Changes for Next Season?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I hope that such continuity doesn't include having zero power forwards and one center. The last thing we need is for a continuation of how the team looked in the last 4 games of the NBA Finals.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am hoping for Portis & Noel with our exceptions. We need size up front and Noel and Portis are young and should be in our price range (Portis would have to decline his PO). Portis could be enticed with opportunity to start at PF and should be good fit with Ayton as he can space the floor. Noel would be great back up 5 who could provide post defense off the bench which PHX got exposed by MIL.

No way can the Suns afford both cap-wise (as each will likely get a full MLE). I would be thrilled with one of them.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That would be great but its also a lot to ask. Portis is probably staying in Milwaukee. They can offer the taxpayer MLE which is like 5.8 million. He's a big piece of why they won the title and even if just for one season, he's not going anywhere that he'll be as beloved as Milwaukee.

Noel is realistic and would be a solid addition. Its likely he'll cost about 2/3 of our MLE, if not more. But if we can add him and bring back Frank then we should be good at Center. We'll need a PF to back up Crowder still but I think we can find someone cheap who can fill that role. Frank can also play spot minutes there as well

As we saw in the Finals, Frank can't play spot minutes anywhere.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As we saw in the Finals, Frank can't play spot minutes anywhere.

Frank Kaminsky is fine for the end of the bench, a good locker room guy and he can actually play some if given the opportunity.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Theis is ok. I'd like him more if he were taller. At 6'8" though I don't think he would be my choice as primary backup C.

I do like Cauley-Stein and we could get him and Theis for the MLE I'd be really happy but I know that might be asking too much.

stein is such a knucklehead IMO. I’d pass on him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
“double down on continuity- James Jones.

welp looks like we’re just gonna run it back

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
"double down on continuity- James Jones." ??? What does that mean exactly? is this a strategy?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"double down on continuity- James Jones." ??? What does that mean exactly? is this a strategy?
It's a strategy borne of reason and a lack of good options. He's right, one of our biggest failings during that horrible 10+ year stretch was a lack of continuity. We went through coaches and players at a ridiculous rate and keeping the group together should really help us improve. But it won't fill in the obvious holes. We need to add at least one more player although I suspect it might not happen until the midseason releases hit the street.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's a strategy borne of reason and a lack of good options. He's right, one of our biggest failings during that horrible 10+ year stretch was a lack of continuity. We went through coaches and players at a ridiculous rate and keeping the group together will help us improve. But it won't fill in the obvious holes. We need to add at least one more player although I suspect it might not happen until the midseason releases hit the street.

At a bare minimum, they need to fill the hole left by Saric's injury, or else this team will be out of it by midseason due to lack of size, rebounding and interior defense.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get the feeling the ASU alums hate Ayton and @1Sun doesn't actually watch the games.

When it comes to Arizona teams I don't care where players attended school. I thought we got rid of the overt rivalry stuff a long time ago.

There is sort of an understanding that fans support the colleges they attended or have a bond. Fan interaction is usually very polite on the forum.

I have been a fan of Deandre Ayton well before he was drafted.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think it means try to bring back the core players that contributed in the playoffs if that is possible.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Maybe it's just my wishful thinking since I am a huge fan, but here is a tweet from the Big Sauce:

Could he be heading home for the next season? I'd be delighted with the Big Sauce as the third Center.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
In interviews both Sarver and Jones mentioned that getting another big is one of their top off season priorities.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maybe it's just my wishful thinking since I am a huge fan, but here is a tweet from the Big Sauce:

Could he be heading home for the next season? I'd be delighted with the Big Sauce as the third Center.

He's been out of the league for 3 years and was our third string center when we had one of the worst teams in the NBA. No, thanks.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not touching Cousins with a 10 foot pole. He's a disaster at everything but getting his, he whines and complains constantly to his own teammates. We butchered the Clippers when they'd put him on the court.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not touching Cousins with a 10 foot pole. He's a disaster at everything but getting his, he whines and complains constantly to his own teammates. We butchered the Clippers when they'd put him on the court.

his teammates say they love him at every stop and our second unit had its hands full with him at times

personal feelings towards a player aren’t good when judging them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
his teammates say they love him at every stop and our second unit had its hands full with him at times

personal feelings towards a player aren’t good when judging them.

where did Phrazbit say anything about his personal feeling? He talked about basketball reasons why he didn’t want Cousins.

also, if he’s so beloved, why has he bounced from team to team to team to team? Basketball reasons are probably why in that the front offices don’t see the value in keeping him after he’s on the team for short stints repeatedly.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
where did Phrazbit say anything about his personal feeling? He talked about basketball reasons why he didn’t want Cousins.

also, if he’s so beloved, why has he bounced from team to team to team to team? Basketball reasons are probably why in that the front offices don’t see the value in keeping him after he’s on the team for short stints repeatedly.

he’s clearly ring chasing The Warriors, Houston and the Clippers. He’s also been on the same amount of teams as Chris Paul.

like I said he appears to have a good rep among other NBA players.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
he’s clearly ring chasing The Warriors, Houston and the Clippers. He’s also been on the same amount of teams as Chris Paul.

like I said he appears to have a good rep among other NBA players.
So you are pro Cousins but anti Paul? Gotcha.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose