Chiefs at Cardinals PS 2 gameday thread 8-20-2021

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I stayed the whole game because it was only mildly interesting in the 4th qtr.

The team, overall, looked tired and disinterested in actually playing the Chiefs. You would think they get jacked to play a team like KC, even in preseason. But you would be wrong.

These first two games we got thoroughly beat up in the trenches. I can't decide if the DL or OL play has been worse in these two preseason games. 9 sacks on our QBs and zero on theirs. They have run the ball down our throats, we haven't done squat on the ground unless it has been garbage time with Streveler running the offense.

Yes guys not playing... preseason.... I get it. But if this team doesn't find some heart and pride, the Titans will wax us.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looked like a completely disinterested team to me. Sad. But true.
Even so some really good signs to me. Collins and Simmons I get the feeling are gonna live up to the hype.

Rondale Moore looked like a sure handed competent returner in his limited reps.

Letting a mahomes lead O go on two long drives isn’t a huge reason for concern IMO. That guy and this team is gonna get his on anyone.

Watts interview “ I am fine and will be back to practice on Monday”

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Just another example of a team completely lacking focus and drive. KK's challenge was just perfect - completely mistimed and ill judged.

They're doing a hell of a job holding back all the good plays!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was pathetic football and I was looking forward to this 1 lol

Green hit to pains as az sports fan

Hope motivated murray shows up in reg season....

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No injuries & that‘s all that matters to me at this point. I’ve been around long (57th NFL season) to know that nothing that happens in the preseason means a lick.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looked like a completely disinterested team to me. Sad. But true.
Even so some really good signs to me. Collins and Simmons I get the feeling are gonna live up to the hype.

Rondale Moore looked like a sure handed competent returner in his limited reps.

Letting a mahomes lead O go on two long drives isn’t a huge reason for concern IMO. That guy and this team is gonna get his on anyone.

Watts interview “ I am fine and will be back to practice on Monday”

that’s good news on Watt!

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I left the game way early (which I never do) to go home and watch CM Punk’s return to pro wrestling on TV. And it was 1,000,000 times more entertaining than watching this debacle of a game in person!
That was such an awesome pop! AEW's ratings are about to skyrocket. Such a good product they're putting out. I don't even really watch anymore, but I was at AEW's first event, and they're all about the real talent that people want to see.

Vince's product is starting to hemorrhage.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's pre season. Lots I'm not bothered about because teams don't play by the same rules they would in a real game. Like Chiefs attempting multiple 4th downs on drive one.

Collins is legit. Looks like a 5 year vet. Simmons was good too. High hopes for that pair. The first team D line put Mahomes under pressure a number of times without a number of starters.

My greatest concern was hearing Kyler had the worst 3rd down passing success rate outside Sam Darnold through the last 2 years. Also his sulky body language pisses me off. He's the anti Mahomes.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I stayed the whole game because it was only mildly interesting in the 4th qtr.

The team, overall, looked tired and disinterested in actually playing the Chiefs. You would think they get jacked to play a team like KC, even in preseason. But you would be wrong.

These first two games we got thoroughly beat up in the trenches. I can't decide if the DL or OL play has been worse in these two preseason games. 9 sacks on our QBs and zero on theirs. They have run the ball down our throats, we haven't done squat on the ground unless it has been garbage time with Streveler running the offense.

Yes guys not playing... preseason.... I get it. But if this team doesn't find some heart and pride, the Titans will wax us.
Agree

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I always look for the positives:
1. Penalties, a sign of good coaching.
2. Collins and Simmons.
3. Dortch, imo, he'll make the 53.
4. Murphy looking like a starting NFL CB.
5. Travis and Harris look like the 2nd, 3rd TE's.
6. Not sure of this one, but Sean Harlow started at LG and played a lot of snaps.
7. Both of the two backup QB's.
8. Moore and Marco are solid rookies.

Still feel good about the team. Especially once we get our front seven on the field. Biggest concern is the OL.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bottom line is outside of 3-4 plays a game Kliffs offense is unimaginative, simple & not NFL caliber!!!

Sure it’s “just preseason” but Kliff is wasting the talent we do have on offense. I said from day 1 he’s not an NFL Coach & especially a HC & the Cards will be better off when he’s sent packing.

What an atrocious first half offensively. Ugh

The "not NFL caliber" Cards offence in 2020 was sixth in total yards, and slightly ahead of the Super Bowl champs.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That interception by Byron Murphy was sweet.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's pre season. Lots I'm not bothered about because teams don't play by the same rules they would in a real game. Like Chiefs attempting multiple 4th downs on drive one.

Collins is legit. Looks like a 5 year vet. Simmons was good too. High hopes for that pair. The first team D line put Mahomes under pressure a number of times without a number of starters.

My greatest concern was hearing Kyler had the worst 3rd down passing success rate outside Sam Darnold through the last 2 years. Also his sulky body language pisses me off. He's the anti Mahomes.
Mirrors my thoughts.

Collins will be one of the Cardinals best defenders as a rookie. He played the run well, blitzed well, and looked good in coverage.

Another good game by Marco Wilson as well.

I'm not worried at all about the first team offense. A number of starters didn't play and we've seen Palmer and Warner lead offenses do the same thing.

Good to hear that Watt will be back. He laughed at the reporter when she asked about the injury. Obvious from his reaction that this has all been precautionary. Watts conditioning is legendary.

If you expand how the team has treated Watt to the rest of the team, we have to hope that other nicked up guys are being treated the same way. Key word is hope. I've downplayed the performance of the DL because their is the assumption that most of the regulars will be back soon.

When you see Michael Dogbe playing against their first team, you know its scrubs against starters. When the Cardinals 2nds were in there the Chiefs still had their Travis Kelly out there. And even then the Chiefs weren't smashing the Cardinals 2nd team.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Nothing to be offended, just a joke
in the same way u defend almost everything regarding the Cardinals, Frodo Beggets did the same for the ring
I dont defend everything about the team, but when people are getting upset that the Cardinals practice squad caliber DL aren't getting a pass rush against the Chiefs starters I'm going to point that out lol.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would keep KJ & Dortch & most definitely cut Isabella.

So far Dortch as done everything you hoped to see in rookie Isabella. Can return on special teams and makes some tough catches when needed. And all with the 3rd team offense.

He's got to be pushing Isabella for his spot. At this stage the only reason they keep Andy is if 1) He balls out in PS game 3 but more likely 2) They can't bring themselves to cut a 2nd round pick so soon.

I'd like Dortch on the roster though. Even if it's just for ST's.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The "not NFL caliber" Cards offence in 2020 was sixth in total yards, and slightly ahead of the Super Bowl champs.
Yes they were. But what happen the last 4 games? Lots of yards between the 20’s. Stats can be misleading. A team can get a lot of yards when they’re behind by 17 PTs. In the 4th quarter.
I’m so sick of seeing 2 yards passes behind the line of scrimmage praying for yac.
we can’t run the ball when we NEED to run the ball. Our play calling has us consistently playing behind the sticks.
The no huddle hurry up doesn’t scare anybody anymore and when the offense is sputtering it puts the defense back on the field in two minutes.
We see miscommunication between Qb and Wr. We see miscommunication on the o-line. I think ALWAYS playing fast hurts us. You are crazy if you don’t think no huddle doesn’t tire out your offensive players. Fatigue leads to mistakes, pre snap penalties and miscommunication.
And we have seen a lot of that.