Cards need to trade kyler, dur hur

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If BA or Payton were the HC, Murray would have never been so outraged & frustrated to have even been in a position to yell at the coach. Did Murray ever yell at Lincoln Riley while at OU? The answer is NO. Because Riley knew what he was doing & got the plays in on time. I would put blame on Murray if that was the first time that plays came in late. It wasn’t. It’s been happening from day 1 of the Kingsbury regime. Murray had finally had enough.
Jesus. The lengths to which you’ll excuse Murray for almost anything is ridiculous.

It’s okay to just say “That was a bad look for the kid, no matter who his coach is.” And move on.

The above is the type of “yes man” stuff he’s probably heard his entire life which will keep him from ever really asking what more he can do himself to truly become great instead of pointing fingers at everyone else like he consistently has in press conferences all season.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have a novel idea, get an OL with some consistency, don't trade away weapons which give you legit fire power like D-Hop, and get a coaching staff in place which can help Kyler Murray utilize his talent
If only we could get a GM that thinks like you JG . It would solve a lot of the teams problems !!!

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Re-sign Watt, Extend Hopkins, come to an agreement with Hollywood, restructure Ertz, tag Murphy.
Why do any of this? Reality is that the Cards need to rebuild. The cupboards are bare. Get assets for the players we can and start the rebuild. They don't need to be treading water with guys in their 30s.

Hopkins I wrote above what I think should happen with him.

Watt would be nice to have as a mentor for the young guys but not for the $16m or so that he's making.

Hollywood is another blown 1st rounder from Keim thanks to the contract situation. I was against the move when it happened and I still hate it.

Ertz, eat the money now while rebuilding instead of dragging it out into years when the rebuild is hopefully over.

Murphy, maybe tag but I'd be shopping him around to see what type of draft assets could be had for him.

This is all predicated BTW on Keim being gone and the team having a competent GM to use the draft picks. If Keim is still here it doesn't matter what happens. The team is doomed until he's gone.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I literally can not name 5 coaches in the past 20 years worse than Kliffy. Maybe a few debatable like Adam Gase and Hue Jackson… ?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Ya but we are talking about one of the worst coaches in modern day NFL history… I can’t think of a Rookie QB that succeeded in his first 4 years w a **** coach and a **** Oline. Can you?
Succeeded, hell, how about looked like a competent QB? He hasn't been that since, what, week 8 or so last year? Kliff sucks, yes. That doesn't mean Kyler has covered himself in glory. Far from it. And you can't just point at Kliff and absolve Kyler. Kyler has his own major problems.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Succeeded, hell, how about looked like a competent QB? He hasn't been that since, what, week 8 or so last year? Kliff sucks, yes. That doesn't mean Kyler has covered himself in glory. Far from it. And you can't just point at Kliff and absolve Kyler. Kyler has his own major problems.
Kliff and Kyler are a package deal, they just keep kicking fans in the package over and over and over and over....

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Please name a QB that has succeed under similar circumstances

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now, Kyler isn’t getting surgery until beginning of January and he’s having it done by the Cowboys surgeon in Dallas.

Which means he’ll probably rehab in Dallas, which means the Cardinals won’t be able to monitor his rehab and progress.

Super.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Now, Kyler isn’t getting surgery until beginning of January and he’s having it done by the Cowboys surgeon in Dallas.

Which means he’ll probably rehab in Dallas, which means the Cardinals won’t be able to monitor his rehab and progress.

Super.
Do you want the cardinals having anything to do with his medical outcome/process? I don’t.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Super.
It’s interesting because there’s some contract stuff that Urban alluded to on Cards Underground a few weeks ago where if Kyler does his own rehab some of the guarantees are softened somehow.

I know Ouchie is in denial of this point but when your franchise QB signed to a long-term contract spends as much time in his ostensible home state as Dr Oz—I don’t know what it means but it means something.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s interesting because there’s some contract stuff that Urban alluded to on Cards Underground a few weeks ago where if Kyler does his own rehab some of the guarantees are softened somehow.
That’s both weird and interesting.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I know Ouchie is in denial of this point but when your franchise QB signed to a long-term contract spends as much time in his ostensible home state as Dr Oz—I don’t know what it means but it means something.
Denial? Okay.

From what I’m seeing the following QBs don’t spend off-season in team cities:

Brady
Rodgers
Cousens
Hurts
Garrapolo
Ryan

So it’s not exactly unheard of.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Denial? Okay.

From what I’m seeing the following QBs don’t spend off-season in team cities:

Brady
Rodgers
Cousens
Hurts
Garrapolo
Ryan

So it’s not exactly unheard of.
Brady never lived in New England in the offseason? Rodgers never in Green Bay? Matt Ryan never in Atlanta?

Hurts was a red-headed stepchild until this season, but don’t know where he was training. Jimmy G has never been a dynamic leader but was likely to be cut or traded in the offseason.

As Dvontel said, none of this matters when you’re winning, but now…

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can’t wait to see the meltdown when a new coach holds him accountable. He’s got to be the most unlikeable/immature
player that’s come around in a long time. It’s never his fault.
Cool. You'll have like one or two posters who you'll enjoy at that time.. lol

Most here, even the most ardent fans of him, can admit that he now has a much shorter leash and needs to grow up in many ways. Things are beyond Kyler at this point IMO. This franchise has shown recently what a true meltdown looks like from top to bottom. All these players get a pass from me...from the ones I can't stand to the ones I am huge fans of. MB and co are where my blame will be directed towards for the foreseeable future.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Brady never lived in New England in the offseason? Rodgers never in Green Bay? Matt Ryan never in Atlanta?

Hurts was a red-headed stepchild until this season, but don’t know where he was training. Jimmy G has never been a dynamic leader but was likely to be cut or traded in the offseason.

As Dvontel said, none of this matters when you’re winning, but now…
That’s what I found when I did some cursory research.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I literally can not name 5 coaches in the past 20 years worse than Kliffy. Maybe a few debatable like Adam Gase and Hue Jackson… ?
I'd say that you don't know a lot of head coaches?

Gus Bradley
Steve Spagnuolo
Rod Marinelli
Urban Meyer
Nathaniel Hackett
Adam Gase
Hue Jackson
Bobby Petrino
Marty Mornhinweg
Lane Kiffin

That's 10 that are clearly worse.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Gus Bradley
Steve Spagnuolo
Rod Marinelli
Urban Meyer
Nathaniel Hackett
Adam Gase
Hue Jackson
Bobby Petrino
Marty Mornhinweg
Lane Kiffin

Yeah. This is just a troll or rank ignorance. Either way not worth engaging with.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Gus Bradley
Steve Spagnuolo
Rod Marinelli
Urban Meyer
Nathaniel Hackett
Adam Gase
Hue Jackson
Bobby Petrino
Marty Mornhinweg
Lane Kiffin

You must not know several of these coaches accomplishments - bc although not top echelon coaches the vast majority of the list is far more accomplished than Kliffy on College/Pro level.

Kliff has shown to be inadequate at every phase of the game in the NFL.. and what exactly did he accomplish in college? Failing up?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must not know several of these coaches accomplishments - bc although not top echelon coaches the vast majority of the list is far more accomplished than Kliffy on College/Pro level.

Kliff has shown to be inadequate at every phase of the game in the NFL.. and what exactly did he accomplish in college? Failing up?
Show me which of these are better as NFL coaches than Kliff and I will listen. What was Hackett's accomplishment?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Show me which of these are better as NFL coaches than Kliff and I will listen. What was Hackett's accomplishment?
Lol and show me how Kliffy is a better coach than these coaches and I’ll listen.. and don’t give me that ******** that he took us to the playoffs last year. He didn’t natural roster additions through sucking did as proven before - in the past 30 years over 80% of the teams who selected a QB#1 overall made the playoffs within 3 years.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose