Cards release C Lamont Gaillard

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh snap we dont have cole or galliard? must be a police blotter thing incoming.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Find it odd. Seems something must of happened.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
How about....

Max Garcia can play centre and we just drafted one.
Galllard was a dependable center in the SEC, has the strength and looked promising at least to me when he did play and liked him a lot more than Cole. I was thinking he was not getting a chance because he couldn't make the line calls but something tells me... how about there is something about to come out lol

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Looks like Rodney Hudson and Max Garcia. My guess is that the gap between Garcia and Gaillard was not significant and Garcia can play guard as well while Gaillard cannot in their minds. Nice that they cut him early so he can get on somewhere else if possible.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted him to start until we got Hudson obviously. Something has to be coming up...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think that this means they view Garcia as a more valuable backup and probably like what they see from Menet as well.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think that this means they view Garcia as a more valuable backup and probably like what they see from Menet as well.
I doubt Menet has much to do with this decision. Gaillard didn't show enough to justify keeping a backup C who can't do anything.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I doubt Menet has much to do with this decision. Gaillard didn't show enough to justify keeping a backup C who can't do anything.
Probably so. Late round rookies rarely factor in.

I'd guess they got enough film on him that they probably think he'll never be a starter and has limited upside as a back up.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ok
For the coaching staff he couldn't beat Cole out
So even if we had the impression he was much stronger then Cole he was just bad

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our o-line coach did not agree. He basically bashed both Cole and Galliard as not good enough at the end of last season.

That you know of... Maybe there is a personality clash, maybe there are other off field issues.

Galliard definitely played better than Cole NOMHO. (not only my humble opinion)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Our o-line coach did not agree. He basically bashed both Cole and Galliard as not good enough at the end of last season.
Agreed. Offensive line development takes a lot especially at C. Some teams know what they are looking for and others don't.

Gaillard was a late round guy who never showed enough to convince the team he could be a starter and did not have the versatility to play other spots.

Cole had some versatility but never had the strength to hold up at POA. There were also reportedly issues with line calls (which are tough for fans to evaluate) and his snaps got inconsistent at times.

I know the board was mixed on both of these guys but facts are that they didn't show enough.