Cards 2007 Head Coach

SMAC

Nobody Beats the Wiz!
Reaction score
The Cards will not go big-name for their next coach you can take that to the bank. Instead they will go the route of the Vikings (Childress), Rams (Linehan) and Saints (Payton) and take an assistant with zero years experience as a head coach. They went the name, re-tread, and money coach in Green and that didn't pan out. They won't hire anyone who has been a previous head coach in the league. Possibilities could include the following:

Mike Singletary (Asst. H.C. 49ers-minority interview)
Ron Rivera (D.C. Bears-minority interview)
Ken Whisenhunt (O.C. Steelers)
Mike Heimerdinger (Asst. H.C. Broncos)
Mike Tomlin (D.C. Vikings-minority interview)

These could be the names you will hear in January. Stay tuned.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

All theree of these are guys I'd really like to see in here.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Cards will not go big-name for their next coach you can take that to the bank. Instead they will go the route of the Vikings (Childress), Rams (Linehan) and Saints (Payton) and take an assistant with zero years experience as a head coach. They went the name, re-tread, and money coach in Green and that didn't pan out. They won't hire anyone who has been a previous head coach in the league. Possibilities could include the following:

Ken Whisenhunt (O.C. Steelers)
Mike Tomlin (D.C. Vikings-minority interview)

These could be the names you will hear in January. Stay tuned.

i am not going to knock on singletary, but i would like to see a more experince coach. i believe singletary would better serve with a couple more years coaching. just my opinion.

some realistic canidates
al saunders
cam cameron
donnie henderson
mike trgovac

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I have a ton of respect for Singletary, and therefore I wouldn't wish this job on him.

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
Im the only one that thinks Jim hasslet would make a awesome coach.Hes the def cord in st.louis.I think he got a raw deal in New Orleans.I don't know how someone could fire their coach.after what happend(katrina)..

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Cam Cameron?? God no.

Anyone see the job he did as coach of Indiana? No thanks.

Also, Hermidinger did a pretty lousy job as OC of the Jets, so I'm not as high on him as I am some of the other candidates.

In all honesty, I'd rather take a risk on someone like Singletary who will grow with the team, and who the players will respect and listen to. I really think he's the type you show patience with and watch grow (see Andy Reid in Philly).

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Cam Cameron?? God no.

Also, Hermidinger did a pretty lousy job as OC of the Jets, so I'm not as high on him as I am some of the other candidates.

In all honesty, I'd rather take a risk on someone like Singletary who will grow with the team, and who the players will respect and listen to. I really think he's the type you show patience with and watch grow (see Andy Reid in Philly).

What did you want Heimerdinger to do? He was stuck with Brooks Bollinger and Vinny Testaverde as his quarterbacks, and a broken-down Curtis Martin! No one could've made that offense run.

He seemed to do okay with the Tennessee offense.

Mike Singletary has virtually no real coaching experience. Is he even DC for the 49ers? How is he different from Coach Mac, who was a motivator but had no feel for how the game actually worked?

It's really hard to be the coach of a university like Indiana. Didn't he coach Seneca Wallace?

Andy Reid wasn't new to the job when he got hired in Philly. He'd coached with Bill Walsh in San Francisco and then worked for years under Holmgren, He was well-prepared to become a head coach. The story was that when he was hired, he had notebooks full of the people that he wanted to be his coordinators and position coaches. He wasn't "growing with the team", he lead it.

This team is talented enough to win now; if you bring in a guy who you hope learns how to be a head coach, there are a lot of guys that are going to quit on this franchise.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Well it's got to be a good one, Weis to me is it, beg him, show him the money, plead with him.

Show him Leinart, Boldin and Fitz plus show him a 6 year deal with his choice of assistants.

Buy him a house, a maid, a new car, and finally give him free cable, everyone loves free cable.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I see no reason to replace the defensive staff. This team need a spark, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the coaches and playcalling on the defensive side.

We need a leader and creative offensive coach IMO.

Gruden and Wisesenhunt top my list.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I see no reason to replace the defensive staff. This team need a spark, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the coaches and playcalling on the defensive side.

How were the Raiders in third-and-long situations yesterday? Are you sure there's nothing wrong with the defense?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Cameron?? God no.

Yeah it was really dumb of him to injure the QB's, mess up the knee of his best RB and then try to play the season.

You can't be serious they were starting Brooks Bollinger most of the year, Vinnie Testaverde had over 100 attempts. How could any OC be fairly judged when he's in that position due to injuries?

I have no idea if he's a future good HC or not, I think he is, but judging him on the Jets is just nuts.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Jeff Fisher
2a. Ron Rivera
2b. Mike Singletary
3. Russ Grimm

(it's interesting that 3 of the four on this list played for the '85 Bears.)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How were the Raiders in third-and-long situations yesterday? Are you sure there's nothing wrong with the defense?

I think they just got fed up with the offense and Rackers to be honest.

The defense just mailed in parts of the game.

Maybe I'm wrong but it sure seemed to me that the defense is sending a message to Denny Green, fix the damn offense. and that's all on the OL.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Well it's got to be a good one, Weis to me is it, beg him, show him the money, plead with him.

Show him Leinart, Boldin and Fitz plus show him a 6 year deal with his choice of assistants.

Buy him a house, a maid, a new car, and finally give him free cable, everyone loves free cable.

Weis has his dream job, he says he plans to be at ND until death or ND forces him out.

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
Bring Ditka in...Respected, Hard-Nosed and he can bring in Singletary as DC to learn how to take over when he leaves...I know most of you will think this is nuts... but he has ties to Fisher, Rivera and Singletary (all mentioned as PREFERRED candidates) during their best years as players...I say it is not a coincidence

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yea because those 12 yard cushions and back pedaling at the snap do wonders on Defense. I dont want to hear your scheme excuse either. No matter what the scheme it is a physical impossability to stop a 3rd and 5 and use that type of "scheme" yet we keep doing it and keep giving up 1st downs. Thats not counting all the 3rd and longs like 10+ yards we gave up on top of it yesterday.

Perderghast is a ****** and has no business coaching the defense anymore. If he cant see that the philosophy hes using isnt working? He needs to be gone too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dappy1