Cards cuts

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

2020 looking a bit suspect at this point as well.

Isaiah Simmons is meh at this point though I have high hopes.

Joshua Jones looks like a complete whiff in round 3.

Lawrence has struggled to stay healthy

Fotu is raw.

Weaver is gone.

Eno is still the #4 RB

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Fotu is raw.

Weaver is gone.

Eno is still the #4 RB

in other words, biz as usual.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Fotu is raw.

Weaver is gone.

Eno is still the #4 RB
The only time to judge Keim draft classes is on the eve of the first game of their rookie seasons. Any other time is hindsight:

Zaven Collins - Evolutionary Brian Urlacher A+
Rondale Moore - Anquan Boldin with 4.20 speed A+
Marco Wilson - Clearly better than Patrick Peterson A++
Victor Dimuekeje - don’t worry about it B-
Tay Gowan - Prolly the best 4th WR in the NFL if you think about it B+
NO MORE QUESTIONS

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only time to judge Keim draft classes is on the eve of the first game of their rookie seasons. Any other time is hindsight:

Zaven Collins - Evolutionary Brian Urlacher A+
Rondale Moore - Anquan Boldin with 4.20 speed A+
Marco Wilson - Clearly better than Patrick Peterson A++
Victor Dimuekeje - don’t worry about it B-
Tay Gowan - Prolly the best 4th WR in the NFL if you think about it B+
NO MORE QUESTIONS
Hehe...

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep they literally won the title with him at QB.

He's not a great NFL QB but the idea that he sucked in Canada is just not true. The game is different there of course but he was a very good QB there.

I don't know what KK plans for him I actually think we should be using him like Taysom Hill he should be lining up at QB, RB, FB etc to keep teams guessing.

Honestly there were times last year where the RB's didn't get short yardage and I thought why in the heck don't we have Streveler in there. Go back to the SF game his first actual action he comes in cold, gets the ball on I think 4th down, the play is blown up because the C missed his block, and Streveler just lowered the boom and got the first down on a play he could have easily lost 2 yards.

he's clearly a guy that has a role in short yardage so if we're allowed to have both all 3 QB's active on game days I can see why they would.

This isn't really accurate.

Streveler wasn't even the starter. He was the backup. He started 7 games in 2019 due to injuries and in those 7 games he threw 7 TD's and 11 INT's with a YPA of 6.8 and 211 YPG.

When you are the backup in the CFL you aren't good. When you throw 7/11 in 7 games you aren't good. There's no definition where Streveler can be considered good in the CFL.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This isn't really accurate.

Streveler wasn't even the starter. He was the backup. He started 7 games in 2019 due to injuries and in those 7 games he threw 7 TD's and 11 INT's with a YPA of 6.8 and 211 YPG.

When you are the backup in the CFL you aren't good. When you throw 7/11 in 7 games you aren't good. There's no definition where Streveler can be considered good in the CFL.

his rookie year he became the first Canadian QB in over a decade to start right out of college, it was due to injury and just for a few games. he was so good they used him as a taysom Hill the rest of the year. He had 11 TD's passing and 10 rushing as a backup. 2019 he was a backup until injuries made him the starter. They went 3-5 but then in the playoffs caught fire with him playing large roles in 2 of their 3 wins as they won the Grey Cup. 12 TD's rushing 8 passing. So in 2 seasons as a part time starter he put up 41 TD's in Canada, that's good. we know he's not a great passer that's a given but he's a VERY good runner, very strong and in Canada they found a role for him that was kind of Taysom Hill like except they didn't throw the ball to him.

Clearly we're not going to play him at QB over Kyler that would be nuts, but there are situations, especially with our TE issues, where it would make sense to have a guy like Streveler on the field, WITH Kyler.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
his rookie year he became the first Canadian QB in over a decade to start right out of college, it was due to injury and just for a few games. he was so good they used him as a taysom Hill the rest of the year. He had 11 TD's passing and 10 rushing as a backup. 2019 he was a backup until injuries made him the starter. They went 3-5 but then in the playoffs caught fire with him playing large roles in 2 of their 3 wins as they won the Grey Cup. 12 TD's rushing 8 passing. So in 2 seasons as a part time starter he put up 41 TD's in Canada, that's good. we know he's not a great passer that's a given but he's a VERY good runner, very strong and in Canada they found a role for him that was kind of Taysom Hill like except they didn't throw the ball to him.

Clearly we're not going to play him at QB over Kyler that would be nuts, but there are situations, especially with our TE issues, where it would make sense to have a guy like Streveler on the field, WITH Kyler.

I'm interested in what he can do as a passer, seeing as he's a QB, and that isn't much. His career passing record in the CFL was 19 TD's and 19 INT's. If that's his record in the CFL why would anyone expect it to be better in the NFL?

He was awful vs the Rams, he was awful vs the Cowboys in PS. He made 1 decent pass vs the Chiefs.

We don't use him for gadget plays, or as a running QB. In the game he played significant time vs the Rams he only rushed 4 times for 15 yards.

If they want to keep him around that's fine, but put him on the PS where he belongs. He has no place on the 53.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in what he can do as a passer, seeing as he's a QB, and that isn't much. His career passing record in the CFL was 19 TD's and 19 INT's. If that's his record in the CFL why would anyone expect it to be better in the NFL?

He was awful vs the Rams, he was awful vs the Cowboys in PS. He made 1 decent pass vs the Chiefs.

We don't use him for gadget plays, or as a running QB. In the game he played significant time vs the Rams he only rushed 4 times for 15 yards.

If they want to keep him around that's fine, but put him on the PS where he belongs. He has no place on the 53.

There is no 53 now I thought it's 53 plus 2 for games now so it doesn't really matter to me which part of the roster he's on.

We didn't use him for gadgets last year, I hope we will this year.

The Rams game yeah he was bad so were lots of QB's against them and again the big play of that game was an uncalled offsides penalty that became a picksix because the refs missed the call.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
If it wasn't for the fluke play/INT - there would be a different narrative with Streveler.

I am not saying he is a great QB but we certainly haven't used him properly.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it wasn't for the fluke play/INT - there would be a different narrative with Streveler.

We might have still lost that game and I still haven't watched it so I can't comment on his overall play but people just gloss over that play.

I was watching NFL network over the weekend and they were talking about the Cards and the fade in the 2nd half and one of the people said how come nobody ever points out if the refs don't blow that call that TD never happens? The reason the ball was so badly thrown is Streveler couldn't step into the throw because... the guy who was offsides is the one who pressured him. He threw off his backfoot the ball was short right to Hill who returned it for a TD. The whole team knew the guy was offsides that's why we snapped the ball and why he ran the play. Kliff was very honest about that after the game, he did what we teach them to do when a player jumps offsides, snap the ball and take a chance, they just didn't call the penalty. We lost that game 18-7, take that play away it's 11-7. We're in FG range at the time we probably go in at halftime up 10-5. Once they made those 2 FG's in the 2nd half the whole game changes because we can't be conservative and try to run the ball with Streveler because we're down 2 scores.

We also had a FG blocked in there a very short one that had nothing to do with Streveler. He played poorly from the stats but we still could very easily have put up 13 points in that game and won if they don't miss that call.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We might have still lost that game and I still haven't watched it so I can't comment on his overall play but people just gloss over that play.

I was watching NFL network over the weekend and they were talking about the Cards and the fade in the 2nd half and one of the people said how come nobody ever points out if the refs don't blow that call that TD never happens? The reason the ball was so badly thrown is Streveler couldn't step into the throw because... the guy who was offsides is the one who pressured him. He threw off his backfoot the ball was short right to Hill who returned it for a TD. The whole team knew the guy was offsides that's why we snapped the ball and why he ran the play. Kliff was very honest about that after the game, he did what we teach them to do when a player jumps offsides, snap the ball and take a chance, they just didn't call the penalty. We lost that game 18-7, take that play away it's 11-7. We're in FG range at the time we probably go in at halftime up 10-5. Once they made those 2 FG's in the 2nd half the whole game changes because we can't be conservative and try to run the ball with Streveler because we're down 2 scores.

We also had a FG blocked in there a very short one that had nothing to do with Streveler. He played poorly from the stats but we still could very easily have put up 13 points in that game and won if they don't miss that call.

this assumes we hit the FG at the end of the half.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this assumes we hit the FG at the end of the half.

Sure it does. Nugent was a pretty viable kicker for us. We were at the 32 yard line, 5 yards for the penalty is 27 yard line so now it's a 44 yard FG. He was 7-8 for us last year the only miss was the blocked FG. You can never be sure but he never got the chance because they missed the offsides call.

If we win that game with Streveler playing that much the entire narrative on him flips no matter what happens in the playoffs the following week.

That one missed call was huge.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure it does. Nugent was a pretty viable kicker for us. We were at the 32 yard line, 5 yards for the penalty is 27 yard line so now it's a 44 yard FG. He was 7-8 for us last year the only miss was the blocked FG. You can never be sure but he never got the chance because they missed the offsides call.

If we win that game with Streveler playing that much the entire narrative on him flips no matter what happens in the playoffs the following week.

That one missed call was huge.

I forgot it was Nugent by then. But 44 yards was getting right to his stretching point. Guy was accurate from 40 and in but didn’t have a lot left in that leg from any kind of distance.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don’t think there’s a proper way to use garbage.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot it was Nugent by then. But 44 yards was getting right to his stretching point. Guy was accurate from 40 and in but didn’t have a lot left in that leg from any kind of distance.

Sure. I'm doing this off ESPN play by play so if wrong it's their fault. We called Timeout just prior to the picksix so 37 seconds left. So they call that penalty it's 2nd and 2 at the 27 with 37 seconds left. So we have time to get the ball closer, maybe even get another first down. We didn't have to kick the FG from that spot.

I just never understood why that play wasn't a bigger deal. I've pointed out before I was at my GF's brothers funeral during that game that's why I missed it and why I never bothered to watch. But when we got home and turned on the tv they showed that play and my GF's brother in law immediately said that guy was offsides how did they not call that. It was just so obvious

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s a proper way to use garbage.

Even in the Rams game he had 3 carries for 12 yards. Barely played all year, best defense in the NFL and he throws the ball 16 times and runs 3, that's just not good play calling IMO. Again I didn't watch but unless the Rams had 9 guys in the box on every play we certainly could have been more imaginative in using Streveler in that game. Like say what the Rams did with their QB.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
its going to be a long 10 days until we have actual football to post about................

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

... And added 726 yards and 12 TDs rushing. In 2018 as a CFL rookie he was ranked 5th in "Efficiency Rating" among CFL QBs who threw more than 100 passes with 11 passing and 10 rushing TDs vs. 5 INTs; in 2019 he threw a TD pass to help his team win the Grey Cup with a barely healed broken ankle & high ankle sprain.

So to say that "He wasn’t even good in the CFL" is not accurate.

I don't think anyone is expecting Streveler is to emerge as a starting caliber traditional NFL QB. I think everyone here agrees that if Murray is out for more than a game, McCoy will be the QB. But Streveler can play a role, make plays, and contribute from the QB position.

...dave

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
... And added 726 yards and 12 TDs rushing. In 2018 as a CFL rookie he was ranked 5th in "Efficiency Rating" among CFL QBs who threw more than 100 passes with 11 passing and 10 rushing TDs vs. 5 INTs; in 2019 he threw a TD pass to help his team win the Grey Cup with a barely healed broken ankle & high ankle sprain.

So to say that "He wasn’t even good in the CFL" in not accurate.

I don't think anyone is expecting Streveler is to emerge as a starting caliber traditional NFL QB. I think everyone here agrees that if Murray is out for more than a game, McCoy will be the QB. But Streveler can play a role, make plays, and contribute from the QB position.

...dave

come on, Dave this statement has no evidence what’s to make this claim as far as the NFL is concerned. There’s literally zero evidence to back it up and in his only major time on the field he didn’t look like he belong in the league, much less the team.

And his rushing stats in Canada say nothing about him having the skills most important to the position he plays... passing the ball. That’s his primary job as Quarterback Dave and his passing stats are horrific. He was an on again off again backup in a B Football League. When you’re not even a bonafide starter in the CFL, its safe to say you suck as a QB.

also, the talent level and speed in the CFL is nowhere near what it is in the NFL which massively calls into question whether his rushing ability would transfer to the NFL. And as of yet, we’ve still yet to see any evidence there as well.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sure. I'm doing this off ESPN play by play so if wrong it's their fault. We called Timeout just prior to the picksix so 37 seconds left. So they call that penalty it's 2nd and 2 at the 27 with 37 seconds left. So we have time to get the ball closer, maybe even get another first down. We didn't have to kick the FG from that spot.

I just never understood why that play wasn't a bigger deal. I've pointed out before I was at my GF's brothers funeral during that game that's why I missed it and why I never bothered to watch. But when we got home and turned on the tv they showed that play and my GF's brother in law immediately said that guy was offsides how did they not call that. It was just so obvious

I love Alternate Cardinals History Theatre with Russ Smith. What If…? Has become a hit on Disney+; this is our spinoff.

That old football saying that you are your record is my belief.

The Cardinals DID have a positive point differential but that was all accrued during their 6-3 start. The collapse after that is why there is a general angst among a lot of the fan base. I think the team is somewhere in the middle....a .500 ball club that could go either way based on how the season plays out.

I'm a bigger fan of Kingsbury than most, but his game management is sub par, so you have to assume he makes a few mistakes in situational football quite often. IMO that's his biggest Achilles heel right now.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Alternate Cardinals History Theatre with Russ Smith. What If…? Has become a hit on Disney+; this is our spinoff.

Was he offsides or not?

I think that play has a lot to do with why the Cards haven't written Streveler off even if fans have. Because they know if called correctly that picksix doesn't count and the game might have ended differently. They COULD have won that game with Streveler as a QB, which is essentially what you ask of your backup QB in the NFL right now, can you win a game with him now and then if needed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard