Cards Trade Request Will Be Met

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Vikings need a starting QB, and have two quality WRs. Seems like if they Vikings want a QB in the draft, we should hold out for Jefferson.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would go with the Vikings deal, but I really want to somehow still get Odunze.

There is a lot of other receivers that look good but I am just not going to feel good about our haul without getting one of the top 3.

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
If Harrison is the best player in this draft as some are saying and he is a potential generational player, I think you have to take him at 4. Remember that most analysts were saying before the last season that the Cards would be drafting first and second this year. How’d that work out? Houston’s pick ended up being in the mid 20s, not No. 2. That could happen again. And again. I just can’t wrap my head around moving away from a potentially great player, only to swap around a bunch of time to take lesser players.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I would go with the Vikings deal, but I really want to somehow still get Odunze.

There is a lot of other receivers that look good but I am just not going to feel good about our haul without getting one of the top 3.
You also get a third round pick from Minnesota. With FOUR third round picks Monti should have plenty of ammo to trade back up for Odunze.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Three firsts plus is very hard to resist as much as I love MHJ.

Louis Riddick was highly praising McCarthy on ESPN this morning. If New England picks a different qb and McCarthy falls to#4 the Cardinals are going to get a haul from Minnesota or Denver. Hope Monti trades back up like he did last year.
Man, McCarthy just has bust written all over him.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's only 3, though. The other is a swap.
Yeah that is not how it works.

It's 3 for 1. No one has ever given up 4 first rounders before.

In the classic Trey Lance draft Trade:

49ers got Dolphins 2021 1st

Dolphins got 49ers 2021 1st, 2022 1st and 2023 1st plus a 2022 3rd rounder

gmartin

Reaction score
If Harrison is the best player in this draft as some are saying and he is a potential generational player, I think you have to take him at 4. Remember that most analysts were saying before the last season that the Cards would be drafting first and second this year. How’d that work out? Houston’s pick ended up being in the mid 20s, not No. 2. That could happen again. And again. I just can’t wrap my head around moving away from a potentially great player, only to swap around a bunch of time to take lesser players.
Agree, don't want to count on any team having a high pick the next two yrs, rather have 2cnd or 3rd round this year.
Don't like Monti playing to many draft games and losing out on top three receivers

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
IMO, that needs to be both 1s in 2024, 2025 1st and 2026 1st. You can't really count one of the 2023 1s, to me...that's a pick swap, not a net positive of 3 1sts.
No one is reporting a net positive 3. They are reporting 3 for 1. That’s what is meant when people are saying they are “offering 3 first round picks.”

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Rumor has it... the minnesota Vikings offered Justin Jefferson a contract that would make him one of the two highest paid players in the NFL...note,...not non QB, but highest paid players... but despite the huge financial windfall...apparently Justin Jefferson turned them down.
same rumor mill says he is elbow deep in the vikes QB decision making process....seems if they dont get the right guy Jefferson may want out.
with that kind of pressure it might make him a not zero asset in a trade up.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You also get a third round pick from Minnesota. With FOUR third round picks Monti should have plenty of ammo to trade back up for Odunze.
Should but he has to drop to a pick who is willing to deal. There’s no guarantee of an avenue to trade down and back up. Just because it worked-ish last season doesn’t mean it will again.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
It's not happening. The signs are obvious and you are in denial.
Unfortunately agree. All the Cardinals affiliated media have been softening up the fan base to this reality over the last month.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So it's written in stone that Giants taking JJ McCarthy @ 6 if available over additional draft picks to trade down?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because they want to see who falls to #4 first. If you only like 2 of the 3 QBs who are not named Williams, you don't want to be stuck there at #4 with a QB you don't totally believe in.
I can’t imagine them acquiring two 1st rounders just to be hesitant on drafting either of them.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That depends if the Chargers really want to move back. I honestly don't believe they're going to let their promising young franchise QB throw to an absolute trash receiving corps and just run the ball with Gus Edwards.
Don’t forget that you’re talking about Jim Harbaugh. He has already emphatically stated that he wants the Chargers to be the nastiest, meanest team in the NFL. I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t take an OL to protect the very QB who has been injured in each of the last 2 seasons. I think Harbaugh wants to do what the Cardinals did last year. He’ll maximize his draft picks and use 2024 as a year to evaluate what he has on his roster.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Don’t forget that you’re talking about Jim Harbaugh. He has already emphatically stated that he wants the Chargers to be the nastiest, meanest team in the NFL. I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t take an OL to protect the very QB who has been injured in each of the last 2 seasons. I think Harbaugh wants to do what the Cardinals did last year. He’ll maximize his draft picks and use 2024 as a year to evaluate what he has on his roster.
I do get where you're coming from, but Harbaugh actually hasn't drafted an OL in the first before.

It seems like coachspeak/a smokescreen to me. I know these conversations are had ahead of time, but if we move back and try to move forward, I could see us being caught flat footed.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn