Cards meeting today (3/19) in OK with Murray

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've also attended games where Seneca Wallace was the starter. And Case Keenum. And a bunch of other NFL QBs who were about my size and were miserable players.
I've also attended games where guys a lot taller were miserable QBs. Neither of us have seen a game with Murray at QB in the NFL so it doesn't matter.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Created an account due to this thread.

To be upfront- I'm a sooner fan. So my opinion is biased...so take from it what you will.

To start- the midget jokes are kind of pathetic. I'm assuming you guys are adults but Im not sure. Every fanbase has their share of childish adults...but this group appears to have an exceptionally high number. I hope you look back at some point and are embarrassed by your behavior.

As for kyler- while some of you are obsessing over two inches... You ignore what he did with an offensive line that's bigger than what the cards put up. Had fewer balls batted than Haskins. He literally put up the best season of any quarterback in the history of college football. Went 42-0 in 6A highschool football in Texas and is considered the best player in Texas high school football history. He has beyond excelled at every level. He doesn't have bakers arm strength...but he adds another dimension Baker didn't have and that's elite speed and quickness. His elusiveness is beyond anything anyone has seen in football (beyond Vick), which allows him to extend plays.

As for his attitude. Dude is not a talker. Cocky? Probably. He isn't Baker Mayfield in the locker room. From all accounts, he's pretty quiet but he leads on the field. He let's his play talk and I would say he's done that well. There hasn't been a single teammate that has played with that has trashed his attitude or leadership...but dudes on this message board think their opinion has validity based on a 15 second interview clip they saw on the internet.

So keep obsessing over the two inches...and at this point I hope the cards trade out of the position and keep Rosen. Based on what I've read on here today, you guys deserve to keep Jay Cutler Jr (Rosen) and to watch highlights of Murray on another team next year. I took a few screenshots of some of the statements I've read so I can repost them in reflection next year...just as I did for browns fans and Mayfield last year .

Having an opinion and not liking a player is one thing ...but midget jokes and hot takes based on the interviews is another.
Great post. Welcome to the board. We wanted Josh McCown over Kurt Warner FWIW. It is what it is.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't hate Rosen. I just don't think he is some special find that is irreplaceable and I think with the #1 pick they need a franchise altering player and if that player is a QB, so be it. If he showed anything in year 1 maybe I would pause, but then again maybe Wilks would be here too. The reality is that so far Rosen is what he is, and Kinsbury is the HC. I want what is best for the team
I don’t know, you seem to put down everyone who is in favor of keep Rosen almost all the time & keep throwing that overran “OverThrosen” name out there. Also begging that Rosen isn’t on the team next year.

Maybe I just see it different, but hey.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

To be upfront- I'm a sooner fan. So my opinion is biased...so take from it what you will.

To start- the midget jokes are kind of pathetic. I'm assuming you guys are adults but Im not sure. Every fanbase has their share of childish adults...but this group appears to have an exceptionally high number. I hope you look back at some point and are embarrassed by your behavior.

As for kyler- while some of you are obsessing over two inches... You ignore what he did with an offensive line that's bigger than what the cards put up. Had fewer balls batted than Haskins. He literally put up the best season of any quarterback in the history of college football. Went 42-0 in 6A highschool football in Texas and is considered the best player in Texas high school football history. He has beyond excelled at every level. He doesn't have bakers arm strength...but he adds another dimension Baker didn't have and that's elite speed and quickness. His elusiveness is beyond anything anyone has seen in football (beyond Vick), which allows him to extend plays.

As for his attitude. Dude is not a talker. Cocky? Probably. He isn't Baker Mayfield in the locker room. From all accounts, he's pretty quiet but he leads on the field. He let's his play talk and I would say he's done that well. There hasn't been a single teammate that has played with that has trashed his attitude or leadership...but dudes on this message board think their opinion has validity based on a 15 second interview clip they saw on the internet.

So keep obsessing over the two inches...and at this point I hope the cards trade out of the position and keep Rosen. Based on what I've read on here today, you guys deserve to keep Jay Cutler Jr (Rosen) and to watch highlights of Murray on another team next year. I took a few screenshots of some of the statements I've read so I can repost them in reflection next year...just as I did for browns fans and Mayfield last year .

Having an opinion and not liking a player is one thing ...but midget jokes and hot takes based on the interviews is another.

Welcome!

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Eh' that's what happens on message boards. And if the Cards do draft him, and he explodes into awesomeness, I'm sure every poster who bashed him would gladly eat crow.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess its forbidden to board passengers for a flight without a co pilot
I just wondering if keim has a license
Non commercial flights do not have this requirement. private pilots license with a type rating is the only minimum requirement.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Open an account to post a lecture. :bang:

Reactions: PJ1

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone keeping a tote board on the number of Murray threads. Ant guesses. What is the over/under # 27???????

Reaction score
Actually it’s a 100% legitimate concern considering he only committed to football barely more then 3 weeks ago. You dismissing it as garbage is absolutely ludicrous... At the first sign of any struggles the kid has an automatic out and he very likely could take it.

People don't realize how huge this is. Concussions are not very frequent in baseball. In football he could have a couple then have long term effects that could cause problems later in life. He doesn't have that risk in baseball.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I see the hate for Rosen, you know the guy who is actually a Cardinal and had to endure Wilk's experiment as a rookie, as baffling :)
That’s just silly. It’s soooo common for fans to turn in a player who fails to produce, regardless of surrounding circumstances. For anyone to say it’s “baffling” is baffling in and of itself. Even if there was no Murray in the equation many on this board would be hating of Rosen for what he failed to show last year. Mind you, I’m not one of them, but to be baffled by that would lead me to believe you’ve never spent any time on any message board, much less this one and we both know that’s far from the truth.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
CBS and NBC local stations in OKC had short stories on Murray in Norman today. Nothing new, they said the meeting was on campus.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I see the hate for Rosen, you know the guy who is actually a Cardinal and had to endure Wilk's experiment as a rookie, as baffling :)

I don't see any "hate".

I really like Josh Rosen. It's nothing personal.

Look at it this way, the #1 overall pick is supposed to be a franchise building player. I think Murray is more of a QB I would want to build my franchise around.

Reaction score
FWIW, some guy called in to the local sports channel on the radio here saying he spotted Kingsbury with some bald guy in Norman today. apparently he was here........ case closed! :biglaugh::deadhorse2:

Cody Ford is looking pretty good at this point I guess.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This paints with a broad brush. In fact I see more hate for Murray than Rosen on the Cardinals forum.

I'd like to keep Rosen rather than give him away even if the Cardinals draft Murray.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So, you're a short guy I take it.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard