Cardinals sign left tackle D.J. Humphries to a three-year extension!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We can also look at this from another perspective, let's go back to 2010-2012.

On November 16, 2010, D'Anthony Batiste was signed by the Arizona Cardinals after starting right tackle Brandon Keith suffered an injury. In 2011, he was declared inactive in 12 games and played in 4. In 2012, he started 10 games at left tackle, before being passed on the depth chart by Nate Potter.

Humphries is starting to look pretty good when you recall some of the others who have played tackle for the Cardinals. The aforementioned guys are the Yugo you traded in for that Chevy Spark in my previous post. You still paid too much for the Chevy but at least your not driving a Yugo anymore.
Batiste is the single worst OL I can remember. Anyone remember that game where Robert Quinn almost singlehandedly beat the Cardinals by himself because he was owning Batiste every play? The Cardinals started 4-0 that season with Kolb at QB.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The alternative would have been drafting Tristan Wirfs in 2020 instead of Simmons who they don't even know how to use.

Hell I'd take Wirfs or Becton even rather than overpay this much.
In fairness, investing more in the OL and less on hybrid defensive players probably would have changed this situation.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In fairness, investing more in the OL and less on hybrid defensive players probably would have changed this situation.
We would be overpaying for WRs instead, arguably costing even more money.

*BacksAwayBecauseI'mDefendingKeim*

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Batiste is the single worst OL I can remember. Anyone remember that game where Robert Quinn almost singlehandedly beat the Cardinals by himself because he was owning Batiste every play? The Cardinals started 4-0 that season with Kolb at QB.
How that team somehow beat the Patriots, in NE, while not even playing all that well is one of the greatest mysteries in sports history.

I think that Pats team won the Super Bowl that year also.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kirk? Chandler Jones?

Naw.

The real mistake was letting Reddick go last offseason. I'd feel much better with him on the roster right now.
I keep having this recurring nightmare that Chandler racks up 5 sacks against us in week 2 & Reddick does something similar to us when we play the Eagles.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
100% indicator that Josh Jones is not viewed as any sort of quality LT. If you are comfortable with him you wouldn't have given Hump that contract.

Expecting anything from Josh Jones at this point is sticking your head in the sand. Even if you think that he may continue to develop, all of the moves the Cardinals have made show they are not comfortable with having him on the field at any starting spot if they can help it.
Does anyone still think that Jones is a LT? No one can be sold on him being a RT either. He's just one of those guys that is good to have around for OL flexibility. If you go back & watch all the replays from last year, so many of the OL blunders were either Jones or Garcia. Wow! Garcia was awful.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would love to see Jalen Thompson get an extension next. Baker's cap number and Simmons sometimes S role will make it tricky but I still hope it gets done.

Upon further review, Baker's cap number is not that bad in terms of a Jalen extension. Just get it done Keim.
Agree 100%. Jalen may very well be the best defensive player on our roster.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Does anyone still think that Jones is a LT? No one can be sold on him being a RT either. He's just one of those guys that is good to have around for OL flexibility. If you go back & watch all the replays from last year, so many of the OL blunders were either Jones or Garcia. Wow! Garcia was awful.
He has been subbing in for The Captain at LT the first week of camp which is why I brought it up.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you look at how many resources we have thrown at the WR position over just the past 5 years you would recognize that we already are.
I meant cash specifically vs draft picks, but point taken.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Heard on 98.7 yesterday that he is just the second 1st round pick to sign a third contract with the team since they moved to Arizona (along with Larry). Unsure if anyone beyond the first round has seen three (Dansby, but not consecutively I don’t think — unsure of Dockett or Adrian Wilson.. those are the ones that come to mind).

Pat P played here for like 10 years, but signed a long 7 year extension so never saw a third contract.