Cards 2022 Training Camp July 26th

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're posting crap just to elicit a response, and if you are I apologize. But, if you really think this is Day Four for Kyler then you are giving Italians a bad name. And my Italian in-laws don't like it. Of course, I like it as I can tell them, "If you think, I'm stupid, you should read this message Board."
Uncalled for. 1 day timeout

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to practice on Saturday and here are my notes:

Nice turnout of Cardinals fans. Great to see so many young kids excited about the Cardinals.

Will Hernandez is a tank. Dude is big strong and athletic.

Isaiah Simmons played a ton of coverage today. I saw him covering several WRs during the practice. He covered Isabella stride for stride across the middle and was on him like glue while successfully defending the pass attempt. Simmons is freaky fast and athletic for a big guy.

Josh Jackson caught my eye. He looked decent out there at CB. Might need to rely on him a lot if the Cardinals can’t find CB help elsewhere.

Keeaontay Ingram really caught my eye. Dude is a big running back but looked really fluid out there running the ball. Keep an eye on this kid.

Cameron Thomas is a big boy. I initially mistook him for JJ Watt.

AJ Green had some nice catches. Need him to be more consistent this year.

Lots of Rondale Moore. Seemed like he was everywhere.

Ertz got a ton of action. Seemed to be a favorite of the backup QBs. He had several nice catches.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simmons is a bust, according to Vance. Very cool.

This is Vance’s actual quote:

Joseph said that Simmons’ numbers were “off the charts” last season, but did add that he gave up too many plays and the next evolution in his development will be limiting those.

“I think Isaiah is on his way to being a great player,” Joseph said. “He still has to obviously keep honing his skills and keep growing his football IQ.”

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Keeaontay Ingram really caught my eye. Dude is a big running back but looked really fluid out there running the ball. Keep an eye on this kid.

Ingram's thighs are bigger than my waist. Definitely some power there.

Keim did say Thomas has looked really impressive.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t understand… shouldn’t we be pleased that Vance finally realized that sticking Simmons in the box and having him read and shed is an incredibly poor idea?
It is a good thing that Vance finally realized that, but I expect a veteran NFL DC would realize it much quicker than some of us do.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Went to practice on Saturday and here are my notes:

Nice turnout of Cardinals fans. Great to see so many young kids excited about the Cardinals.

Will Hernandez is a tank. Dude is big strong and athletic.

Isaiah Simmons played a ton of coverage today. I saw him covering several WRs during the practice. He covered Isabella stride for stride across the middle and was on him like glue while successfully defending the pass attempt. Simmons is freaky fast and athletic for a big guy.

Josh Jackson caught my eye. He looked decent out there at CB. Might need to rely on him a lot if the Cardinals can’t find CB help elsewhere.

AJ Green had some nice catches. Need him to be more consistent this year.

Lots of Rondale Moore. Seemed like he was everywhere.

Ertz got a ton of action. Seemed to be a favorite of the backup QBs. He had several nice catches.
Glad to hear he looks good in the camp. He and Lecitus Smith are the only two picks I agreed with Keim in this draft.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Training camp coach speak is always scary. If consistency is the issue and they are giving more and new things to do, do you believe it will make him more consistent?
Hopefully they can find something he can be consistent with.

Last edited:

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Someone is going to line up and play football for the Cards this season. All these days off..the Cards need to be practicing.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i have been subjected to criticism cause i found pathetic giving 1 day off to a 24 years old qb(who missed already several practices this year due contract dispute)
The day off after 4 days of practice and just before the Sunday day off
To me looks really bad
Athletes are paid to be athlete and practice if there isn't an injury reason or family issues
Don't think this trend is a good signal at all
This team has the talent but lack discipline, winning attitude, that's why the performance drastically drop in the second half

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Year 3 and Vance is stating that he is learning multiple roles to play him in different matchups. You took this as a good thing. I have my doubts. Hopefully you are correct.

That was in reference to K9 taking Vance's comments out of context and saying that Vance called him a Bust:

Simmons is a bust, according to Vance. Very cool.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
i have been subjected to criticism cause i found pathetic giving 1 day off to a 24 years old qb(who missed already several practices this year due contract dispute)
To me looks really bad
Athletes are paid to be athlete and practice if there isn't an injury reason or family issues
This team has the talent but lack discipline, winning attitude, that's why the performance drastically drop in the second half
No, because our trenches suck arse

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, because our trenches suck arse
Agree but i was talking about the reason the team cant finish what they started
Is not just about depth
Is Mentality discipline and it starts from the top
Look at Nadal and djokovic, they are still the best at 35/36, they don't think about day off, watch them training, very competitive mentality in finding new stimuli and working their ass off constantly
They have amazing winning percentage in the 5th set, they never give up
their preparation to the game is off the chart and likely obsessed by film studying cause they always have different plan facing an opponent
Here even great players are negative affected by the loser environment

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To me looks really bad
I may not agree with the entirety of your post, but I agree that Kingsbury is way too soft, that we lack discipline because of that, and that’s partially why we fall off later in the season.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me looks really bad

Kyler showed up with the rookies so he has been there a week early. He made up his time missed

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose