Cards 2022 Training Camp July 26th

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler showed up with the rookies so he has been there a week early. He made up his time missed
I think some posters are confusing the fourth day of TC with the fourth day of practice. I'm guessing that Kyler gas been practicing since March/April. And he could be in his fourth month of practice. Even with Saturday afternoon off, he might have had a morning practice session, even if it was a classroom session.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agree but i was talking about the reason the team cant finish what they started
Is not just about depth
Is Mentality discipline and it starts from the top
Look at Nadal and djokovic, they are still the best at 35/36, they don't think about day off, watch them training, very competitive mentality in finding new stimuli and working their ass off constantly
They have amazing winning percentage in the 5th set, they never give up
their preparation to the game is off the chart and likely obsessed by film studying cause they always have different plan facing an opponent
Here even great players are negative affected by the loser environment

And if you don't think that Nadal & Djokovic take time off to recoup physically and mentally, which is part of the how and why they can grind it out, you know blessedly little about preparation.

'Grinding' players during training camp has precisely the opposite effect and result you are hoping for.

You can train smart or stupid, and your approach falls under the 'old school' stupid that no team uses today.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I may not agree with the entirety of your post, but I agree that Kingsbury is way too soft, that we lack discipline because of that, and that’s partially why we fall off later in the season.

Nobody 'worked' a team harder than George Allen with the 'Skins and they always failed, exhausted by the end of season.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i have been subjected to criticism cause i found pathetic giving 1 day off to a 24 years old qb(who missed already several practices this year due contract dispute)
The day off after 4 days of practice and just before the Sunday day off
To me looks really bad
Athletes are paid to be athlete and practice if there isn't an injury reason or family issues
Don't think this trend is a good signal at all
This team has the talent but lack discipline, winning attitude, that's why the performance drastically drop in the second half
So if Rodney Hudson has a case of violent diarrhea he should have to practice?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nobody 'worked' a team harder than George Allen with the 'Skins and they always failed, exhausted by the end of season.
Dude, that was 50 years ago:) He also always had the oldest roster in the league. Of course they were exhausted. Like anything in life, a happy medium might work.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i have been subjected to criticism cause i found pathetic giving 1 day off to a 24 years old qb(who missed already several practices this year due contract dispute)
The day off after 4 days of practice and just before the Sunday day off
To me looks really bad
Athletes are paid to be athlete and practice if there isn't an injury reason or family issues
Don't think this trend is a good signal at all
This team has the talent but lack discipline, winning attitude, that's why the performance drastically drop in the second half

Buddy he is having trouble with wrist pain. No need to make the issue worse before the season.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Someone is going to be playing football and I hope it's almost all starters for this entire season. Sometimes it almost seems better to just turn on the TV opening day to see who's playing instead of following how it all happens and the snake bit injuries, questions of training, all the gory details.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shawn Jefferson is one of our best coaching hires in years. I've been really impressed by him.

One thing to take from this is how much he talks about moving receivers around, which is something we have been notoriously bad at.

Also our receiving Corp is solid top 5. It's massively talked down.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson