CFB & Prospect Discussion Thread:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's your draft hot takes? Mine are...

I love Ivan Pace and think he's going to somehow make it in the league. Probably as a safety. I love his tape. It doesn't make sense. Everything about his size says bust but he makes it work.

Deuce Vaughn. For many of the same reasons. I normally don't like size outliers but he plays much bigger than he measures. Think he finds a role.

Bijan Robinson. I just feel he's overhyped. I don't think there's that big a gap to Gibbs.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I think McBride is going to be an NFL starter. Such a violent runner with a knack for finding holes and he is tough to bring down. His hole is the passing game; he wasn't used as a receiver and scouts doubt his pass blocking.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Good video. Here is a summary with my comments.

TIER 1

I agree with Kollman so far, especially on Anderson. If you need a 5 tech type, he's not your guy. Jason Babin...interesting comp. I can see it. The Darnell Wright tape shows he's probably not a line up on tackle kind of guy.

Wilson most versatile. Can play 5 tech, OLB, 6 tech. Wilson behind on technique but better tools than Anderson. You can see some reps where he used a swim move. Really good run stopper. Flattened Steve Avila against TCU. Athletic ball of clay. Really fits Seattle, could be their Myles Garrett. Don't be shocked if he goes first among edge. (I obviously really agree with Kollman)

Nolan Smith, historically good bend and burst. Reddick comp. Rare athlete. Can get to the corner faster than all but 8-9 tackles in the NFL. Big time leader, great football character. Very rare player.

Myles Murphy. Most polarizing. 2022 tape is just ok (totally agree, I'm underwhelmed by him). 2021 tape is better. Good size, plays run well, great first step. Better player than testing suggests. Good hand fighter, good speed to power. Riskier pick.

TIER 2

Van Ness. Ball of clay. Redshirt sophomore. Big, quick, athletic. Great three cone for his size. Abnormally fluid. Great change of direction. Could be a force in the NFL (he's one of my trade down guys). If he added size could play 3 tech. If he hits his ceiling, could be best edge in this draft, but small sample size.

Keion White. Similar to Van Ness, bigger but not quite as athletic. Should be great on stunts and games because of his toolset. Very versatile. Great run stopper, great motor. (Older player though) (One great comment Kollman made is that people focus too much on what players don't do well. I see this from posters posting on Tyree Wilson).

McDonald. Used as a 5 tech, but that's not his position. (My issue is that you don't really know how they would do at other positions though) amazing pass rusher when allowed to do so. High pass rush win rate. Destroyed everyone at combine. Stand up edge. Gnarly three cone. First step is sick. (FYI will be a 24 year old rookie).

Byron Young, Tennessee. Similar to McDonald, shorter arms though. More explosive than McDonald and bendier. Top tier burst. Great on stunts and games. Fast as hell.

Ojulari. Great length for a 6'2 guy (34 inch arms). Not as bendy as Young or McDonald, good pass rush moves. Great character, high motor. #18. Doesn't have elite traits, but should be a good pass rusher. Justin Houston type.

Derrick Hall. Very similar to Ojulari, but a little bigger. Justin Houston type. Stand up edge, good against the run. Good pass rush moves. Most years would go higher. Safe pick.

Dylan Horton, TCU. Got even less press than Hall (he's a bit of a sleeper). 6'4 260, good testing numbers. Not that bendy, but very powerful and uses hands well. Good speed to power. Plays run. Not as flashy.

Tuipulotu, USC. Similar to Horton. Inside out versatility. Played tackle earlier in career. More fluid and bendier than Horton, but quite as powerful. Plays the run. Similar to Preston Smith, who moved to OLB after playing inside earlier.

Anudike-Uzomah, KState. Used at 5 tech like McDonald. Thick and shorter, long arms. Good speed to power, and bendy. Good three cone.

(One of the funny things about Kollmans tiers is that he thinks all these guys are gone by pick 40. I don't agree. A few of these guys will be available at 60.)

(Kollman is a victim of recency bias. He talks about all these guys like every one of them are going to be 10 sack guys. This is not going to happen.)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good video. Here is a summary with my comments.

TIER 1

I agree with Kollman so far, especially on Anderson. If you need a 5 tech type, he's not your guy. Jason Babin...interesting comp. I can see it. The Darnell Wright tape shows he's probably not a line up on tackle kind of guy.

Wilson most versatile. Can play 5 tech, OLB, 6 tech. Wilson behind on technique but better tools than Anderson. You can see some reps where he used a swim move. Really good run stopper. Flattened Steve Avila against TCU. Athletic ball of clay. Really fits Seattle, could be their Myles Garrett. Don't be shocked if he goes first among edge. (I obviously really agree with Kollman)

Nolan Smith, historically good bend and burst. Reddick comp. Rare athlete. Can get to the corner faster than all but 8-9 tackles in the NFL. Big time leader, great football character. Very rare player.

Myles Murphy. Most polarizing. 2022 tape is just ok (totally agree, I'm underwhelmed by him). 2021 tape is better. Good size, plays run well, great first step. Better player than testing suggests. Good hand fighter, good speed to power. Riskier pick.

TIER 2

Van Ness. Ball of clay. Redshirt sophomore. Big, quick, athletic. Great three cone for his size. Abnormally fluid. Great change of direction. Could be a force in the NFL (he's one of my trade down guys). If he added size could play 3 tech. If he hits his ceiling, could be best edge in this draft, but small sample size.

Keion White. Similar to Van Ness, bigger but not quite as athletic. Should be great on stunts and games because of his toolset. Very versatile. Great run stopper, great motor. (Older player though) (One great comment Kollman made is that people focus too much on what players don't do well. I see this from posters posting on Tyree Wilson).

McDonald. Used as a 5 tech, but that's not his position. (My issue is that you don't really know how they would do at other positions though) amazing pass rusher when allowed to do so. High pass rush win rate. Destroyed everyone at combine. Stand up edge. Gnarly three cone. First step is sick. (FYI will be a 24 year old rookie).

Byron Young, Tennessee. Similar to McDonald, shorter arms though. More explosive than McDonald and bendier. Top tier burst. Great on stunts and games. Fast as hell.

Ojulari. Great length for a 6'2 guy (34 inch arms). Not as bendy as Young or McDonald, good pass rush moves. Great character, high motor. #18. Doesn't have elite traits, but should be a good pass rusher. Justin Houston type.

Derrick Hall. Very similar to Ojulari, but a little bigger. Justin Houston type. Stand up edge, good against the run. Good pass rush moves. Most years would go higher. Safe pick.

Dylan Horton, TCU. Got even less press than Hall (he's a bit of a sleeper). 6'4 260, good testing numbers. Not that bendy, but very powerful and uses hands well. Good speed to power. Plays run. Not as flashy.

Tuipulotu, USC. Similar to Horton. Inside out versatility. Played tackle earlier in career. More fluid and bendier than Horton, but quite as powerful. Plays the run. Similar to Preston Smith, who moved to OLB after playing inside earlier.

Anudike-Uzomah, KState. Used at 5 tech like McDonald. Thick and shorter, long arms. Good speed to power, and bendy. Good three cone.

(One of the funny things about Kollmans tiers is that he thinks all these guys are gone by pick 40. I don't agree. A few of these guys will be available at 60.)

(Kollman is a victim of recency bias. He talks about all these guys like every one of them are going to be 10 sack guys. This is not going to happen.)

If I'm picking guys that are going to be best value where they are expected to go I love Van Ness and McDonald.

Outside Anderson they would be 2 guys I'd be stoked with.

I big haul to trade back to 11 and pick up Van Ness would be awesome. I wasn't enamored with him early but the more I watch him the more I think he's going to be a star.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If I'm picking guys that are going to be best value where they are expected to go I love Van Ness and McDonald.

Outside Anderson they would be 2 guys I'd be stoked with.

I big haul to trade back to 11 and pick up Van Ness would be awesome. I wasn't enamored with him early but the more I watch him the more I think he's going to be a star.
Agree wholeheartedly. But I'd replace McDonald with Nolan Smith.

Van Ness is a monster. I could see him being the best defender from this class.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree wholeheartedly. But I'd replace McDonald with Nolan Smith.

Van Ness is a monster. I could see him being the best defender from this class.

I think Smith is going higher than people think. His leadership and work ethic is off the charts apparently. I think he might be the 3rd Edge taken.

Van Ness gives me TJ Watt vibes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard