Cards v Chargers Post Game

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We are going to disagree on this other than Kliff should have never gone for it.
Fine by me. I have a long history this season of hammering KM, so I'm good to stick up for him when I feel he wasn't at fault for the play. The comments about it suck, but the play was a bunch of crap KM didn't create.

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
First up. Fire Kliff.

He deserves to be fired just for the turtling at the end of the game. 3 drives of 3 and out when up 7. Scared to throw the ball. We deserved to get beat.

Second. I hate this from Kyler.

"Oh yeah that pass I underthrew by 4 yards wasn't even supposed to go to Hop. We were schematically ****** on that play. Not my fault"

If only the QB could read a defense and call audibles at the line. Or use one of the 3 time outs that we have because he doesn't like what he sees.

There's no deep safety and you have Hopkins and Brown in single coverage and you cant audible a 1st down out of that? Get out of here with your excuses. Kliff can only call the play, it's the QB's job to assess if he has the right look.

Mike sucks. Keim sucks. Kliff sucks. Kyler sucks.

Oh and look at the first comment on this tweet to see what the wider NFL fan base thinks of Kyler. Actually all the comments.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I'll go on record again saying, I think Kyler has been told to run the play (s) given to him only....no audibles. I think this is the biggest issue with him and Kliff not being on the same page, a majority of the time. They are not seeing the same things and Murray is frustrated. I also think that's why Kliff had him call plays during preseason, as kind of a prove it moment.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's not forget that, as usual, the D really didn't do us any favors down the stretch of this game either. Even though we still had the lead, on 3 straight drives in the 4th quarter, our offense started at the 6, 6, and 10 yard lines. And that was because our D allowed the Chargers to get to near midfield on all 3 series, which then created a situation where LAC punted all 3 times inside the 10. Yes, KK was his usual wimp & was predictable with Conner running directly into the teeth (up the middle) of their D on 1st down, even though we had great success running wide off tackle all day. Our D is awful at flipping field position & Kliff's play calling when we're backed up inside our 10 is atrocious.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You don't mention it if you aren't trying to lay blame elsewhere and that's exactly how it's being taken on social media.

If it wasn't there then it's on him to change the play or call TO.
But you put the (Not my fault) in quotes which is in fact making things up.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This loss was all on KK, not on Kyler. And I've been one of the biggest Kyler critics all year.
Stout, you know what's crazy? I actually thought of you during the game, and said to myself. "even Stout can't be mad at dude today!" LOL. You couldn't be more right that it was the coach that cost us. It usually is, but yesterday was a real gem in the collection of Kliff Kingsbury.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm so glad we have a body language reader back on the board! That's awesome! (j/k with you Britcard)

You really don't have to be a body language expert. Every time I see hom with Kyler he's popping a vein and shaking his head. When Colt played he's like a cheerleader.

Be interesting to see on Hard Knocks this week how he is on the sidelines after watching him love it up with Colt the last 2 weeks.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think "schematically *******" is a post-mortem comment. All the problems happened after the snap. I don't see how Kyler could possibly know Maxx would fall down, McBride would screw up, JC would get jammed...These were all post-snap problems, not "can be sniffed out" problems.

But hey, continue getting your hate on.

Those aren't schematic problems though are they? Surely he would just say "We didn't execute it well" or "Their defense played it well". Or something like that?

"Schematically ******" seems like he's commenting on the play design/call.

And please dude. You've been getting your hate on for weeks. Don't act like I'm not doing anything you haven't done just because you don't agree with this specific point.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll go on record again saying, I think Kyler has been told to run the play (s) given to him only....no audibles. I think this is the biggest issue with him and Kliff not being on the same page, a majority of the time. They are not seeing the same things and Murray is frustrated. I also think that's why Kliff had him call plays during preseason, as kind of a prove it moment.

We've seen him audible. He's done it at least a couple of times in the last few games he's played where he has audibled from pass to run.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
my weekly reminder:

I am certain that there is something wrong with Kyler's arm -- something that impacts his deep throws

He had Hollywood open deep down the right side twice:

the first one, Kyler had a clean pocket and threw a ball that landed 5 yards out of bounds. This was a throw that is hard to imagine a pro QB making.

the second was a throw to the goal line that also landed out of bound and short.

A QB doesnt go from one of the best deep ball passers for his whole life to being terrible without something happening

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's not forget that, as usual, the D really didn't do us any favors down the stretch of this game either. Even though we still had the lead, on 3 straight drives in the 4th quarter, our offense started at the 6, 6, and 10 yard lines. And that was because our D allowed the Chargers to get to near midfield on all 3 series, which then created a situation where LAC punted all 3 times inside the 10. Yes, KK was his usual wimp & was predictable with Conner running directly into the teeth (up the middle) of their D on 1st down, even though we had great success running wide off tackle all day. Our D is awful at flipping field position & Kliff's play calling when we're backed up inside our 10 is atrocious.

Really? Your bashing the D for shutting them out but not short enough?

The longest the Chargers got on those 3 drives was 30 yards.

On the 1st they started on the 25 and got 27 yards before punting. 23 of those were a Herbert scramble. 4 and out.

On the 2nd they started on the 39 and lost 3 yards before punting. 3 and out.

And on the 3rd they started on their 22, got down to our 35 and got pushed back to our 48 before punting on an 8 play drive.

On the following 3 offensive drives they had 9 plays for a total of 16 yards.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But you put the (Not my fault) in quotes which is in fact making things up.

That's how it sounds. That's how it was taken. You only have to read the responses on that tweet to see that.

No matter the call, no matter what should have happened does he bear no responsibility for the really badly under thrown pass? It was there. Nuk was past his guy. His you are past with no deep cover you are open.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
my weekly reminder:

I am certain that there is something wrong with Kyler's arm -- something that impacts his deep throws

the first one, Kyler had a clean pocket and threw a ball that landed 5 yards out of bounds. This was a throw that is hard to imagine a pro QB making.

the second was a throw to the goal line that also landed out of bound and short.

A QB doesnt go from one of the best deep ball passers for his whole life to being terrible without something happening
Noticed the same. Throw to Brown was pointed out by the announcers as well. Thought we had one there initially.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Those aren't schematic problems though are they? Surely he would just say "We didn't execute it well" or "Their defense played it well". Or something like that?

"Schematically ******" seems like he's commenting on the play design/call.

And please dude. You've been getting your hate on for weeks. Don't act like I'm not doing anything you haven't done just because you don't agree with this specific point.
Oh, I have crushed KM for his play this season, and lack of leadership and prep, as I feel he's deserved it. You're just way on another level right now.

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
We've seen him audible. He's done it at least a couple of times in the last few games he's played where he has audibled from pass to run.
But it's nothing further than picking from the run or pass options he's given by Kliff in the helmet. When he actually looks at the defense at the LOS he can't just go, wow neither option Kliff gave me is going to work, lets go to plan B. It usually ends up in a garbage throw, a stuffed run or him trying to go off-script after the snap of the ball. I don't think it's a knock on his intelligence, either. It's a system and control issue in the coaching. It's happened to other QB's, too. Even Rodgers had to stay in the confines of what Mike McCarthy called for him and that's what ultimately lead to their divorce...Aaron just couldn't take it any longer.

Sometimes it works, when you have the athletes to do it...Jimmy Johnson controlled every aspect of what Aikman called, but the Cowboys were stacked with superior athletes and could dictate the offense. Belichick did the same to Brady until much later in his career.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
That’s wild.. obviously something is wrong with RW3. I will say though if you have watched the Broncos, their Oline, NYGs and AZs are the worse in the league by far.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think "schematically *******" is a post-mortem comment. All the problems happened after the snap. I don't see how Kyler could possibly know Maxx would fall down, McBride would screw up, JC would get jammed...These were all post-snap problems, not "can be sniffed out" problems.

But hey, continue getting your hate on.
So not a bad play call then as it should have worked if everyone did their job and executed, which means the biggest blame should be put on Keim for not being able to get the good enough players to execute the play.

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
There might not be a bigger Murray detractor on this board, than me... And while I believe a #1 overall pick, one that has enjoyed so much success prior to the NFL, one that has shown incredible physical skills - including "arm talent," in the NFL, should've locked down this W (those last 3 drives were beyond pathetic), there is no way to hang this loss on him. It's Kliff, period.
The defense played well enough to produce a win. All the offense had to do was put together a few first downs in those final 3 drives, and the W is there. They didn't even need to score...just use up clock. But they didn't. In part, due to Kliff's continued amateur play-calling...and yes, in part to Kyler simply not being able to find a way...

But Kliff's ridiculous 4th and 1 "going for it" when on our side of the field... and, and, and...
And the fact that the offense never places the QB under center, essentially removing play-action from our weaponry... frustrates me to the point where I simply have no more words...

So, as I have been saying for the past 2 years now... nothing will change until Kliffy is no longer a part of this franchise. Yes, I'd love to see Mike B sell the team... and Yes, I'd love to see Keim gone as well! But that ain't happening.. So, Kliffy needs to be sent packing...post haste!

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
my weekly reminder:

Carpal tunnel and sore arm from pressing forward button in film study and fire button in playing call of duty?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson