Cards need to trade Kyler to the Jets this offseason

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
Wilson would be a great tank commander for a 2024 #1 overall pick

I was just coming to correct myself.

Plug Wilson in as starter, build up the roster from the trenches out with all our picks, let it roll even with Klownsbury next year, ride the disasterf*ck that it would be, plug the top 2024 QB in for the 24 season with a new coach.

As I've said elsewhere, it's exactly what we could have done with Rosen by picking Bosa and waiting a year for Herbert.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
Obviously there are people here that understand the salary cap ramifications less than I do.

I understand zero about the cap. However, I'm sure the Jets have contacts they could leverage here too. Or maybe not because their GM isn't a complete moron. No idea. Enlighten us.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand zero about the cap. However, I'm sure the Jets have contacts they could leverage here too. Or maybe not because their GM isn't a complete moron. No idea. Enlighten us.
See my post “ Silly Hypothetical situation.” Krangodnzr explains it. In reality it can’t happen. We are stuck with Kyler for at least 2 years minimum.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

Plug Wilson in as starter, build up the roster from the trenches out with all our picks, let it roll even with Klownsbury next year, ride the disasterf*ck that it would be, plug the top 2024 QB in for the 24 season with a new coach.

As I've said elsewhere, it's exactly what we could have done with Rosen by picking Bosa and waiting a year for Herbert.
This is the basic strategy that I posted not long ago in another thread on trading Kyler. Use this year's picks to build the trenches, the team is still going to suck next year so tank it and pick up a QB in the 2024 draft. I still had Kyler on the team though so that we're a year into his boondoggle. If we could get value for him now and make the cap work (I don't think we can) then I'd be down for it.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Unless you said it before we selected KM (and have the evidence), IT DON'T COUNT!

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
Unless you said it before we selected KM (and have the evidence), IT DON'T COUNT!

Hey man. I'm very sorry I apparently hurt your feelings the other day about my desire for Bidwill to sell the team. I really hope you can recover emotionally and mentally. Anyway, happy holidays to you and yours.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am so beat down to the point where I am just going to say eff it.. heck lets hold open try outs or get players from the Rattlers.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
The “we should’ve drafted Bosa” bros seem to forget that we ended up with a top 10 pick after drafting Kyler and Keim screwed that up too. Thinking that Bluto would’ve nailed two picks in a row had he picked Bosa is laughable. Likely would’ve kept Rosen for another year like he did Isabella and still drafted Simmons while we floundered at 6-10.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Below is a good summary of Kyler’s contract. In short, it would be really good for us to move on after this season, but would require us convincing another team to pay a QB we want to give up on a year after a monster contract and coming off an ACL tear to pay him a guaranteed $75M the next two seasons. So all those picks you imagine coming back to us are probably picks we would need to send out to the other team to take on that albatross of a contract. Kyler might be the most untradeable player in the NFL right now.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We have Kyler for the next 2 years. That albatross of a contract makes him untradeable for at least that long. No team is trading for Murray this offseason with that contract and his injury.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They screwed up by extending Kyler and are now stuck with him for some time. SMH.
Definitely a panic move by the FO

After last seasons collapse it was evident that we needed more time to see who KM really is

And the team had that time and rushed into it

Along with the albatross contract extensions for KK and SK

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
After last season, there was no rush to extend Kyler, the coach and the GM. But all got their big deals. Don’t know whose idea that was, but, obviously, it was a bad one. With Kyler’s play last year and his antics during contract negotiations, I would have traded him. He probably had more value then than now as a hugely overpaid QB with a bad attitude and a serious injury. Now it looks like the team is stuck with him for a few years.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave