CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If we traded back with someone like the Lions I'd have no problem taking Avila with their #18. I don't think he lasts until the 2nd and I think he's the best IOL in the class.

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
more on Wypler

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Would Wypler be there in the 3rd?

Josh Myers, who was OSU's starting C before Wypler was drafted in round 2 at #64 and in my opinion Wypler is the better player.

Wypler at #66 would be good value.
I’d guess yes on the early third, but it’s a risk

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Starting to believe it’s less & less likely Tyree Wilson will be in heavy consideration without doing the combine or Pro Day due to a medical concern.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Ok draft nerds. They both come with risks and both would only be options if we traded back. Who are you taking if you had to choose.

Jalen Carter or Bryan Breese?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok draft nerds. They both come with risks and both would only be options if we traded back. Who are you taking if you had to choose.

Eeks… that’s a tough call. It seems that Carter is the choice based on talent but good lord we can’t miss on this pick if this guy is a head case.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Zoiks, that's a tough one. Breese has huge question marks if he can be good and if he wasn't great because of life circumstances. Carter has huge question marks because of the character issues and because he produced very little even surrounded by talent.

I'm not a fan of drafting either with our top pick, even if we traded out of the top 15. That said, for the sake of the exercise, I guess Breese?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's close but I'll go Carter. If this is a straight choice at say #15.

There's not been any concerns about his on field attitude from what I've seen and I'll gamble on the off field stuff being youthful indiscretion that he's learned is lesson from and that he will use it as motivation moving forward.

Don't see the Diche stuff at all. Diche didn't love football, it was just a job for him. Never did the work.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Bresee.

Carter has significant character (moral AND football) risks. And it's not like he was more productive to begin with.

Bresee also looks like he can get bigger and I don't think Carter is getting much bigger.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

There's not been any concerns about his on field attitude from what I've seen and I'll gamble on the off field stuff being youthful indiscretion that he's learned is lesson from and that he will use it as motivation moving forward.

Don't see the Diche stuff at all. Diche didn't love football, it was just a job for him. Never did the work.
I also don't get that vibe but I feel that is the question that needs to be answered. Was it a stupid mistake or part of a person who only loves what football provides.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I also don't get that vibe but I feel that is the question that needs to be answered. Was it a stupid mistake or part of a person who only loves what football provides.

I tend to lean towards stupid mistake. Simply because it's a stupid mistake a lot of young drivers make whether they play football or not. I can't imagine what I'd have been like is local dealerships were throwing cars like that at me at 21.

Plus I think is there were general attitude concerns we would have heard much more about it. He's done a bunch of interviews and visits already. If there was an issue there it would be out there in the world.

It's a close call between the two though. I like Carter's play more than Bresee. I like Bresee's story and character more than Carter. Ask me tomorrow I might fall the other way.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Carter being gassed in the playoffs... then still being out of shape at his pro day,..is EXACTLY him not being willing to put in the work and not having enough love for the game.