And Tony to the Ravens
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll never blame anyone for taking the money in the case of Campbell.

Hope they both do well

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like he just wanted to be back close to home.... he was going to get astronomical money anywhere… But to go to a perennial loser franchise with no clear bright future ahead??? I'm guessing he wanted to be back in Florida

ThunderCard

Reaction score
I loved everything CC has done in a Cards uniform. He will not be replaced this year and I wish him the best. Thanks for good years CC !! Unfortunately we just cant afford that type of money right now

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Sounds like he just wanted to be back close to home.... he was going to get astronomical money anywhere… But to go to a perennial loser franchise with no clear bright future ahead??? I'm guessing he wanted to be back in Florida

CC grew up in Denver --

This was a money thing. I have no problem with that.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's just be happy that Calais & Tony went to a team outside of the NFC.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved everything CC has done in a Cards uniform. He will not be replaced this year and I wish him the best. Thanks for good years CC !! Unfortunately we just cant afford that type of money right now
Actually he will be replaced 1000%
Lol

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I expected him to sign with a contender and Tony to chase the money. Other way around, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThunderCard

Reaction score
I expected him to sign with a contender and Tony to chase the money. Other way around, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I really thought he was going to go somewhere where they had playoff chances. He really has 1 Great year and 1 above average year before that decline starts. He will probably sign for 4 years or maybe 5 and get a deal like Chandler

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I really thought he was going to go somewhere where they had playoff chances. He really has 1 Great year and 1 above average year before that decline starts. He will probably sign for 4 years or maybe 5 and get a deal like Chandler
I doubt he get same contract lenght and especially the guarantee money

I think can be a 3year deal 36 mil with 22 guarantee

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He is pulling a Dansby kind of.... He commanded more money then we can offer... But Man... These guys have to want to win don't they? Friends and happiness... Is never a part of the answer.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Hello 2018 compensatory picks!

Campbell has had one foot out the door for a year now.

Funny thing about Jefferson---BA said the other day that "I hope he doesn't lose that chip on his shoulder when he gets paid." While I do not believe TJ will keep that chip, the fact that this was on BA's mind could be yet another indication that the Cardinals have never quite been sold on Jefferson as a core player.

People will say---but the Cardinals tried to re-sign both CC and TJ---but BA&SK knew all along what they were doing and they have been feigning interest in re-signing them to appease the fans.

I am not saying this is wrong (in light of the Monopoly money they are getting elsewhere)...but CC and TJ were the two best tacklers on the team last year on a team that does not tackle very well. Swearinger was the 3rd best...but rumors are they aren't that high on keeping him either. The Cardinals have a plan---it will be interesting to see what it is.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, guess a Super Bowl isn't that important with CC but I wish him well. The guy was a good player. Not great but good. His skill set is replaceable. It's his leadership that will be missed most.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score

Funny thing about Jefferson---BA said the other day that "I hope he doesn't lose that chip on his shoulder when he gets paid." While I do not believe TJ will keep that chip, the fact that this was on BA's mind could be yet another indication that the Cardinals have never quite been sold on Jefferson as a core player.

People will say---but the Cardinals tried to re-sign both CC and TJ---but BA&SK knew all along what they were doing and they have been feigning interest in re-signing them to appease the fans.

I am not saying this is wrong (in light of the Monopoly money they are getting elsewhere)...but CC and TJ were the two best tacklers on the team last year on a team that does not tackle very well. Swearinger was the 3rd best...but rumors are they aren't that high on keeping him either. The Cardinals have a plan---it will be interesting to see what it is.

Hopefully it involves TJ McDonald or Micah Hyde (who can also return punts).

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh, Jax is a playoff contender for no reason other than the AFC South is a bad division. But that's it. They're a contender in a bad division. A one and done playoff team if that.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Tree man is going to be hugely missed & I don't think his replacement is on this roster & that includes the invisible man they drafted last year.

I'm curious so see the plan as well Mitch. There's no crying in BB, but I'm crying today over my NFL team. :pullhair:

#93 was one of the best Dlineman in Big Red history IMO & better than DD