Jayden Daniels
JJ McCarthy
Marvin Harrison Jr
Malik Nabers
Rome Odunze
Dallas Turner
Quinyon Mitchell
Joe Alt
BPA- running to the podium for the other OT...or a CB. Likely too early for a DT.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think you read it wrong. The 2nd trade involved us moving from 12 back up to 8.
I'm commenting on one trade. It's not a bundle. One isn't guaranteed by the other. In the first trade, there is not only no tangible benefit this year, but significant payment going to the team with lower picks. That is beyond stupid to me.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Which tackle are you moving to guard?

I probably keep Paris at RT and have Fash start his career at LG before moving out.

I'm commenting on one trade. It's not a bundle. One isn't guaranteed by the other. In the first trade, there is not only no tangible benefit this year, but significant payment going to the team with lower picks. That is beyond stupid to me.

I don’t think you make the first deal unless you have the trade back up already in place.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I probably keep Paris at RT and have Fash start his career at LG before moving out.

I don’t think you make the first deal unless you have the trade back up already in place.
Who plays LT in this scenario? Has the play OT and OG and then move to OT scenario ever worked? (real question)

CT Card Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Lol, yeah.
I'm sure the receptionist has gotten good at "hold please" as soon she realizes the call is about the draft.
Thank you for calling the Arizona Cardinals.....To beg for no trade down, Press 1. To recommend a "Big John" for a draft pick, press 2. To say, Please God no more off-ball LB, press 3.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That is 20 years ago! jk jk
It’s fair. For so long the difference between OT and OG veteran deals was so great that you’d just slot in your top OT prospect on either edge. Maybe we start to see it more again if veteran guard contracts continue creeping up.

Stout

Reaction score

Clearly. But I don't think the two deals are in any way good enough, nor do they guarantee us the player of two that I want.

Stout

Reaction score
Thank you for calling the Arizona Cardinals.....To beg for no trade down, Press 1. To recommend a "Big John" for a draft pick, press 2. To say, Please God no more off-ball LB, press 3.
3, 3, 3!!! But also 2, but, damn, #1 as well, but I ain't begging. Aw, I'll just take the whole menu lol

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would love snagging Fashanu and sticking him at LG for a season or two. Man that would be a nasty physical OL!

Hate to use a 1st on a LG but you would have to make the pick knowing that he eventually becomes your RT.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I would love snagging Fashanu and sticking him at LG for a season or two. Man that would be a nasty physical OL!

Hate to use a 1st on a LG but you would have to make the pick knowing that he eventually becomes your RT.
Yeah. I have a lot of sympathy for @DVontel 's idea, but I think Olu is the only blue-chip player on the board in this scenario, and I think you take that chance. I also think Olu's ceiling his way higher than PJJ's (could be wrong), by I'd put him at LG with the plan to move him one spot to the left in a year or two. At the rate guard contracts are going up, even if he sticks at OG you might be in good shape.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here is a mock with trade that I would start to consider:

Trade terms:​

Minnesota trades up with Arizona

• Cardinals receive: No. 11 overall, No. 23 overall, 2025 first-round pick, No. 230 overall
  • Vikings receive: No. 4 overall, No. 104 overall

3 - 1st rounders is my starting point to move out of #4 overall.

NOTE: I not a fan of who he has the Cardinals picking.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to recommend we trade out of the first round entirely until people stop using the term big john.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who ya taking at #11 if the top-10 goes as such:

(in no order)
Caleb Williams
Drake Maye
Jayden Daniels
JJ McCarthy
Marvin Harrison Jr
Malik Nabers
Rome Odunze
Dallas Turner
Quinyon Mitchell
Joe Alt
I'm taking Monti out to the woodshed.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Press all buttons simultaneously for a “haul”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Here is a mock with trade that I would start to consider:

3 - 1st rounders is my starting point to move out of #4 overall.

NOTE: I not a fan of who he has the Cardinals picking.
Well that’s the danger of trading down. Who cares what the picks are if you don’t end up with players you like. We’re there others that went later at those picks that would make the trade awesome? If he’s, great. If no then it’s a bad trade no matter the compensation received.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I sure hope the Cards do not trade down with Vikings. I wouldn't trade down at #4 to ensure getting a great player. The Cards would trade down with Vikings and pick 3 busts. This team just can't figure the draft out right. They'll probably find a way to mess this draft up. Last year's draft wasn't that great with all the moving around; other than the fact that they have a chance to nail this this and next year's draft. Of course they have to draft well for that to happen. I was about done with this team last year and in general with the NFL. I'll stop following the Cards, supporting the Cards if they suck it up again. It's just a business to make money for the owner. Fans get screwed. Yeah keep drinkin the Kool aid...suckers

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I sure hope the Cards do not trade down with Vikings. I wouldn't trade down at #4 to ensure getting a great player. The Cards would trade down with Vikings and pick 3 busts. This team just can't figure the draft out right. They'll probably find a way to mess this draft up. Last year's draft wasn't that great with all the moving around; other than the fact that they have a chance to nail this this and next year's draft. Of course they have to draft well for that to happen. I was about done with this team last year and in general with the NFL. I'll stop following the Cards, supporting the Cards if they suck it up again. It's just a business to make money for the owner. Fans get screwed.
yeah .. Maria's Taco Shop down the street keep raising their prices. Then this past winter they remodeled the dining room to be totally gaudy..its ****** disgusting...I keep telling myself I wont go back. Too damned expensive in a city with 200 taco trucks..

but got damn I just love their carne asada tacos...so I go.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson