Cardinals sign Chris Rainey, whom Steelers cut over domestic violence allegation

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry so far he has been a good citizen. His college coach did him a favor and saved his life by cutting him. Then the Peterson's Family took him in for that year and really taught him what a real family life should be like. Now he has grown up and is a credit to himself, the Cardinals, the NFL and our community.

So before calling him a Thug. get your story straight.

BOBCAT

I'd love this except for the fact you don't know the guy from Adam and you have no clue what his true character is.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Don't they already have a whole investigative unit that is supposed to do just that? They obviously haven't put a whole lot of concern into domestic violence. It looks like that is about to change.

I don't know. Is it for people who have been accused?

Seems like they might have to vet anybody who wants to come into the league, sign a new contract, etc.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TM hasn't doesn't anything lately to deserve being called a thug.

oops. Didn't read back far enough to see he was talking about Mathieu not Rainey. :slap:

That said, we still don't know richard about these guys. No one had a clue AP did a bad thing one week ago. None of us know the Badger's character either. Really, we are just crossing our fingers with him.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
oops. Didn't read back far enough to see he was talking about Mathieu not Rainey.

That said, we still don't know richard about these guys. No one had a clue AP did a bad thing one week ago. None of us know the Badger's character either. Really, we are just crossing our fingers with him.

Badger twittered me so he is good.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
TM hasn't doesn't anything lately to deserve being called a thug.

I'm confused anyway--why exactly is he being called a thug? Because he kept smoking weed? Did he hurt someone? Am I missing part of the story?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, I wouldn't call someone who smokes pot a thug. Call him an idiot? Sure, thats fair. While I disagree with the league's policy on pot, you'd still have to be an idiot to risk you career for some weed.

But to lump him in with guys who beat the crap out of their wives, girl-friends and kids? That's really unfair. The only victim of Tyrann's mistakes is himself, he is not some scumbag who gets his rocks off making weaker people bleed.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry...!!! Never knew that you knew him. So how is he a thug? Please let us know how he is?

bobcat

Don't know that he is anymore than you know he isn't. I never called him a "thug".

But, I wouldn't bet 5$ that he didn't do to his gf what she (with pics) and the cops say he did.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm confused anyway--why exactly is he being called a thug? Because he kept smoking weed? Did he hurt someone? Am I missing part of the story?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

No one called him a thug. Someone said Rainey should not be judged because Mathieu hasn't messed up since he was drafted.

Drugs = domestice violence is a false equivalency.

Rainey = Mathieu is false equivalency #2.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you believe you are a legend in your own mind.

you still trusting Arians did his due diligence by talking to Dwyer about Rainey... you know... Dwyer, the guy who just got busted for BEATING HIS FREAKING WIFE AND KID?!

Sometimes, it's okay to just admit that your own team screwed the pooch and deserve the bashing that you have given other teams who screwed the pooch in the same manner.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you still trusting Arians did his due diligence by talking to Dwyer about Rainey... you know... Dwyer, the guy who just got busted for BEATING HIS FREAKING WIFE AND KID?!

Sometimes, it's okay to just admit that your own team screwed the pooch and deserve the bashing that you have given other teams who screwed the pooch in the same manner.

How anybody could defend the Cards and their alleged "due diligence" is beyond me. This reminds me of my kids saying they "looked" for something but in reality they quickly poked their head in the bedrooms took a quick glance and said "I can't find it".

The Cards and every other team (before all these events) were following the NFL's lead. Which for the most part is, turn a blind eye if it helps your franchise or makes you some money.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 1m
Cardinals sign RB Kerwynn Williams to practice squad. No word yet on whether this means RB Chris Rainey is being bumped up to replace Dwyer.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter 2m
#Azcardinals also cut RB Chris Rainey from the practice squad, replacing him with ex-Colts RB Kerwynn Williams.

:thewave:

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter 2m
#Azcardinals also cut RB Chris Rainey from the practice squad, replacing him with ex-Colts RB Kerwynn Williams.

:thewave:

Note to BASK:

Don't sign any more of these idiots pretty please, with sugar on it! You can't control what MAY happen but you sure don't need to make the odds better signing a guy who ALREADY has been there, done that.

I don't care how much "due diligence" you think you did, a leopard doesn't change its spots very often.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard