Cardinals trade pick #23 for Hollywood Brown

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
First this trade was done to appease Murray. Second if Murray starts making Brown his favorite target, Hopkins may not be a happy camper if he's not getting balls thrown his way enough and third the offense better score 35+ points a game because right now the defense isn't going to be stopping many teams as it stands now.
He's still gonna love throwing to Hopkins to get the first. Brown's gonna be the guy when Kyler decides its time for a 40 yard gain.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
One thing I am sure of, this has been the weirdest draft day I've ever witnessed, between my mediocre excitement and the lack of explosive exciting players being picked, I'm actually just watching YouTube fails with the TV on mute lol

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Trade might not have been on the table later. Like someone else speculated, they might have traded down targeting Burks, who was gone two picks later.
If it does not, so be it. I personally am not a big fan of trading 1st round draft picks to players who are due for a new deal, unless they're the best of the best in their positions, like Donald, Ramsey, Garret...

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wasn't Moore supposed to be what they were hoping Isabella was too? Three draft assets now to fill the same roll.
The thing is Rondale was never a deep threat in college. Hollywood was a downfield wr. We never even tried to use Isabella for short passes. Im not sure we've quite solved the Kirk role yet. Either Rondale takes the next step or I'd move Hopkins to the slot.

I never would have thought this out of college, but Kirk seems to have the better top-end speed to me. I think Hollywood will get more YAC, but wont be burning teams out of the slot like Kirk was IMO. Again different guys. Still hoping it works out.

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
I hope Kliff knows him and Kirk are totally different players. If anything you hope Hollywood is what they were hoping Isabella would be.

Brown is absolutely the perfect fit to pick up where Kirk left off. Scared shitless, 0 ball skills, and questionable hands.

Anyone remember this game?

The WR pool was way too deep for Keim in this draft. He had to scrape up the sub-5'10 receiver with bad hands from within the league this time.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Here in Nashville the consensus is the trade is a big win for AZ. Paired with Hopkins, he’ll blow away last year’s numbers. Moving to a pass first team, he’ll spread the field. They can’t double-team him like they did in Baltimore because of Hopkins.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
l
Last year Brown was the #1 threat on a run first team with a QB that just isn't great at the deep ball. Now Brown is #2 and he already has great chemistry with our QB. He didn't have drop problems when Kyler was throwing to him. You think he's gonna put up 750 yards? Washed up AJ Green put up 848 yards last year on the outside. He had no real break away speed and it was painfully clear that he wasn't always on the same page as Kyler. Brown is gonna top that easy. Brown can really take the top off a defense and you know Kyler loves to go for the deep shot.
I sincerely hope you’re right. I don’t want to be right, I just don’t like this trade. Although, I didn’t know about the 3rd back until a little while ago.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hollywood Brown was at the Cardinals draft party so this trade must've been organized way earlier than our pick.
Ok I'll stop the poo pooing after this. However, you have Ravens fans who think Hollywood as a complete WR isn't that much better than Kyler's cousin in Devin Duvernay. He's more of a slot guy but we should see a spike in production since Lamar wont have to force passes to the outside as much. Since he's better throwing over the middle.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here in Nashville the consensus is the trade is a big win for AZ. Paired with Hopkins, he’ll blow away last year’s numbers. Moving to a pass first team, he’ll spread the field. They can’t double-team him like they did in Baltimore because of Hopkins.
Good stuff Harry. I love the trade and also having antlers 3rd rounder.

OE_Thunder

Rookie
Reaction score
Hollywood was probably worth a 3rd. Going in to his final contract year, needs to be paid, barely cracked 1k yards one time.. I like bringing him in, but the price is awful
Acutally, he has 2 years left. Barely cracked 1k yards while getting double teamed all year and with a backup qb for 1/2 the year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose