Cards Hire Jonathan Gannon as New HC

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
30+ points given up in the Super Bowl ....

I'll hope for the best, but when any defense gives up 30 points in ANY game they were out coached, out witted, and their defense was a joke to the other teams offensive coordinator.

He's also never been a head coach at ANY level

Sean Payton vs. Gannon will be a thread to run for awhile

Man I guess DeMeco Ryan's sucks considering the Chiefs put 44 on them this year

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Have no choice but to give the man a shot. His tenure will come down to Kyler. Kyler has 2 years and so does Gannon. Wait to see who he fills his staff with but It's hard to be optimistic about this hire.
Gannon could easily survive a Kyler breakup if he's doing other things well. Kliff's downfall was that he was only brought in to be a Kyler whisperer and failed at that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This fan base has been pretty vocal about Gannon not being their choice. IDK why you're acting surprised.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That poll had 99 votes...

And my answer would be...

WTF do fans know compared to the several football execs that interviewed 13 candidates?

I can't imagine thinking I know who would make the best HC from some Twitter videos and Eagle fan feedback post superbowl. Fans that think they played "soft zone" all game.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I’ll believe this works when I see it.
Really, with all the candidates, Kafka was the only unknown I really did not want us to hire because of his lack of experience to be a head coach, though I think at this point he would make a great OC which is what he is. I say he was the only one I had a real point of view towards the negative, and Payton towards the positive (though it was still hard for me to really believe he was going to want to sign with us), since I really don't think anyone can take an extreme take on either side of the spectrum, liking or hating this hire along with a slew of the other guys we brought in. I am going to have to see too

OP
OP
Dayman

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He was my last choice, but I really have no idea how this will work out. He could end up being great.

Also, kudos to the Cards for somehow spinning the "He was Monti's guy all along!" narrative. While this may be true, I have a real hard time believing he is a better option to turn around the culture here than Payton or Quinn.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose