Cards v Chargers Post Game

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sean Payton would do wonders with Kyler. I trust Kyler 100% to audible the play. If ots true Kliff doesn't let him that's crap . It's called adjusting. If you don't allow your QB to adjust based on what he sees...he shouldn't be your QB

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The offense didn’t move the ball at all in fourth quarter after Conner TD early. That cost them the game. Three series and not one first down. Get a couple and they win. Didn’t even need to score. Just move the ball some.
You’re not understanding my point. When THIS team under KK is backed up inside their 10, Kliff gets VERY predictable, especially on his 1st down calls. When you literally give away your 1st down by running right up the middle, it makes it very difficult to get first downs to salt away a win. McBride didn’t help our cause by dropping 2 passes either.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sean Payton would do wonders with Kyler. I trust Kyler 100% to audible the play. If ots true Kliff doesn't let him that's crap . It's called adjusting. If you don't allow your QB to adjust based on what he sees...he shouldn't be your QB
Where is the "Kyler isn't allowed to audible" thing coming from? We've seen Kyler audible.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You’re not understanding my point. When THIS team under KK is backed up inside their 10, Kliff gets VERY predictable, especially on his 1st down calls. When you literally give away your 1st down by running right up the middle, it makes it very difficult to get first downs to salt away a win. McBride didn’t help our cause by dropping 2 passes either.
I wasn’t assigning blame. Just stating you have to move the ball. A lousy couple of first downs and we win. I agree we play chickenshit when backed up in our own end. Kliff creates the very disaster he is trying to avoid.

Reaction score
my weekly reminder:

I am certain that there is something wrong with Kyler's arm -- something that impacts his deep throws

He had Hollywood open deep down the right side twice:

the first one, Kyler had a clean pocket and threw a ball that landed 5 yards out of bounds. This was a throw that is hard to imagine a pro QB making.

the second was a throw to the goal line that also landed out of bound and short.

A QB doesnt go from one of the best deep ball passers for his whole life to being terrible without something happening
+1

I was saying the same thing to a buddy of mine a few weeks ago. He's been extremely inaccurate on deep balls this year. He used to be money throwing deep.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You answered my questions perfectly. The D allowed them to move over 30 yards on each drive before we stopped them. That put their punter in a position to keep us inside our OWN 10 on all 3 drives. How about a 3 and out & keep them under 10 yards on any of those drives & our offense doesn’t have to start on the 6??? Doesn’t excuse the pathetic play calling by Kliff, but the D seldom does their job when the game is on the line. We’re an awful team because we don’t play complimentary football.

They did. I literally said on the 2nd drive they had 3 and out for -3 yards.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They did. I literally said on the 2nd drive they had 3 and out for -3 yards.
Yes, that was the series that Collins dropped the pick. And that would have pretty much clinched the win. LAC punted to our 25. That was our best field position of the 4th quarter. We then proceeded to run up the middle AGAIN on 1st down for 1 yard. Murray hit Hop for a gain of 4 & then McBride dropped the pass that would have given us a 1st down. McBride hurt us a ton on Sunday. He had the missed block on 3rd & 1, which prompted Kliff to go 4th & 1 from our own 35. He had a dropped 5 yard pass in the 4th quarter inside our 10 that would have left us a manageable 3rd down play. And then the dropped pass on the next series for the 1st down that probably cost us the game.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
+1

I was saying the same thing to a buddy of mine a few weeks ago. He's been extremely inaccurate on deep balls this year. He used to be money throwing deep.
I personally think he’s gotten too muscular. And that’s easily fixed during the offseason. I was a tremendous outside shooter back in HS. When I went off to college, I started lifting weights heavily. And I lost my shot completely. And I remember losing distance throwing a football also. I changed my routine to flatten out my biceps & my past abilities returned. Being too muscular also screwed up my golf swing too. Luckily, it can all be fixed. I thought at the start of this season that he had gotten too thick. And the lower thickness will affect the hamstrings.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oof. Whether you think this is true or not this is becoming a widely held view across the league. If nothing else he has an image problem.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Off. Whether you think this is true or not this is becoming a widely held view across the league. If nothing else he has an image problem.

Kids gotta speak up being no exec in the building seems to have the balls to… or waste your career with Kliffy

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
While there is plenty of reason for finger pointing all around this organization, a leader also squarely points to himself much of the time.
I’ve heard him several times say “it’s on me” in interviews… and no I am not going to waste my night going through his interviews to post for you, I’ll leave that up to you.

It’s a really bad situation.. if he takes ownership for dumb #*%€ Kliff moves I feel it would only validate whatever Kliffy is telling Bidwill in their Monday film situation - Kyler is literally in a no win situation, so rather than lie about the situation to look like a leader I’d rather him be vocal than attach his career to this incompetence that’s been called coaching the past 3 1/2 years.

Last edited:

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’ve heard him several times say “it’s in me” in interviews… and no I am not going to waste my night going through his interviews to post for you, I’ll leave that up to you.

It’s a really bad situation.. if he takes ownership for dumb #*%€ Kliff moves I feel it would only validate whatever Kliffy is telling Bidwill in their Monday film situation - Kyler is literally in a no win situation, so rather than lie about the situation to look like a leader I’d rather him be vocal than attach his career to this incompetence that’s been called coaching the past 3 1/2 years.
Will you create a pie chart for us, each section being who is more responsible for our bad offense? I imagine your Kliff piece is obnoxiously big, and your Kyler piece is unreasonably small.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Will you create a pie chart for us, each section being who is more responsible for our bad offense? I imagine your Kliff piece is obnoxiously big, and your Kyler piece is unreasonably small.
And I’d imagine your football IQ is pretty low if it isn’t that way based on all the evidence.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And I’d imagine your football IQ is pretty low if it isn’t that way based on all the evidence.
Guess you and maybe 2 other people on this board are light years ahead in football IQ, the the hundred or so others here are dumb. We are lucky to have you.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Guess you and maybe 2 other people on this board are light years ahead in football IQ, the the hundred or so others here are dumb. We are lucky to have you.
Completely confused who you are grouping yourself with the vast majority of opinions on ? Brit?

But either way, you’re welcome, bless your little heart.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anyone with half a brain that can see Kyler has regressed and is part of the problem on offense.
He’s regressed and part of the problem.. no one debated that. The debates part was literally everyone sees Kliffs incompetence and Kliffys incompetence also bleeds strongly into Kylers regression, but your football IQ apparently felt else-wise based on your posts here.

Get back in your locker

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He’s regressed and part of the problem.. no one debated that. The debates part was literally everyone sees Kliffs incompetence and Kliffys incompetence z also bleeds strongly into Kylers regression, but your football IQ apparently felt else-wise based on your posts here.

Get back in your locker
It’s funny you keep spouting off about football IQ when you have such a myopic though process. “kYlER bAd oNlY bECAuSe kLiFf”.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Emmanuel Acho?!? The same Emmanuel Acho who is desperately trying to be a modern day "shock jock" on Fox Sports? Kyler obviously isn't the most beloved QB in the league, but Acho's takes are about as legit as the comments in a Barstool Sports Twitter post.

https://sports.yahoo.com/chargers-respond-emmanuel-acho-calling-003056545.html

https://deadspin.com/emmanuel-acho-is-turning-into-the-black-will-cain-1847320554

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...h-parsons-fires-back-at-acho-odd-tv-criticism

https://sports.yahoo.com/ex-eagle-emmanuel-achos-jalen-144027728.html

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Emmanuel Acho?!? The same Emmanuel Acho who is desperately trying to be a modern day "shock jock" on Fox Sports? Kyler obviously isn't the most beloved QB in the league, but Acho's takes are about as legit as the comments in a Barstool Sports Twitter post.

https://sports.yahoo.com/chargers-respond-emmanuel-acho-calling-003056545.html

https://deadspin.com/emmanuel-acho-is-turning-into-the-black-will-cain-1847320554

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...h-parsons-fires-back-at-acho-odd-tv-criticism

https://sports.yahoo.com/ex-eagle-emmanuel-achos-jalen-144027728.html
He also called Justin Herbert a “social media QB”.

He’s basically black Skip Bayless.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s funny you keep spouting off about football IQ when you have such a myopic though process. “kYlER bAd oNlY bECAuSe kLiFf”.
Wow you’re lame.. avoid what 99.9% of what everyone sees in Kliffy being awful to throw some shade on Kyler at all costs in the pathetic hopes one of your Kyler hater groupies cheers you on. I’m sure one will soon, and you will be able to rest at night to a box of Kleenex not for tears.

Again - Kyler’s sucked compared to last year, but until otherwise proven I believe a lot has to deal w the cards he has been dealt from specifically a coach who never succeeded in college let alone the NFL.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose