CB Robert Alford expect him to be re-signed.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would be happy with it, but we also need to get another CB who will actually be healthy at the end of the season so we don't need to play practice squad CBs in late-season games for the 5th year in a row.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I hope it isn't finished because we still don't have a #1 CB.
Actually, for the most part, no team has a shutdown corner anymore if that is what you are looking for. The rules are so skewed towards the offense that the real hope you have for stopping a passing game is getting pressure on the QB, which we are lacking at the moment. I welcome Alford back and Keim needs to get on the ball to at least allow Vance the ability to generate a pass rush by committee which can work... that was proven with the Cards when Chandler Jones was out

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Actually, for the most part, no team has a shutdown corner anymore if that is what you are looking for. The rules are so skewed towards the offense that the real hope you have for stopping a passing game is getting pressure on the QB, which we are lacking at the moment. I welcome Alford back and Keim needs to get on the ball to at least allow Vance the ability to generate a pass rush by committee which can work... that was proven with the Cards when Chandler Jones was out
I'm not expecting #1 Jalen Ramsey good but at the very least someone with #1 CB ability. Currently we don't have that. I get the pass rush thing but quick passing attacks (3 step drops) neutralize any good pass rush & you still need good cover CB's.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'm not expecting #1 Jalen Ramsey good but at the very least someone with #1 CB ability. Currently we don't have that. I get the pass rush thing but quick passing attacks (3 step drops) neutralize any good pass rush & you still need good cover CB's.
Well, if that's the concern, at least these corners can tackle

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What is wrong with yinz, @cheesebeef and @kerouac9? Has this team and offseason beat you down so badly that ALFORD sounds like a good idea? God almighty, if we're trying to improve the roster, this is exactly how NOT to do it.

Who do you think teams have as CB4 on their rosters?

You can have a nobody like Kevin Peterson, or someone that actually played well for 14 games last year and was statistically our best CB in many areas including comp % allowed and passer rating allowed.

You're just so determined to be negative about everything that you can't see that Alford at vet min is a great addition.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Who do you think teams have as CB4 on their rosters?

You can have a nobody like Kevin Peterson, or someone that actually played well for 14 games last year and was statistically our best CB in many areas including comp % allowed and passer rating allowed.

You're just so determined to be negative about everything that you can't see that Alford at vet min is a great addition.
And I get accused of hyperbole!

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A bit old but Alford was our best cb last season
Hope Wilson and gadney show some promises and then the unit is fine
Trenches is what scares me
And Keim did nothing
Not much to add, and it's unlikely there will be a serous upgrade

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Just exactly do you expect to have for CB4 at vet min?

You find me an alternative that had a 67 PFF grade, allowed 57% comp rate and an 81.7 passer rating and 290 yards playing 70% of snaps over 14 games.

You find me a CB that offer that, for vet min, then you might have a point.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
...and completely screwed the secondary. Why, WHY would we want to keep getting older, slower, and more injured on this roster? Ugh.
Depth is the only reason, I'm not really for or against it. Is what it is. It's not like VJ will use a man to man defense anyway so we may as well have old guys in the secondary that will tackle lol.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn