Cards Pick 4th

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bears have been building around Fields for a few years right? And they limp to a 7 - 10 record this season?

They're never going to win anything with him! They have to go QB while they have the high draft pick.
And he finished 5-3. I'm other sold on him, but I feel the Bears are going to give him 1 more year to see if he can take that next step. They've invested a lot and giving up and staring over could be worse. Drafting QBs arw a complete crap shoot, while we've seen slow, but steady progress with Fields

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
The Bears have been building around Fields for a few years right? And they limp to a 7 - 10 record this season?

They're never going to win anything with him! They have to go QB while they have the high draft pick.
With the right coaching he is a playoff QB. He was 2 games away this year with incompetence.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

They're never going to win anything with him! They have to go QB while they have the high dra

And he finished 5-3. I'm other sold on him, but I feel the Bears are going to give him 1 more year to see if he can take that next step. They've invested a lot and giving up and staring over could be worse. Drafting QBs arw a complete crap shoot, while we've seen slow, but steady progress with Fields
Little to no progress against GB. Current FO didn't draft Fields, but they did pass on CJ Stroud last year. Passing on another QBOF for Fields would be classic Bears.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

They didn’t do anything to help him through his first two seasons.

Every QB can’t be top 5. Fields can be good enough to win with.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Little to no progress against GB. Current FO didn't draft Fields, but they did pass on CJ Stroud last year. Passing on another QBOF for Fields would be classic Bears.
They were already eliminated when the game started because to the NO win. His numbers today were efficient, with 11 of 16 with no turnovers. His OL was awful today, too. 5 sacks and the running game had 3 yards a carry.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were already eliminated when the game started because to the NO win. His numbers today were efficient, with 11 of 16 with no turnovers. His OL was awful today, too. 5 sacks and the running game had 3 yards a carry.
lol

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
They didn’t do anything to help him through his first two seasons.

Every QB can’t be top 5. Fields can be good enough to win with.

His QB rating like a pedestrian 85.0 for this year. All those Q4 interceptions.

I mean, we talked on here about a team getting into a purgatory situation because of their QB. This looks like a really good spot for that to actually happen.

But, you guys watch more of other teams than I do. If you say he can get to idk, a Jalen Hurts level? great.

CHI could still trade down to seven or eight for a huge haul and get Nabers or Rome Odunze. If they stay with JF hopefully that's what they do.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Is it likely 1 will still be around at 21 with the Houston pick?
There is a huge group players projected to go around 18-25.
2nd tier WRs
2nd tier OTs (Mims, Fuaga, Barton, Fautunu)
2nd tier DLs (Verse, Chop Robinson, Trice)
Most of the 1st tier CBs (Lassiter, Wiggins, McKinstry, Dejean, Arnold)
At WR either Keon or Brian Thomas should be available.

If the isn't a WR, then that only means that better players at other positions will be available.

Of course this is VERY premature. The high level "locked" draft ranking are not completed until mid April.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
A couple thoughts.

Best chance for the Cardinals to get MHJ is the Bears trading Fields. I imagine that would need to happen before FA so it should not be a long wait.

Still not sure how I rank Alt, Fashanu, Nabers and Odunze. I do feel like the need is greater at WR than OT right now. Don't know how different they are in terms of grades. PJJ's future also impacts this IMO.

Think the Texans pick will come down to 4 positions. EDGE, DT (Newton), WR or OT. I don't know how much FA will impact this for a variety of reasons.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, go to Bears Reddit, Bears forum, or any other Bears fan page.

They are a lot lower on Fields than this thread is lol
And if the Cardinals listened to those same groups, we would have cut Kyler 5 weeks ago. Football is a business though and the Bears FO will be making a business decision just as much as a football decision. None of know what they'll do and most of us will be wrong about all of this. That's what makes the draft and off season so fun.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And if the Cardinals listened to those same groups, we would have cut Kyler 5 weeks ago. Football is a business though and the Bears FO will be making a business decision just as much as a football decision. None of know what they'll do and most of us will be wrong about all of this. That's what makes the draft and off season so fun.
I just don’t understand why are you guys higher than actual fans of said team. They have watched Bears’ football way more than anyone here has. They know about Fields way more than we do.

But overall, you are right.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s unlikely the Bears select MHJ with the first pick. It holds way too much value to not trade the pick if they are not picking a Qb.
However it is possible the pats or Commanders could trade up for the guy they really want. Hopefully, if the Bears trade down it’s not to either one of those two teams.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Either Chicago takes Caleb Williams or trades back past #5. That’s our only hope at Marvin. They’ve already announced Eberfluus is returning so it’s hard to imagine they don’t keep running with Fields.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I just don’t understand why are you guys higher than actual fans of said team. They have watched Bears’ football way more than anyone here has. They know about Fields way more than we do.

But overall, you are right.
Bears fans are some of the most myopic in the NFL with no small share of casual racism (tho no more or less than many NFL fan bases). The unknown is a huge draw because it feels like Mahomes and Lamar walked into situations and immediately turned their franchises into contenders.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If MHJ is a generational player why would he go 4th? Someone could trade out for a haul and another team could jump ahead and draft him if he is a can’t miss cornerstone player.
Because generational players get passed over for incredible need at the league's most important position.

Like, a team is probably passing on Justin Jefferson for Justin Herbert even knowing all we know now about their careers, all things being equal.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard