Cards need to trade Kyler to the Jets this offseason

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We signed someone from the Rattlers then.

Hmmm.
The only memorable player was Sherdrick Bonner who was on about 5 NFL rosters for a very short span before returning to the Rattlers and setting all sorts of Arena Football League records as their QB.

Of course, we also had Kurt Warner who played 3 seasons in the AFL with the Iowa Barnstormers, but he was never a Rattler.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The only memorable player was Sherdrick Bonner who was on about 5 NFL rosters for a very short span before returning to the Rattlers and setting all sorts of Arena Football League records as their QB.

Of course, we also had Kurt Warner who played 3 seasons in the AFL with the Iowa Barnstormers, but he was never a Rattler.
Did cards ever sign hunkie cooper?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We signed someone from the Rattlers then.

Hmmm.
Rattlers didn’t exist until 4 years after the Cardinals came to Arizona. Maybe you’re thinking of Rattlers legend Hunkie Cooper? Did he ever sign with the Cards?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How dare you besmirch the name Hunkie Cooper by not mentioning him amongst Rattler legends!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"Hey Joe. You know that undersized QB you have with the good arm that can't read defences,play on schedule or go through progressions?"

"Yeah that one. The cougar lover"

"Well would you like another one? This one gets paid a hell of a lot more but on the plus side he won't bang your mom. Yours for two 1st's"

"Joe? Joe?"

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
After last season, there was no rush to extend Kyler, the coach and the GM. But all got their big deals. Don’t know whose idea that was, but, obviously, it was a bad one. With Kyler’s play last year and his antics during contract negotiations, I would have traded him. He probably had more value then than now as a hugely overpaid QB with a bad attitude and a serious injury. Now it looks like the team is stuck with him for a few years.
Murray was definitely tradeable. His value was fairly good despite the weak finish. Several NFL pundits blamed that finish on Kingsbury. I think you might have gotten 2 firsts depending how highly placed they were.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How dare you besmirch the name Hunkie Cooper by not mentioning him amongst Rattler legends!
You must be registered for see images attach

I didn't list all of the Rattler legends. Just a couple of AFL players we signed. Cooper may have been in for a camp or tryout or something but nothing shows that he ever played here.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It's like Fletch where he was listed as taller because of his hair !! :D
True, but one thing I noticed about this is the guy has a sense of humor and not afraid to poke fun at himself. We need the right coach and there is good chance he will be fine, because no introvert megalomaniac would have consented to that photo which people make him out to be

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
We had season tickets to both the Cards and the Rattlers back in the day. I loved the announcer when he said complete to Hernadez Hunkyyyyy COOOper. Him and Bonner were unstoppable in those days.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I would do it... this team is in the tank, rip the band-aid off. This is the example of not extending anyone until you have to. The Cards are the poster child of what not to do with a media hyped fraud
...And basically have to play a bunch of UDFAs for a year or two and just basically have no hope.

There is still hope for Murray, just not with the current leadership clown show.