CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I've been thinking on it more and I think the FO should forego a 1st round tackle unless we trade back a bit.

Its a RT they will be eying up and they can do that later with Wright, Freeland or Jones.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I've been thinking on it more and I think the FO should forego a 1st round tackle unless we trade back a bit.

Its a RT they will be eying up and they can do that later with Wright, Freeland or Jones.
I agree, this is a deep draft. Jones might still work there, but even in Round 2 there should be options. If they trade back they should get an extra 2.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Not sure about Dawand Jones. He’s going to have a tough time handling NFL speed.
Paris Johnson is legit though. He could start at RT and then take over for DJ in a couple years.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
"Peter Skoronski is a can’t miss prospect

I think he becomes a good NFL player, but his short arms may leave him more effective at guard."

You must be registered for see images attach

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I like the thinking but move down if you’re going to target a guard.
Or you stay put and draft him knowing he is close to a lock for securing the position for years outside of playing tackle. I know as I said that is overdrafting for the position but that cuts down the risk of getting better on the OL. For me the real value is winning games and not the draft value score

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
More evaluators seem to be tending towards Johnson as the top OT. I’m hearing Skoronski is not a top 10 pick. Of course workouts can change everything. Skoronski is the most athletic of this pool, but there will be fine guards much lower in this draft. I posted some trade down scenarios on another thread. You could get Skoronski in round 1 with any of them. He could still be a good OT in my mind but I don’t see him as dominant enough to take top 10 within what I consider a loaded draft. If you’re crazy enough to trade down twice I’d consider him.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Drafting a Guard in the top 10 would tell me Keim never left his GM position.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Drafting a Guard in the top 10 would tell me Keim never left his GM position.
The catch is if you draft Skoronski, play him at LG until Humphries is done and then kick him out to LT or just plug him in at RT from day 1.

I would argue that people worried about Skoronski's measurables should have been worried about Kyler's as well.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The catch is if you draft Skoronski, play him at LG until
Which would still not be smart.

If I’m drafting a OL in the top 10, he better be starting at LT or RT from the jump. I’m not wasting premium draft capital at a non-premium position then move him to a position where he’ll have a good amount of concerns.

There’s no catch. At all.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Which would still not be smart.

If I’m drafting a OL in the top 10, he better be starting at LT or RT from the jump. I’m not wasting premium draft capital at a non-premium position then move him to a position where he’ll have a good amount of concerns.

There’s no catch. At all.
Starting LT in two years or starting RT as a rookie?

There is a world where you love Skoronski as a LT but also understand that Humphries is still a valuable player at a key spot.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Starting LT in two years or starting RT as a rookie?

There is a world where you love Skoronski as a LT but also understand that Humphries is still a valuable player at a key spot.
He better be starting at either LT or RT the second he gets here. No wasted time at OG.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His draft position wasn't the question. The question is, would you draft a David DeCastro in the top 10? Or let's go ILBer. Would you draft a Ray Lewis in the top 10?
It’s a moot question & its a question you asked me I believe twice already, so you should know my answer.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose