Cards add 400 to Season Ticket Waiting List

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the East Valley Tribune:

EXTRA POINT: Since the Whisenhunt hire was announced Sunday, the Cardinals have added 400 names to the season ticket-waiting list, given that season tickets remain sold out. The waiting list has grown to more than 5,000.

I tried to tell a bunch of you during the season that they would still sell out next year, no problem. But, I have to admit, I'm really surprised that Whisenhunt generated that strong of a response!

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With the new stadium, they will always be sold out. This is the NFL and no matter what the record, people will come.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There is a HUGE Steeler following here, my old man is from Pittsburgh and he alone has like 20 relatives that transplanted here. I don't know if that has anything to do with the 400 but you never know with those people.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
The Bidwill"s might learn something from this...

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
There is a HUGE Steeler following here, my old man is from Pittsburgh and he alone has like 20 relatives that transplanted here. I don't know if that has anything to do with the 400 but you never know with those people.

Yep, me thinks those are mostly Steeler fans. And they will just sell the tickets to scalpers if they don't show up.

Brighteyes

Super Bowl!
Reaction score
Renewals haven't gone out yet -- so there's been no chance for current holders to opt out. However, I don't think that many will give up their seats. If I hadn't gone to every game, I easily could have doubled my investment in selling my seats -- and hearing there are 5000 waiting for seats tells me if I give them up now, I may never get them again.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Don't the Cardinals have a Steeler home game this season? I met this chick who told me she bought season tickets just to see the Steelers in the PRESEASON and would scalp the rest away.... nice :roll:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Don't the Cardinals have a Steeler home game this season? I met this chick who told me she bought season tickets just to see the Steelers in the PRESEASON and would scalp the rest away.... nice :roll:

Its hard to discount the reports of different fans of different teams sitting in the same seats every game.

I ran through stub hub last year and the same seats were for sale for every game in several sections.

Anyone who attended the Chicago and, especially, the Dallas games last year knows that true Cardinal fans do not have as many season tickets as you would think. I would expect a couple of thousand opposing fans maybe but 15-20,000 or more is ridiculous.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Their is a girl at the sports bar I watch games at and she bought season tickets as an investment opportunity...She's a diehard Packers fan.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
With the new stadium, they will always be sold out. This is the NFL and no matter what the record, people will come.

People will buy. They won't always come. the Texans games were all sold out this year but the stadium wasn't full by the end.

ViSSiV

Reaction score
Its hard to discount the reports of different fans of different teams sitting in the same seats every game.

I ran through stub hub last year and the same seats were for sale for every game in several sections.

Anyone who attended the Chicago and, especially, the Dallas games last year knows that true Cardinal fans do not have as many season tickets as you would think. I would expect a couple of thousand opposing fans maybe but 15-20,000 or more is ridiculous.

It sucks. But it is always going to be that way here until every ticket is owned by an actual die hard Cardinals fan. Phoenix has more out of state people living in it then any other city because of its reputation for nice weather. And all the damn business that offer game tickets to their customers. They are not likely to be Cardinals fans.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if they expand the seating in the south end zone to accomodate more season ticket holders. I'm sure you guys saw the seats during the Fiesta Bowl and National Championship Games.

It looked like they also put bleachers up on the Budweiser concourse above the door where the field comes in.

Reaction score
It sucks. But it is always going to be that way here until every ticket is owned by an actual die hard Cardinals fan. Phoenix has more out of state people living in it then any other city because of its reputation for nice weather. And all the damn business that offer game tickets to their customers. They are not likely to be Cardinals fans.
I know of a business which has 100 seats in the new stadium which they comp to out of town clients from which ever city is visiting the Cardinals!

seesred

Reaction score
IMO we had 75-80% of the stadium in red. Yes I had prime seats around me sold to the color of the day. but for the most part I heard us when we got loud unlike Sun Devil. This years season tickets for some were bought because of the Super Bowl. Next year, if we don't wake up this year it will be a different story. Now if by some kind of mystic interval we were to be in the SB....Get your tickets here 3K per seat. Get em now! I know we go into some kind of lotttery, but a guy can dream can't he?

GBR

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score

Wonderful to know people who wanted the Season Tickets for the full ride were left out in the cold because of people like this.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bingo! I know 3 steelers fans in my station alone that put up the money 3 weeks ago to be on the season ticket waiting list just because the Steelers will be in town next year. They said that they will sell off the rest of their tickets to the highest bidder.

Reaction score
Wonderful to know people who wanted the Season Tickets for the full ride were left out in the cold because of people like this.
Any Cardinal fan that wanted season tickets had plenty of time to get on board. That they got "shut out" is no one's fault but their own!

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
:stupid:
Really - anyone that had season tickets in 2005 or earlier EASILY could have gotten season tix for 2006 and beyond.
You have an excuse if you just moved to Maricopa County - otherwise: TFB.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any Cardinal fan that wanted season tickets had plenty of time to get on board. That they got "shut out" is no one's fault but their own!

Double :stupid::stupid:

After I bought my season tickets the Cards asked me 3x either via mail or in person if I wanted more. There was plenty of opportunity.

On the one hand I should have done this and made a killing in $$, but on the other, I'm glad I didn't and know I'm not contributing to loading the stadium with opposing fans.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score

They should have come in from the cold when the Steeler fans did and buy tickets. Instead, they sit in the cold and bitch about it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5000 waiting???

It sounds to me that they need to make full use of the end zone, and install more permanent seats there, a la National Championship game and leave them there.

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
5000 waiting???

It sounds to me that they need to make full use of the end zone, and install more permanent seats there, a la National Championship game and leave them there.

You can't put in permanant seats because then you would be unable to roll in and out the field.

The temporary seating takes 3-4 days to install and take down, which means if you have back to back homes games you wouldn't be able to pull the seats down and get the field out at all that week, and you would be unable to use the stadium floor for things like tractor pulls, and convention space.