Cards To Pursue Albert From Chiefs & Manziel?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Roberts will make a good number 2 WR for a few teams in need of one. I always liked him. Can't remember anything negative happening in relation to him.

freebyrd

Reaction score
Yea, Roberts is a goner. I bet this team drafts a speed demon WR at some point of this draft.

i thought that was britton goldens job? lol......ran down by a linebacker?! :p and as far as karlos goes
i have my doubts that dansby comes back, he left last time for big money why wouldn't he do the same this go round?
he will garner a lot more interest this year than he did last year based on his pretty amazing season

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
Lol: overpay for Albert when they could've had him in a trade for value.

He was on a one year deal. Needs a contract after 2013 no matter what. You think by trading for him we somehow get to extend his deal at a bargain price? Or you just plain don't know?

Basically, if we end up with him, we get to keep what it would have cost us - our second round pick (which we turned into a second and a fourth - Minter and Watford). While the jury is out on those two players, if we get to keep them at the value of losing Albert for just this year, it will be a good move in my opinion.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Additionally, if this team drafts Johnny Football I may break every TV within a 12 mile radius of my house.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I must say , it seems very early for any team to send out their Bagdad Bob misinformation minister !!!!!!

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Albert for precious draft compensation or signing him as a FA and just money???? Hmm tough one there.

And theres smoke on the Manziel fire. I know for a fact Kiem and the FO went and saw two of his games this year. And if they drafted Honey Badger, they would be okay drafting Manziel.

Saying that not sure how I feel about it. Im sure ill warm up as I do more tape watching.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
i thought that was britton goldens job? lol......ran down by a linebacker?! :p and as far as karlos goes
i have my doubts that dansby comes back, he left last time for big money why wouldn't he do the same this go round?
he will garner a lot more interest this year than he did last year based on his pretty amazing season

Probably because he won't be offered big money at his age and at this stage in the new CBA created free agent market.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Albert for precious draft compensation or signing him as a FA and just money???? Hmm tough one there.

am I missing something here? Does KC not have the franchise tag? do we think they're just going to let a very good LT go for nothing? I guess that could happen. Miami did it with Jake Long, but is it well known that Albert is going to be an UFA? They tagged him last year and tried to trade him. Why do we think they'd do any different this year?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
am I missing something here? Does KC not have the franchise tag? do we think they're just going to let a very good LT go for nothing? I guess that could happen. Miami did it with Jake Long, but is it well known that Albert is going to be an UFA? They tagged him last year and tried to trade him. Why do we think they'd do any different this year?

2nd year under the franchise tag is 120% of the previous year's number, IIRC. That's $11.76M for one year of a left tackle. That's a pretty hefty price tag, even if you've been disappointed with the play of your #1 overall pick at the position.

I think that we'll make a run at Anthony Collins(?), the 3rd T for the Bengals who has earned himself a lot of money, but not $18M guaranteed, this season.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Good, then u won't have to watch him hoist the Lombardi when we win the Super Bowl :D

I'm a Longhorn, I hate everything A&M. I can't stand Manziel's character from afar as a fan of the game...BUT, his teammates luv the guy, he has talent and if you think he cannot read a defense your fooling yourself in my opinion, he can throw on the run dead accurate and he can throw from the pocket, lastly he is a winner that will drive the losing side fans nuts with hate. I would be really happy with Manziel :)

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Additionally, if this team drafts Johnny Football I may break every TV within a 12 mile radius of my house.
On the one hand, I could see an NFC West team trying to match fire with fire considering the success of SF and SEA. On the other hand, I don't see him as much of a fit for Arians.

On some other hand, I haven't watched him play much but I know he's very polarizing and for whatever reason, he's not on my "like" list. I guess I don't like guys with personality issues nor do I like QB's who's passing depends a lot on their threat of running.

Lastly, I'm glad my tv is nowhere near you.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
He was on a one year deal. Needs a contract after 2013 no matter what. You think by trading for him we somehow get to extend his deal at a bargain price? Or you just plain don't know?

Basically, if we end up with him, we get to keep what it would have cost us - our second round pick (which we turned into a second and a fourth - Minter and Watford). While the jury is out on those two players, if we get to keep them at the value of losing Albert for just this year, it will be a good move in my opinion.

A lot of maybes in all of this, but you have to wonder if having Albert at LT all year would have netted us 2 more wins considering how big a weakness that position was all year. Rams game week 1 for sure would have been a different story with Albert. First Seahawks game where we got sacked 7 times? Probably a lot closer too. If Albert nets us 2 wins we'd of been fighting for home field through-out instead of getting eliminated from the playoffs. I'd say that was worth Minter and Watford.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Johnny Manziel all the way for me. Albert would be great for pass pro but he isn't the greatest run blocker. Still if we were to start the season with both of them on the roster I would be very happy. Plus having Cooper start next to Albert would give us a solid left side of the line. Even Kevin Kolb might stay healthy all year behind that line.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
. Even Kevin Kolb might stay healthy all year behind that line.

You're talking about a guy who gets concussed when a fly lands on his head. :D

In fact I'm not sure Ogden, Larry Allen, Mike Webster, Randall McDaniel & Dan Dierdorf would be up to that task. :p

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think that we'll make a run at Anthony Collins(?), the 3rd T for the Bengals who has earned himself a lot of money, but not $18M guaranteed, this season.

He's not the #3T anymore and the Bengals will likely keep him. They've credited much of their late season success to inserting him into the starting unit at LT and moving Whitworth to LG.

I'd like him but doubt he's going anywhere.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He's not the #3T anymore and the Bengals will likely keep him. They've credited much of their late season success to inserting him into the starting unit at LT and moving Whitworth to LG.

I'd like him but doubt he's going anywhere.

I know you've said this before, but is that your opinion, or do you have something to substantiate that? My understanding is that Whitworth was moved in to guard because they had problems with the guard position.

Checking out the Bengals' cap situation along the OL next year, I suppose that they can afford to extend Collins. Whether they will is another question.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can we overpay for an LT? Dansby, PP and Roberts will likely get new deals and 7-8 draft picks will take up the rest of the cap room...
I believe Patrick Peterson already got his new deal in place. Met his father, who was selling his quad motorcycle and jet skis, per the restrictions in his new contract. Keep this info secret.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score

Umm yes certainly they are going to let him test FA or at best try to lock him up to a team friendly deal prior to hitting FA. I highly highly doubt they will give him the franchise Tag being they gave it to him last year and just spent the first overall pick on a LT. They will move the rook to the left and do what every other team does. Get a good not great RT for the right money.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
2nd year under the franchise tag is 120% of the previous year's number, IIRC. That's $11.76M for one year of a left tackle. That's a pretty hefty price tag, even if you've been disappointed with the play of your #1 overall pick at the position.

Also this.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard