Cards Vikings game thread 10/21/12

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
'It's not scheme, it's not coaches it's we on the field shooting ourselves in the foot', SAM ACHO

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
So giving up 100 rushing yards in the 1st half is acceptable?

They didn't play great in the first half, but kept us in the game....

Twice we intercepted the ball in their territory and led to 0 points.. Twice we started with the ball in their zone after punts. It's not on them that the offense could not take advantage of opportunities and great field position.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

Twice we intercepted the ball in their territory and led to 0 points.. Twice we started with the ball in their zone after punts. It's not on them that the offense could not take advantage of opportunities and great field position.

I'd lay the two interceptions at the feet of Christian Ponder rather than the defense being good. He panicked and threw the ball right to us instead of throwing it away.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

At least 6 possessions of 4 plays or less.

moosehead

All Star
Reaction score
It's enlightening watching the other games. Even the teams that are losing or have lost, play better than we do. Entertaining football, for the most part....

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I'd lay the two interceptions at the feet of Christian Ponder rather than the defense being good. He panicked and threw the ball right to us instead of throwing it away.

Not sure why they were throwing in the second half

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

He panicked UNDER PRESSURE from the Cards 'D' !!!!!!!

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

I won't argue that Ponder didn't play like crap today, and I won't argue that we didn't give up a ton of yards on the two scoring drives, but otherwise our defense put our offense in great field position virtually all day and they could do nothing with it.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Wow.. anyone see the end of the Saints/Bucs game? Sure looks like he got pushed out of bounds there!!!

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
A good QB would've thrown the ball away, no? I don't know what to tell you, you don't think the defense deserves any blame for the loss whatsoever?

If you want to say "our offense sucks so bad that if the defense gives up a single point and we lose then it is partly on them", then so be it.. but the defense played well enough for us to win that game today.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A good QB would've thrown the ball away, no? I don't know what to tell you, you don't think the defense deserves any blame for the loss whatsoever?

And you refuse to give them credit. Ponder has had some good games this year.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Whatsoever is NOT where you started.

But, when you give up 14 points and just over 200 yards in itotal offence you look somewhere else to lay blame.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Our offense is really bad. Fitz is our only talented player and we are paying him 120mill to put up Danny Amendola numbers

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
If you want to say "our offense sucks so bad that if the defense gives up a single point and we lose then it is partly on them", then so be it.. but the defense played well enough for us to win that game today.

100 rushing yards in the 1st half; 150+ rushing yards for the game is doing your job? There's not much else we have to talk about here.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
How does Josh Freeman throw for 400 yards and yet we struggle to move the ball against the Bills?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Yep..wild finish...I thought you could push receivers out of bounds if the QB rolls out of the pocket?

Really? That is a stupid rule if that's the case.. you should at least be allowed to re-establish your position if the defender pushes you out of bounds.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
100 rushing yards in the 1st half; 150+ rushing yards for the game is doing your job? There's not much else we have to talk about here.

14 points given up, 2 turnovers, and 3 sacks is doing your job. There's not much else we have to talk about here.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Really? That is a stupid rule if that's the case.. you should at least be allowed to re-establish your position if the defender pushes you out of bounds.

Yeah, didn't that happen to Fitz when we played against the Eagles?

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

The job is keeping them out of the end zone, last I checked.

And 14 points says 'job well done'.