Carson Palmer

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
First off he's not getting paid 24 mil next year that is his cap hit. If you wave BYE-BYE to him you save about 12 to 13 mil., and who are you replacing him with for 12 to 13 mil?
A cheaper game manager type of QB or draft a QB early in draft and go Dak Prescott and play him early like BA says a rookie needs to do. If Palmer comes back next year he is making $24M, make no mistake unless he takes a pay cut which I don't think he will. You may say kiss our playoff hopes goodbye without him but then again we didn't make the playoffs this year with him. ARZ has some major holes, they need as much cap space to shore up the OL, re-sign key guys and replace those they can't / won't re-sign. No way is Palmer worth the money he is scheduled to make next year....Tom Brady is making less for crying out loud.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
A cheaper game manager type of QB or draft a QB early in draft and go Dak Prescott and play him early like BA says a rookie needs to do. If Palmer comes back next year he is making $24M, make no mistake unless he takes a pay cut which I don't think he will. You may say kiss our playoff hopes goodbye without him but then again we didn't make the playoffs this year with him. ARZ has some major holes, they need as much cap space to shore up the OL, re-sign key guys and replace those they can't / won't re-sign. No way is Palmer worth the money he is scheduled to make next year....Tom Brady is making less for crying out loud.

By that logic, then what you are saying he cannot help the Cardinals win a Super Bowl. The quarterback position is the most important position on the field and if one thinks he can win a Super Bowl, the 24 million is worth having him start.. comparing his salary to other guys once signed is not relevant and you either think he is the guy or not :)

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

First of all Tom Brady is making less, but got much more guaranteed money, and an injury clause. So for those guarantees he averages about 4 mil less, these are things that players want. My point is the cap hit is nothing if say you cut CP and sign a Fitzpatrick for 12 mil. I would rather have CP.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sounds to. me like Carson was sincere in saying he wanted to return and BA was in full coach-speak mode. I wouldn't read anything more into the 2 statements.

Ongoing word of caution: Despite what Carson has said, "new things" can crop up without warning. Nothing's a given until everything is signed off on.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
All that being said, I don't think they're retiring. Both will be back, it's early yet as soon as things settle down they'll both get that itch. IMO

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
No Romo. If Palmer retires, go young and develop. Look how much success Pittsburgh's had with Big Ben. What pick did they have again? :D

Actually, I double-checked, and it was 11, not 13. Still close lol

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
No Romo. If Palmer retires, go young and develop. Look how much success Pittsburgh's had with Big Ben. What pick did they have again? :D

Actually, I double-checked, and it was 11, not 13. Still close lol

Romo has a big time salary is 37 or 38. He is Carson Palmer.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man... I think both of those guys are done, and so are our slim title hopes if that happens.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Someone over on RFU said that Mike Jurecki Tweeted that Palmer has pulled his kids out of school and is selling his house and has moved out of state.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Someone over on RFU said that Mike Jurecki Tweeted that Palmer has pulled his kids out of school and is selling his house and has moved out of state.
If he's retiring, no need to uproot family and kids before summer break. Makes zero sense.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Looking at Jurecki's twitter I don't see anything. Didn't hear anything on the radio either. Probably just a rumor.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Kent Somers debunked this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's now on PFT as well, crediting Jurecki. Bizarre if nothing else.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They just said on mike and mike.... That Palmer has pulled his kids and moved... They expressed the story and didn't say it was false.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If it's on the internet, it must be true...and Mike and Mike will report/read anything they see online, without vetting. Remember, this is sports news, where being first is way more important than being right.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn