Changes for Next Season?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't have to clear cap for him. We can trade without giving any salary.

However, we would have to get creative in regards to filling out the roster with other potential trades and min deals.
He would give you 9/9 every night as a backup. Typically, against the other bench players. Plus another big body on the boards and throw at someone? I will take that.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He boxes out, gets rebounds, and plays D. He's Kurt Thomas, and would be a much needed addition.

I mean kind of, but he’s not really great at any of that. Yes he’s better than Frank but that’s not saying much. Thomas was a much better defensive player.

plus he brings more of the celeb Kardashian circus no thanks

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We don't have to clear cap for him. We can trade without giving any salary.

However, we would have to get creative in regards to filling out the roster with other potential trades and min deals.

That doesn't work. Not sure what site you're using to check it but he's due $9.7 million this year and we don't have cap space to absorb that. The site youre using probably doesn't count cap holds or something but we would have to send out a contract that is at least 75% of his deal.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones sounds optimistic about Chris Paul.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with James Jones about this. I'd like to see the Suns three deep at all five positions.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree with James Jones about this. I'd like to see the Suns three deep at all five positions.

That's going to be difficult to accomplish when we currently have only one NBA ready center, one center who is 2-3 years from contributing and zero power forwards.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
UFA bigs:

Cody Zeller
Serge Ibaka
Robin Lopez
Daniel Theis
Nerlens Noel
Ed Davis
Enes Kanter
Richaun Holmes
Frank Kaminsky
JaVale McGee
Willie Cauley-Stein
Dwight Howard
Hassan Whiteside
Alex Len
Gorgui Dieng
Andre Drummond
DeMarcus Cousins

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
UFA bigs:

Cody Zeller
Serge Ibaka
Robin Lopez
Daniel Theis
Nerlens Noel
Ed Davis
Enes Kanter
Richaun Holmes
Frank Kaminsky
JaVale McGee
Willie Cauley-Stein
Dwight Howard
Hassan Whiteside
Alex Len
Gorgui Dieng
Andre Drummond
DeMarcus Cousins
Yes... any or all of them. Lets get Holmes back or Noel or Cousins or Howard. I don't care we need size.
Lets trade as many people on our bench for as many of those ******* as we can.

OP
OP
Raindog

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
If there is anyway possible to get both Holmes and Noel, that would be the perfect off-season. Or at minimum, one of them plus McGee would be a nice substitute.

But I have a sinking feeling it's going to be something more like bringing back Kaminski plus adding Len or Lopez. If it's something like that, I think I might barf.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes... any or all of them. Lets get Holmes back or Noel or Cousins or Howard. I don't care we need size.
Lets trade as many people on our bench for as many of those ******* as we can.
I wouldn't get too carried away. A lot of those bigs didn't even make the playoffs whereas every player on our bench made it to the finals.

We need to improve, we need to get bigger but most of the guys on that list would eat up a lot of salary cap and cost way more in trade than we can afford. The only guys on our bench with any real trade value also have real playing value to us. If we can find a way to add one of the better guys on that list, that's about all we can hope for IMO.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If there is anyway possible to get both Holmes and Noel, that would be the perfect off-season. Or at minimum, one of them plus McGee would be a nice substitute.

But I have a sinking feeling it's going to be something more like bringing back Kaminski plus adding Len or Lopez. If it's something like that, I think I might barf.

Maybe you'd barf, I think I'd celebrate. We don't have much to work with in the way of cap room or trade assets and Alex Len would have probably been enough to get us our first championship. It might not be enough this year if some of the loaded teams get healthy but it's a step in the right direction.

Unlike Mcgee and Lopez who are 33 plus and nearing the end of their careers, Alex probably has another 5 to 8 years of viability. Holmes or Noel would be much better but much harder to acquire and much harder to fit into our salary cap.

Right now I don't see any feasible way we bring a big in that will really help us. I hope that isn't the case but even guys like Zeller and Dieng made 16 million last year.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
UFA bigs:

Cody Zeller
Serge Ibaka
Robin Lopez
Daniel Theis
Nerlens Noel
Ed Davis
Enes Kanter
Richaun Holmes
Frank Kaminsky
JaVale McGee
Willie Cauley-Stein
Dwight Howard
Hassan Whiteside
Alex Len
Gorgui Dieng
Andre Drummond
DeMarcus Cousins

Cauley-Stein, Drummond or Cousins would be good

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't get too carried away. A lot of those bigs didn't even make the playoffs whereas every player on our bench made it to the finals.

We need to improve, we need to get bigger but most of the guys on that list would eat up a lot of salary cap and cost way more in trade than we can afford. The only guys on our bench with any real trade value also have real playing value to us. If we can find a way to add one of the better guys on that list, that's about all we can hope for IMO.

I was shocked to see Harrell opt-in on his $9,258,000 contract and Bobby Portis only signed for $3,623,000 last season. There will be bargains but perhaps the Suns can't be as picky. I've always liked Enes Kanter for what he can do. Also I wouldn't mind bringing Frank Kaminsky back for depth.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
UFA bigs:

Cody Zeller
Serge Ibaka
Robin Lopez
Daniel Theis
Nerlens Noel
Ed Davis
Enes Kanter
Richaun Holmes
Frank Kaminsky
JaVale McGee
Willie Cauley-Stein
Dwight Howard
Hassan Whiteside
Alex Len
Gorgui Dieng
Andre Drummond
DeMarcus Cousins

Noel might be the right choice here. He played with CP3 in OKC, and he kind of does what Ayton does on defense.
I think Lopez could be a good choice too. He has good size and he can actually score in the low post.
Holmes is going to cost way too much. Drummond is a weird one- he might do what the Suns need, but I don't think he would be happy playing 12 minutes per game behind Ayton. Theis and Len could be interesting.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
UFA bigs:

Serge Ibaka
Daniel Theis
Nerlens Noel
JaVale McGee
Willie Cauley-Stein
Dwight Howard
Hassan Whiteside
Gorgui Dieng
DeMarcus Cousins

My choices among realistic options, in no particular order. Preference would be Noel, followed by Whiteside, Ibaka, McGee and Cauley-Stein. We need two, though one plus a power forward like Millsap would suffice.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Noel might be the right choice here. He played with CP3 in OKC, and he kind of does what Ayton does on defense.
I think Lopez could be a good choice too. He has good size and he can actually score in the low post.
Holmes is going to cost way too much. Drummond is a weird one- he might do what the Suns need, but I don't think he would be happy playing 12 minutes per game behind Ayton. Theis and Len could be interesting.

Daniel Theis is one of my favorites. He plays with so much effort and energy. I was surprised when the Celtics traded him.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

We have seen Kaminsky fail twice here. It would shock me if he were brought back as anything other than the 14th or 15th man for the minimum.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daniel Theis is one of my favorites. He plays with so much effort and energy. I was surprised when the Celtics traded him.

Theis is ok. I'd like him more if he were taller. At 6'8" though I don't think he would be my choice as primary backup C.

I do like Cauley-Stein and we could get him and Theis for the MLE I'd be really happy but I know that might be asking too much.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Theis is ok. I'd like him more if he were taller. At 6'8" though I don't think he would be my choice as primary backup C.

I do like Cauley-Stein and we could get him and Theis for the MLE I'd be really happy but I know that might be asking too much.

I will gladly take both. Theis is a plus because he can play some minutes at power forward and help spread the court.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am hoping for Portis & Noel with our exceptions. We need size up front and Noel and Portis are young and should be in our price range (Portis would have to decline his PO). Portis could be enticed with opportunity to start at PF and should be good fit with Ayton as he can space the floor. Noel would be great back up 5 who could provide post defense off the bench which PHX got exposed by MIL.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am hoping for Portis & Noel with our exceptions. We need size up front and Noel and Portis are young and should be in our price range (Portis would have to decline his PO). Portis could be enticed with opportunity to start at PF and should be good fit with Ayton as he can space the floor. Noel would be great back up 5 who could provide post defense off the bench which PHX got exposed by MIL.

That would be great but its also a lot to ask. Portis is probably staying in Milwaukee. They can offer the taxpayer MLE which is like 5.8 million. He's a big piece of why they won the title and even if just for one season, he's not going anywhere that he'll be as beloved as Milwaukee.

Noel is realistic and would be a solid addition. Its likely he'll cost about 2/3 of our MLE, if not more. But if we can add him and bring back Frank then we should be good at Center. We'll need a PF to back up Crowder still but I think we can find someone cheap who can fill that role. Frank can also play spot minutes there as well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose