Cards sign another TE

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had a few good spot starts while w the Texans when Deshaun was QB.. seems to be another Ricky Seals Jones type. Flashes but no real substance
So the perfect Keim-time signing

Only thing that would have topped it is if he went to some small D3 Pennsylvania school.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not a real prospect. The only year he was targeted more than 20 times he caught less than 50% of the targets. He’s too small to be an impact blockers. Camp body!
Well yeah in 2017 he was targeted 52 times with a 48.1% catch rate, but last year he was targeted 19 times with an 87% catch rate. Perhaps he's improved? I don't expect an impact player, but to the untrained eye he seems to be better than Darrell Daniels.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ertz and his wife are expecting a child so we need another TE to fill in while he misses a game for the birth. ;)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Well yeah in 2017 he was targeted 52 times with a 48.1% catch rate, but last year he was targeted 19 times with an 87% catch rate. Perhaps he's improved? I don't expect an impact player, but to the untrained eye he seems to be better than Darrell Daniels.
I would wager Daniels is a much better blocker than Anderson. We are all guilty of it, I am guilty of it, because in this pass happy league we tend forget a TE's job is twofold, meaning can he block and just judged for his ability to catch. I think Daniels is a slightly above average blocker and a slightly below average receiver... it if would not be for his constant penalties, he would be an average pro TE while a guy like Maxx Williams when healthy is a good TE who can do it all

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Also possible he dropped enough balls in practice he was only thrown to when wide open.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Also possible he dropped enough balls in practice he was only thrown to when wide open.
I don't know about that as far as in game success. Yeah, a QB might have trust issues to an extent but that goes out the window when you have a few seconds to find a target regardless of the degree of being open, and big defensive guys are about to take you out while looking for your safety valve which often falls on the TE

Last edited:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I suspect that ex-teammates J.J. Watt and Dhop gave positive recommendations and that played a role in the signing. I don't have any illusions about this being anything more than a depth signing, but at least his ex- teammates apparently thought enough of him to give a green light.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Stephen Anderson contract details​

Anderson’s one-year deal is worth a total of just less than $1.19 million.

He gets $20,495 as a signing bonus. He will earn the league’s minimum salary for his experience at $1.035 million and a per-game active roster bonus of up to $132,005, or $7,765 per game he is active.

The deal is structured like a contract for a player expected to be on the roster but isn’t guaranteed to be there.

Salary cap implications​

Anderson’s contract qualifies for the veteran benefit, so the Cardinals save a little money on the salary cap. While his contract should count up to almost $1.19 million against the cap, it will actually count a little less than $1.05 million. That is a savings of $140,000 for cap purposes, which is one way teams are given incentive for employing vested veteran players.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose