Cards trading for Zach Ertz

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a higher profile TE that the Cards have ever had, since the move to AZ? This could actually be huge for a few years.

Novocek and Awalt went on to bigger things after they left.
Seriously. Pope? Nicklas? Housler? Gresham? Fells? Arnold? DC Jefferson?
And remember Butch Rolle?

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After the TNF game I'm really looking forward to see Ertz play, he looked like 90% of what he was. If he gets better like Green we will see much of him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I get what you're saying but our division rivals have given up a total of 6 first round picks as well as other compensation in their trades and yet we are leading the division.

The Seahawks, 49ers and Rams will still be paying for it going forward. By comparison what we've given away has been minor.

I guess you could say they've failed at the draft worse than we have. I think from a draft perspective we are in a way better position. You have to take that into perspective.
That Jamal Adams trade looks pretty bad, and if you consider most of the trades the Seahawks have made, I'd be real annoyed any time the trade a 1st rounder if I was a Seahawks fan. Lots of bad trades and the talent they missed definitely hurt them in the long run.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That Jamal Adams trade looks pretty bad, and if you consider most of the trades the Seahawks have made, I'd be real annoyed any time the trade a 1st rounder if I was a Seahawks fan. Lots of bad trades and the talent they missed definitely hurt them in the long run.
Exactly, other than the beastmode trade their playoff teams were primarily built on outstanding drafts.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still keep forgetting about this move then I remember we get to watch Ertz in Red on Sunday. Going to be fun adding him to this offense.

In another thread someone posted a video off youtube of every target for him this year. I count at least 3 times he's open for a TD and Hurts misses him or makes a bad throw that stops him from scoring.

He could really be valuable for us in that regard.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ertz will have fun, he will be in an offense that will get him looks and a qb that can throw him the ball accurately.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Anyone know the last time we had a TE with Ertz level talent? Like Jackie Smith then who?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
excited about this...few weeks and he should be acclimated to the offense...

about how long ya think we are gonna have him?? Long enough to buy a jersey?
do we get 5 years of zach ertz?

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
excited about this...few weeks and he should be acclimated to the offense...

about how long ya think we are gonna have him?? Long enough to buy a jersey?
do we get 5 years of zach ertz?
I think we sign in to a 2-3 year contract. Maybe during season, but probably off season.

Maybe one contract after that, or another team.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Zach Ertz glad he joined up with Cardinals in Cleveland to jump start learning process

Arizona Cardinals tight end Zach Ertz could have taken a few days to get his personal situation in order after being traded by the Philadelphia Eagles last week.

Ertz had played in the Eagles’ Thursday night game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers before being dealt to the Cardinals last Friday. Being ineligible to play Sunday in Cleveland anyway, Ertz could have just waited for the team to return from their victory over the Browns to start getting up to speed with his new team. Instead, Ertz joined up with the team in Cleveland to get a jump start on learning his new teammates and playbook.

I was exhausted but it was so worth it,” Ertz said, via Darren Urban of the team’s website. “I felt the energy, and you feel the leadership on this team.”

Ertz is joining a Cardinals team that remains as the league’s only unbeaten team through the first six weeks of the season. He will help Arizona replace Maxx Williams, who was lost for the season to a right knee injuries sustained two weeks ago against the San Francisco 49ers.

Ertz said on Wednesday that he had no assignment errors in his first practice with the Cardinals. That’s a good sign that he’s on pace to be ready to make his debut with the team this Sunday against the Houston Texans.

“One thing a lot of great players are able to do is compartmentalize things, and you have to as an NFL player,” Ertz said. “All my focus right now is learning this playbook, meeting the guys and being the best tight end I can be.
“It’s full speed ahead against the Texans on Sunday. I’m excited to be a Cardinal.”

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This guy wants to win!
Was watching a video showing all his targets this year with Philly and the shear amount of off target throws from Hurts was hard to watch.

He probably sees the opportunity he has playing with a QB like Kyler and wants to take full advantage of it. Of course it only helps Kyler as well as he will have 1 more reliable weapon at his disposal.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Zach Ertz glad he joined up with Cardinals in Cleveland to jump start learning process

Arizona Cardinals tight end Zach Ertz could have taken a few days to get his personal situation in order after being traded by the Philadelphia Eagles last week.

Ertz had played in the Eagles’ Thursday night game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers before being dealt to the Cardinals last Friday. Being ineligible to play Sunday in Cleveland anyway, Ertz could have just waited for the team to return from their victory over the Browns to start getting up to speed with his new team. Instead, Ertz joined up with the team in Cleveland to get a jump start on learning his new teammates and playbook.

I was exhausted but it was so worth it,” Ertz said, via Darren Urban of the team’s website. “I felt the energy, and you feel the leadership on this team.”

Ertz is joining a Cardinals team that remains as the league’s only unbeaten team through the first six weeks of the season. He will help Arizona replace Maxx Williams, who was lost for the season to a right knee injuries sustained two weeks ago against the San Francisco 49ers.

Ertz said on Wednesday that he had no assignment errors in his first practice with the Cardinals. That’s a good sign that he’s on pace to be ready to make his debut with the team this Sunday against the Houston Texans.

“One thing a lot of great players are able to do is compartmentalize things, and you have to as an NFL player,” Ertz said. “All my focus right now is learning this playbook, meeting the guys and being the best tight end I can be.
“It’s full speed ahead against the Texans on Sunday. I’m excited to be a Cardinal.”
But he was apparently wearing an Eagles bracelet sooo...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
looks like Keim restructured Jordan Phillips contract to accommodate the Ertz deal. Kicks 6.5 mil down the road by adding two voidable years. Cap hit next year is 13.3 mil with 9.2 in dead cap if we cut him. Automatic 5.9 mil in dead cap in 2023.

Keim needs to get an extension done for Ertz.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
looks like Keim restructured Jordan Phillips contract to accommodate the Ertz deal. Kicks 6.5 mil down the road by adding two voidable years. Cap hit next year is 13.3 mil with 9.2 in dead cap if we cut him. Automatic 5.9 mil in dead cap in 2023.

The can, it must be kicked.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I think the extension for him is the plan, just don't know if he works also on an extansion for CJ, would help probably

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morning show guys talking to a Philly guy about Ertz. Said even early on his nickname was “No YAC Zach.” He will make amazing catches but don’t expect him to fight for extra yardage.
Way to quickly shed a nickname. LOL

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media