Cards 2023 prediction

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Well I guess we have a chance in the nfc west - because other teams are no less settled - but really know nothing about nothing. I say we win the NFCW - but don’t know how yet. Maybe behind Tune?

otherwise
we might get some epic animal interference
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And this roster is so bad it’s a two year rebuild. If Monty does his job we’ll hopefully be ready to do big things in 2025.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
really really hard to predict what this team will show in 2023.

A lot of it comes down to how effective are the leaders, primarily Gannon and his OC and DC. If the players buy in right away, believe in the scheme and the message, maybe they fight and scratch and claw their way to seven wins.

It's also possible they're ineffective out of the gate, and they have to go back to the drawing board mid season or in the next off season. Not the end of the world if that happens, but we'll be lucky to win five games if it does.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And this roster is so bad it’s a two year rebuild. If Monty does his job we’ll hopefully be ready to do big things in 2025.

Yes, but turnarounds are quicker in modern day.

We should be competing in 2024, but as far as a serious playoff push then 2025 yeah.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
how will we fare against the rams and hawks will determine our fate. If we log a big zero we be headed for a top 5 pick. 3-14

if our coaches excel we are looking at 8-9 and a successful season. The more I think about it, these coaches aren’t tanking this team. With the draft assets we have we‘ll be able to grab who we want in the first round. Now where did I put that texans voodoo doll…

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Yes, but turnarounds are quicker in modern day.

We should be competing in 2024, but as far as a serious playoff push then 2025 yeah.
Yes, turnarounds are quicker. But as you stated, 2024 and after is when we should be looking for that. Sucks for the older guys waiting decades. But, it is what it is.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1-16. Maybe get a second win. The defense is going to be atrocious. And that's if they stay pretty healthy.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Playoff contention possible in 2025 or 2026. That's based on two huge assumptions... We put together 2 or 3 killer drafts and have a franchise type QB.

If those don't happen we are looking at 5 maybe even 10 years of being awful.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Playoff contention possible in 2025 or 2026. That's based on two huge assumptions... We put together 2 or 3 killer drafts and have a franchise type QB.

If those don't happen we are looking at 5 maybe even 10 years of being awful.
If that's the projection than we might as well clean house again, because in the NFL, 3-4 year rebuilds are failed rebuilds because you never got to where you were aiming.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
3-5 wins is about what I expect. I expect this defense to struggle all season and the offense to be near league worst until Kyler returns.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that's the projection than we might as well clean house again, because in the NFL, 3-4 year rebuilds are failed rebuilds because you never got to where you were aiming.
I mean things could all go right for us. That is possible. Who knows? We might win 3 to 5 games this year. Eight or nine next year. 10 to 15 the year after. Gannon NFL coach of the Year and Monti GM of the year in 2025. NFC Championship or Super Bowl. Super Bowl champs.

That could happen.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes, turnarounds are quicker. But as you stated, 2024 and after is when we should be looking for that. Sucks for the older guys waiting decades. But, it is what it is.

My expectations are that '08 SB is the only championship the Cardinals will ever go to in my lifetime (currently 35, started as a fan at age 6).

I can't imagine those well before me.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My expectations are that '08 SB is the only championship the Cardinals will ever go to in my lifetime (currently 35, started as a fan at age 6).

I can't imagine those well before me.
I have long said I know exactly when the Cardinals will win the Super Bowl.... The year after I die.