Cardinals trade pick #23 for Hollywood Brown

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he was the #1 WR in Baltimore. Are people really impressed that a #1 WR BARELY got 1000 yards? I’m predicting 45 catches for 700 yards and 3 TD’s next season. Then he walks and we are out a young player that we could have developed or had an impact on the cheap.

Lamar Jackson can't hit the side of a barn at 30 yards

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Have you watched them play though? They don't throw the ball that much. Lamar is great but they're a running team
I have, quite a bit due to FF and Directv. Hollywood has always struck me as very inconsistent and someone who drops passes more than he should. Kind of like Kirk in that you never really know who is showing up.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
While he will drop some passes I just wanted to point out that he has 15 drops in his 3 year career on 317 targets. Not the most sure handed guy, but he isn't gonna be dropping passes every game or even every other game for that matter.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have, quite a bit due to FF and Directv. Hollywood has always struck me as very inconsistent and someone who drops passes more than he should. Kind of like Kirk in that you never really know who is showing up.

True but he's a legit take the top off guy. He can play outside or inside(says Kliff) and he's cheaper than Kirk. And he and Kyler have chemistry.

I love AJ Brown but the cost difference is enormous

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
First this trade was done to appease Murray. Second if Murray starts making Brown his favorite target, Hopkins may not be a happy camper if he's not getting balls thrown his way enough and third the offense better score 35+ points a game because right now the defense isn't going to be stopping many teams as it stands now.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hollywood Brown and KM played together in college

I tend to agree, but had no way of knowing he would have been there when making the trade.
Then the question is, why made the trade that early, Keim? Didn't you want to take a look at who is available at our pick first before making any decision?

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
True but he's a legit take the top off guy. He can play outside or inside(says Kliff) and he's cheaper than Kirk. And he and Kyler have chemistry.

I love AJ Brown but the cost difference is enormous
Yeah, there’s no way we could afford AJ Brown, I wanted Allen Robinson. He’s going to be a monster this year.

I just envision Kliff saying “NOW WE CAN HAVE BUBBLE SCREENS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE FIELD!!!!”. and that’s the extent of Moore/Brown next year.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Then the question is, why made the trade that early, Keim? Didn't you want to take a look at who is available at our pick first before making any decision?

Trade might not have been on the table later. Like someone else speculated, they might have traded down targeting Burks, who was gone two picks later.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
don’t lump me in with that, not true
Last year Brown was the #1 threat on a run first team with a QB that just isn't great at the deep ball. Now Brown is #2 and he already has great chemistry with our QB. He didn't have drop problems when Kyler was throwing to him. You think he's gonna put up 750 yards? Washed up AJ Green put up 848 yards last year on the outside. He had no real break away speed and it was painfully clear that he wasn't always on the same page as Kyler. Brown is gonna top that easy. Brown can really take the top off a defense and you know Kyler loves to go for the deep shot.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I also think Hop will be moved next off-season.
Wouldnt shock me.
Trade might not have been on the table later. Like someone else speculated, they might have traded down targeting Burks, who was gone two picks later.
Yea Ravens blew it by simply not moving up to get Jameson Wiliams 12 or Olave at 11.

Could have still used the Cards to get Linderbaum. They misjudged the board.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there’s no way we could afford AJ Brown, I wanted Allen Robinson. He’s going to be a monster this year.

I just envision Kliff saying “NOW WE CAN HAVE BUBBLE SCREENS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE FIELD!!!!”. and that’s the extent of Moore/Brown next year.

You have to think outside the box. Bubble screen to Rondale who when throws across another bubble screen to Hollywood!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose