Cardinals sign DL Carlos Watkins on a one-year contract

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you ever run a mock draft where you made 15 picks? You quickly realize it's too many players.
Yeah. And about 7 or 8 of those picks would be rounds 5 to 7. Will Anderson is the best player in this draft. If he is as great as everyone thinks he will be, he will be worth a lot more than a bunch of lower round picks.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I'd take 2 first round cbs with a team that wants to offer a deal to trade up. Taking Anderson is worth considering in that he might be special. But cb is hard to find like a pass rusher.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd take 2 first round cbs with a team that wants to offer a deal to trade up. Taking Anderson is worth considering in that he might be special. But cb is hard to find like a pass rusher.

If it were confirmed that good CBs are as hard to find as pass rushers, it would be reflected in the price of Tags and Free agent compensation.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But every CB's can look worse without adequate pass rushers
Although a team with very good pass rushers can make their cbs looks better then they are, and not viceversa, so which is the most important position to upgrade?

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
But every CB'sin can look worse without adequate pass rushers
Although a team with very good pass rushers can make their cbs looks better then they are, and not viceversa, so which is the most important position to upgrade?
I think it depends on what happens in the draft. Nobody knows where Anderson will be drafted anyways. I would still trade down if the offer was right. It might not matter as Lamar Jackson the rb that plays qb might change that whole scenario where Anderson is a lock.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
If it were confirmed that good CBs are as hard to find as pass rushers, it would be reflected in the price of Tags and Free agent compensation.
Well being that this is an unproven rookie draft pick; that makes this different. I think the Cards should consider everything and if they deem him special then take Anderson. But they need to upgrade their lines and need picks. Won't matter if players get eaten up because of poor line play.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
One factor many don't consider is that we fall in love with the particular draft class every year. It's hard to rate players from this draft class against others. Just because the players are the best of this class, it doesn't mean that they are worth it. Next years class for example looks much better on paper.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Nope, a premier pass rusher is far more valuable and a lot harder to find since the rules make a CB an afterthought even when he is playing well it seems... you want to stop an offense, get to the QB :raccoon:

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Nope, a premier pass rusher is far more valuable and a lot harder to find since the rules make a CB an afterthought even when he is playing well it seems... you want to stop an offense, get to the QB
Won't matter if the line sucks

Cole

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This stuff irritates me. This guy is worth a 1-year contract is worth whatever is left in his playing career. You might not get him to sign all of it but let's get past these one year deals and get to three or four year deals.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Won't matter if the line sucks
Well, you have to start somewhere. An elite pass rusher is difficult to find. Rumor has it that a lot of pass rushers have been known to play on the defensive line... so your response is sort of like why take time to even type that, but ASFN takes 'for the sake of argument' to lofty heights lol

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Hint: The edge plays on the line ;)
I'm talking about the interior. We need to push the center and interior back into the quarterback so they don't just take care of the rusher because of general weak pressure.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Indeed. Also, good CBs are a lot worse when they aren't protected by a good pass rush generated by good edge players
What good pass rush? This team needs everything; especially any semblance of a line on both sides of the ball.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
To put him on the roster an evaluate him, and the entire roster next year.
Meh. Then everyone else gets to evaluate him too. Or have we forgotten how few prove it deals we have resigned after that season? Also means if he proves worthy he becomes more expensive. And at 29 he’s likely not part of a future if this is a rebuild (that’s seemingly only tearing down and not actually rebuilding thus far).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose