Cards could get 7th pick in the Draft

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I'm holding out hope we can re-sign Murphy. I don't know the draft class well but ideally I'd like to go O-Line or D-Line in the first. It's maddening how old, injured and ignored those units have been.
If they dont re-sign Byron Murphy then this team is a fng disaster. You dont spend the 33rd pick on a kid, develop him at a position of need only to watch him leave thats just dumb.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I make the assumptions that we keep Zach Allen and Byron Murphy, which given us may not be a valid assumption. Then if we're picking I'm looking at Will Anderson, don't think we pick high enough but if we do him. Jalen Carter. I like the CB Kelee Ringo from Georgia(Arizona native) my only concern on him is he missed his freshman year with injury so he'll have only played 2 years of college. the transition to NFL for a CB is tough enough so missing a year of playing time makes it that much harder. Clemson has 2 guys the edge Murphy and the DL Bresee. Also like Cam Smith of South Carolina, he's even bigger than Ringo 6'4 215 pounds, I think Ringo is faster but I'd take either one of those guys.

PFF is raving about OT Skoronski, I haven't seen Northwestern play so we'll see on him but he seems to be the only OL in the top 15.

But it depends where we pick as to which of those guys would be on the board.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I make the assumptions that we keep Zach Allen and Byron Murphy, which given us may not be a valid assumption. Then if we're picking I'm looking at Will Anderson, don't think we pick high enough but if we do him. Jalen Carter. I like the CB Kelee Ringo from Georgia(Arizona native) my only concern on him is he missed his freshman year with injury so he'll have only played 2 years of college. the transition to NFL for a CB is tough enough so missing a year of playing time makes it that much harder. Clemson has 2 guys the edge Murphy and the DL Bresee. Also like Cam Smith of South Carolina, he's even bigger than Ringo 6'4 215 pounds, I think Ringo is faster but I'd take either one of those guys.

PFF is raving about OT Skoronski, I haven't seen Northwestern play so we'll see on him but he seems to be the only OL in the top 15.

But it depends where we pick as to which of those guys would be on the board.
There is no way we keep both Allen and Murphy.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
that would be tough to take

pass rushing interior DL and CB are two of the more sought after positions in the NFL

when you actually draft both of those: you hafta keep them

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I haven't run the numbers I assume we're going to do a new deal with Hollywood and I assume we'll try to extend Murphy and Allen. Last week they said when they talked to Keim about key players he kept bringing up Allen so I assume they see him as a core player.

I don't know the implications on Hudson if he retires with one year left on his contract where does that 11 million go?

But I figure the 3 offseason priorities if we don't do any of them during the season are Murphy, Hollywood and Zach in no particular order

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

that would be tough to take

pass rushing interior DL and CB are two of the more sought after positions in the NFL

when you actually draft both of those: you hafta keep them

I haven't run the numbers I assume we're going to do a new deal with Hollywood and I assume we'll try to extend Murphy and Allen. Last week they said when they talked to Keim about key players he kept bringing up Allen so I assume they see him as a core player.

I don't know the implications on Hudson if he retires with one year left on his contract where does that 11 million go?

But I figure the 3 offseason priorities if we don't do any of them during the season are Murphy, Hollywood and Zach in no particular order
I think we can easily keep Murphy and Allen if we want to. D-Hop will have to be dealt with to get rid of his 30M cap number next year. That freed up money will likely go to Hollywood.

That Robbie Anderson trade is looking even more terrible seeing that he is owed 12M next year. At least we can cut him and not have to pay him anything.