Cards meeting today (3/19) in OK with Murray

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
It’s crazy how the media never really made a story about Kyler Murray’s grandmother being from South Korea. I don’t think a lot of people know that his mom is half Korean.

Skeeber33

Reaction score
You clearly have a wonderful sense of humor. Must he a pleasure to have a drink with.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Bc midget jokes are hilarious...when I was in middle school? I guess your humor is too sophisticated for me . Sorry.

Skeeber33

Reaction score
It’s crazy how the media never really made a story about Kyler Murray’s grandmother being from South Korea. I don’t think a lot of people know that his mom is half Korean.
Agreed. I would imagine there aren't many, if any, #1 overall picks (or 1st round) that are Korean.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
There was a first report of 10 / 360 and later 12 / 430.

He has 2 years remaining on his current deal at around $35 million and they rewrote his contract adding the 10 years to it @ 36m a year but keeping the first 2 years as is, 360 + 70 = 430. So you could look at it 2 ways, he is being paid $430M over 12 years or he got a 10 yr $360M extension on his current deal. Still crazy money,

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bc midget jokes are hilarious...when I was in middle school? I guess your humor is too sophisticated for me . Sorry.
I've never posted the word midget. I just made a joke about your potential of being short. Sorry Dad.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Me? No, I'm 6'3" adult with a fairly healthy outlook on how to behave normally. You must be one of the 6'3" man children here.
Not that I've been making midget comments, but I'm sure Kyler Murray's ego will survive, as he's about to become a multimillionaire... again.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Eh' that's what happens on message boards. And if the Cards do draft him, and he explodes into awesomeness, I'm sure every poster who bashed him would gladly eat crow.

No, I will say I love that midget and for the record I will be damned if I am going to go PC on a sports forum

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want Cardinals to draft Bosa. Let's not forget Bosa also made "business" decision to not come back and finish the season for Ohio. Also Bosa is not working out at his pro day either.

It is now trending for college FB players to skip bowl games to avoid injury before entering the draft. Bosa gets injured and makes a business decision to get healed up and ready to start his NFL career. Maybe not ideal but not a concern IMO. Then Bosa works out at the combine and does all the drills etc. He is standing on his numbers from the combine and not repeating them at his pro day.

Murray picks and chooses what drills he will participate in and never runs a 40 yd dash and refused to get his height measured at his pro day. This feels like someone trying to hide something or at the least showing a prima dona attitude. Comparing what Bosa has done to Murray in the draft process is unfair and inaccurate.

Bosa gets a B for his actions and Murray gets a C-.

Skeeber33

Reaction score
Not that I've been making midget comments, but I'm sure Kyler Murray's ego will survive, as he's about to become a multimillionaire... again.

Oh, I'm sure he couldn't care less what middle aged dudes on a cardinals forum thinks...I was just pointing out the weird mentality that some people here have.

The dude has no personality...which is a shame bc with his talent he could be insanely marketable. But his personality means nothing when he produces like he does. I don't know that football has ever seen a skill set quite like his? Vick is the closest thing I can think of...but kylers elusiveness is beyond Vick....as is his accuracy. My only complaint regarding Murray is he tends to float the ball over the middle a little bit, which you can't do at that level.

Skeeber33

Reaction score
It is now trending for college FB players to skip bowl games to avoid injury before entering the draft. Bosa gets injured and makes a business decision to get healed up and ready to start his NFL career. Maybe not ideal but not a concern IMO. Then Bosa works out at the combine and does all the drills etc. He is standing on his numbers from the combine and not repeating them at his pro day.

Murray picks and chooses what drills he will participate in and never runs a 40 yd dash and refused to get his height measured at his pro day. This feels like someone trying to hide something or at the least showing a prima dona attitude. Comparing what Bosa has done to Murray in the draft process is unfair and inaccurate.

Bosa gets a B for his actions and Murray gets a C-.

How do you know that teams like the Cardinals aren't telling him "don't even bother running, we know what you can do"? I'm not saying that's the case...but we don't know what's being said behind the scenes. Say he runs a 4.3...did that help his stock? Of course not .He is a top 5 pick regardless (most likely). If he pulls a hammy or slips And runs 4.4+, does that hurt him? Of course. Why risk it when it provides absolutely no upside? What if he pulls a hammy and then can't throw at the pro day? Teams wanted to see if he can make the necessary throws and want to see it live. Would it hurt him if he didn't throw? Maybe so. There was no point running and risking injury when it wasn't going to improve his stock . The dude is the fastest player in the field in every single game.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Humor takes all shapes and sizes, to each their own. I get why Texas Tech fans are proud and protective of Murray, the dude gave you all one of the best seasons ever. A bunch of fans goofing around on a message board shouldn't have anyone getting offended or mad.

I remember someone posting threads from another team (Redskins IIRC) and they posted a picture of Jar Jar Binks sp from Star Wars as a look a like for Fitzgerald, it was hilarious and 99.9 % of Cards fan love Fitz and I think most of us agreed it was funny.

In other words, "Lighten up Francis"

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Oh, I'm sure he couldn't care less what middle aged dudes on a cardinals forum thinks...I was just pointing out the weird mentality that some people here have.

The dude has no personality...which is a shame bc with his talent he could be insanely marketable. But his personality means nothing when he produces like he does. I don't know that football has ever seen a skill set quite like his? Vick is the closest thing I can think of...but kylers elusiveness is beyond Vick....as is his accuracy. My only complaint regarding Murray is he tends to float the ball over the middle a little bit, which you can't do at that level.
You're talking to one of the most vehement anti-Murray (well, at least for the Cardinals to draft him, I have no personal dislike of the dude) people on this board, haha.

The funny thing is, Vick's a bad argument. He won nothing of relevance, and while he sure was fun to watch, stuff like a broken leg (that should have only kept him out six weeks), completely railroaded all of that dynamic rushing ability. Give me 50 other NFL QBs over Vick.

Skeeber33

Reaction score
Humor takes all shapes and sizes, to each their own. I get why Texas Tech fans are proud and protective of Murray, the dude gave you all one of the best seasons ever. A bunch of fans goofing around on a message board shouldn't have anyone getting offended or mad.

I remember someone posting threads from another team (Redskins IIRC) and they posted a picture of Jar Jar Binks sp from Star Wars as a look a like for Fitzgerald, it was hilarious and 99.9 % of Cards fan love Fitz and I think most of us agreed it was funny.

In other words, "Lighten up Francis"

Texas...tech? Wrong school .

Skeeber33

Reaction score
You're talking to one of the most vehement anti-Murray (well, at least for the Cardinals to draft him, I have no personal dislike of the dude) people on this board, haha.

The funny thing is, Vick's a bad argument. He won nothing of relevance, and while he sure was fun to watch, stuff like a broken leg (that should have only kept him out six weeks), completely railroaded all of that dynamic rushing ability. Give me 50 other NFL QBs over Vick.

I'm talking about his skill set. Not talking about who is the better QB. I'm talking running/throwing skill set. Name another comparison? Russell Wilson gets a lot of comps but they aren't close either...kylers elusiveness and speed is far beyond Wilson's. Arms are fairly similar. There really is nobody else like him? Vick had the big arm and top notch speed...and when he was in his prime he was impossible to game plan for. He didn't have the accuracy and touch that Kyler has though.

So when I compare him to Vick, I am talking strictly skill set .

Skeeber33

Reaction score
Also- Vick didn't know how to slide. Took way too many hits. Watch tape of Kyler Murray when he rushes. Dude is a top 10 baseball pick....he slides every time. Doesn't take hits. The hit by DT Williams from Bama was the only time I saw him get hit decently hard all year.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How do you know that teams like the Cardinals aren't telling him "don't even bother running, we know what you can do"? I'm not saying that's the case...but we don't know what's being said behind the scenes. Say he runs a 4.3...did that help his stock? Of course not .He is a top 5 pick regardless (most likely). If he pulls a hammy or slips And runs 4.4+, does that hurt him? Of course. Why risk it when it provides absolutely no upside? What if he pulls a hammy and then can't throw at the pro day? Teams wanted to see if he can make the necessary throws and want to see it live. Would it hurt him if he didn't throw? Maybe so. There was no point running and risking injury when it wasn't going to improve his stock . The dude is the fastest player in the field in every single game.

Wow just wow. Can you make anymore excuses for the guy. Maybe he will pull his hammy which EVERY other draftee was able to avoid whey they ALL ran the 40 yd dash. If he can't run a 40 yd dash because he may hurt himself then I don't want the sissy fragile boy.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Texas...tech? Wrong school .

That's all you got?

I was very skeptical about Russel Wilson when he came out and had a good debate with a poster. I loved his college play but didn't think his height would work in the NFL. Wilson has proven to be a franchise QB to Murray may as well, it's just the odds are against him because of his height.

The Cards have beaten Wilson up in Seattle several times because they know how to keep him in the pocket and force him to beat them with his arm and not his legs. It doesn't work all the time because Wilson is that athletic and smart. Murray may be the next Wilson or even better and if he will be then I'm good if the Cards draft him.

IIRCC Wilson did all the drills at the combine and his pro day, why can't Murray?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Also- Vick didn't know how to slide. Took way too many hits. Watch tape of Kyler Murray when he rushes. Dude is a top 10 baseball pick....he slides every time. Doesn't take hits. The hit by DT Williams from Bama was the only time I saw him get hit decently hard all year.
I know you're new, but come on man, this is the same argument a bunch of people have been parroting. I get that he's talented, but he's just definitely not so transcendent that he's never going to get hit. Not in a league where more than half of the guys on the field have similar speed, and 50 lbs on him.

He's going to get the hurt put on him at least a couple of times when he's protected by our unspectacular offensive line. At his size, I'm really worried he won't get back up.

Skeeber33

Reaction score
I know you're new, but come on man, this is the same argument a bunch of people have been parroting. I get that he's talented, but he's just definitely not so transcendent that he's never going to get hit. Not in a league where more than half of the guys on the field have similar speed, and 50 lbs on him.

He's going to get the hurt put on him at least a couple of times when he's protected by our unspectacular offensive line. At his size, I'm really worried he won't get back up.

I didn't say he won't get lit up a few times. He will...but I think you are underestimating his ability to protect himself. That goes a long way. Also, the dude isn't a run first QB .If you watched any of his games, he uses his elusiveness to buy more time while keeping his eyes down field. He only runs when there are clear running lanes and gets down before contact. I'm not concerned about his ability to stay healthy. Let's not pretend like college football is full of light weight guys...he has always been smaller than the rest of the competition. It's not like suddenly he shrunk and everyone else simultaneously got bigger .

Skeeber33

Reaction score
Wow just wow. Can you make anymore excuses for the guy. Maybe he will pull his hammy which EVERY other draftee was able to avoid whey they ALL ran the 40 yd dash. If he can't run a 40 yd dash because he may hurt himself then I don't want the sissy fragile boy.

Every other draftee isn't talked about as the #1 overall pick? There are two QBs being considered as top picks and it's near unanimous that Murray is #1. Again...what benefit does it serve? If you can answer that with a legitimate answer then maybe I'll change my stance. It won't improve his stock. Period. And if it's not improving his stock, then I'm sure he doesn't give a rats ass if random internet Joe wants him to run or not...especially if any of these teams advised him not to run.