CB Robert Alford expect him to be re-signed.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Because as you said attaining Green again at WR, that's a totally smart plausible move if, 'if' being a key word, the Cards did not intend to stop there and still fortify the position past those initial signings
I am not in favor of re-signing Green whatsoever. I think you have me confused with another poster.

Stout

Reaction score
The laugh react is because CB isn't a big hole. The Cardinals were fine at CB last year. Not great, but not bad either.

This was literally the same song and dance you did last year.

I'd add another body via the draft and bring back Hamilton and be happy with what the Cardinals have done at CB.

WR and Edge are 10x more glaring.
Last year isn't this year, and though I was wrong for a good chunk of the season, the CB room sucked down the stretch. Running it back with one of those players being older and oft-injured isn't a good idea. Not to mention the room is still weaker than it was last season, as we don't have Hamilton under contract.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Last year isn't this year, and though I was wrong for a good chunk of the season, the CB room sucked down the stretch. Running it back with one of those players being older and oft-injured isn't a good idea. Not to mention the room is still weaker than it was last season, as we don't have Hamilton under contract.
Yeah injuries will do that...hence why depth is important.

The team collectively hit the injury bug more than an average team last year. That's been demonstrated by Football Outsiders AGL index.

You're also not factoring in that young players tend to get better. Making a mountain out of a mole hill. I'm probably less concerned with DB than any position group on the roster.

Stout

Reaction score
Yeah injuries will do that...hence why depth is important.

The team collectively hit the injury bug more than an average team last year. That's been demonstrated by Football Outsiders AGL index.

You're also not factoring in that young players tend to get better. Making a mountain out of a mole hill. I'm probably less concerned with DB than any position group on the roster.
Except he's the injury problem and he's supposed to be providing said depth.

I get you on Marco Wilson. I hope he develops too, and I expect he'll get at least somewhat better. We shall see. If you're rating Marco Wilson as making a big 2nd-year stride, I can understand our optimism in this area, if not share it. I'd like to see Hamilton back, though.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Except he's the injury problem and he's supposed to be providing said depth.

I get you on Marco Wilson. I hope he develops too, and I expect he'll get at least somewhat better. We shall see. If you're rating Marco Wilson as making a big 2nd-year stride, I can understand our optimism in this area, if not share it. I'd like to see Hamilton back, though.
Alford isn't even a lock to make it. He's a vet minimum guy.

Even without him, Murphy, Marc, and Gladney isn't a total dumpster fire. Agree on Hamilton. He had his moments where he looked like a player.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stout

Reaction score

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Again, if we don’t find a pass rush our cb’s ain’t gonna matter.
But we actually did generate a good pass rush during that span of a season when Chandler Jones was out of the lineup. One can have a pass rush which is sufficient by committee and Vance Jospeh did show he can do this, but we need to add more bodies that are either relentless like Golden or have some speed to have a sufficient rotation... I do not know what to expect from Gardeck after his injury and these are all aspects which Keim at the moment does not see as a problematic at this juncture but one would like to think he would hedge his bets with some additional signings

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
But we actually did generate a good pass rush during that span of a season when Chandler Jones was out of the lineup. One can have a pass rush which is sufficient by committee and Vance Jospeh did show he can do this, but we need to add more bodies that are either relentless like Golden or have some speed to have a sufficient rotation... I do not know what to expect from Gardeck after his injury and these are all aspects which Keim at the moment does not see as a problematic at this juncture but one would like to think he would hedge his bets with some additional signings
Reddick stepped up in a major way when Chandler went down. There is nobody even comparable to Reddick on the bench this season.

Reactions: PJ1

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson