Cardinals looking at trading for QB Colt McCoy??

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Paging Duckjake.

:grabs:

Last edited:

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why not, they Have PP and a second round pick, don't they? My God, if this team trades for either of those two this would have to go down as the dumbest, slowest learning coaching staff in sports history.

The right thing to do would be to play out this season and then do whatever is necessary to get one of the top two QB prospects in April's draft.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Yes! I really believe Colt can be a better than solid QB in Wizs pass first O & better than what we have...and that's not the Longhorn talking in me. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be anything more than an 5th or 6th rd.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Thanks for posting (is front page on cbssports), but I just don't see much there "there remains a possibility of bringing in a QB... league sources say other options could arise." Of course there's always a chance, but doesn't seem to be a true inside story like Shefter's report may be.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Id take McCoy, give him a shot at least. I never thought he was bad. He was barely given a chance with a horrible team and no recievers.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Only difference between Jake and Colt is that Jake was a far better scrambler in the pocket and had a NFL arm in comparison to pop gun McCoy... But Colt is more accurate than anyone we have on the roster at the moment... it is looking more and more to me like Kolb might be cut if he is not the starter.

Last edited:

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Only difference between Jake and Colt is that Jake was a far better scrambler in the pocket and had a NFL arm in comparison to pop gun McCoy... But Colt is more accurate than anyone we have on the roster at the moment... it is looking more and more to me like Kolb might be cut if he is not the starter.

I would like to know if it is a possibility Kolb gets cut? From my understanding the big part of the contract was the signing bonus and the bonus they paid him after Peyton chose Denver. Whats his salary this year? Anyone know?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
1 million dollars

Attachments

• 1 million dollars.jpeg
    1 million dollars.jpeg
    7.2 KB · Views: 665

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We apparently had interest in Garrard this offseason, so exploring a trade for McCoy now doesn't sound terribly far-fetched.

http://sulia.com/channel/miami-dolphins/f/be4e9dd0-0e1b-414c-8512-7602c3864872/?source=twitter

Benjamin Volin
7 days ago
According to a league source, the first team to contact David Garrard this offseason was in the AFC East, but not the #Dolphins:

It was the Jets, who wanted insurance for Mark Sanchez.

The Dolphins, Chiefs, Bears, Eagles and Cardinals then contacted Garrard, and the Dolphins offered him the best chance to start in 2012.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
at this point our QB situation is so dire i'd be ok if the cardinals brought in extra competition.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I was not serious when I said We will cut Skelton, like Leinart and start Colt like DA, last week. -

the good news 38 passes to 28 runs for 112 yards
followed by 28 passes to 24 rushes for 153 yards.
With our 5th or 4th Rbs.

John Skelton can do well in a balanced system, He may need 2 years starting before he reaches 85% potential and then stretch the system into more like Whiz wants, Big ben had a top run game and defense - but not great passing as he won as a rookie.

Does Whiz have that patients? Kolb can get back into the competition, but His disposition looks like Leinart under Whiz's nutthumping pressures, without the 100+ Qb ratings.

I think Skelton has a high potential even if he never develops top quality accuracy.

Kolb is fully developed.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I root for Colt, but he reminds me of Max Hall. In fact I like Travaris Jackson better, but don't want him either. Bottom line, I'd stay with what we have and, if necessary, address the QB issue in next year's draft.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I root for Colt, but he reminds me of Max Hall. In fact I like Travaris Jackson better, but don't want him either. Bottom line, I'd stay with what we have and, if necessary, address the QB issue in next year's draft.

The problem is that there just aren't that many good QBs coming out of college. Especially where the Cards have been drafting. The Leinart failure was a killer because there just hasn't been anyone we could draft who was any better than what we have now.

We also need to be more patient with our guys.

Look how long it's been since a QB was drafted who eventually won a Super Bowl:

Eli Manning 2005
Rodgers and Roethlisberger 2004
Brees 2001
Brady 2000
Peyton Manning 1998

It's even been a long time since the losing QB was drafted.

(Of course the results are skewed by it being 10 years since an AFC team other than Pittsburgh, Indy and NE played in the SB.)

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
To talk about the topic, tho I don't think the Cardinals are going to trade for a QB, even though I think it is a good idea.

Anyway here is who I like in order of preference:

- Matt Moore
- Colt McCoy
- Tavarris Jackson

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone coming available has no room for growth and I would prefer giving skelton a chance to develop into more than they ever will be and then keep working on lindley and draft another.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You trade for McCoy if you are planning on cutting Kolb. If not, why waste the resources it will take to get him. Also, it is really late in the game to try and acquire a starter (learning the offense and all) so anyone brought in would sit behind Skelton who was can all agree is not going anywhere. Interesting, and I could see the move happening if Kolb bombs in the Oakland game.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Everyone coming available has no room for growth and I would prefer giving skelton a chance to develop into more than they ever will be and then keep working on lindley and draft another.

I agree with this, provided the Kolb experiment officially becomes a failure. If the offense is as complicated as people say it is, our best chance would to be develop the QBs on the roster right now rather than try and plug-and-play during the regular season.

Either way, unless Kolb does his best Matt Leinart impersonation and throws the team and coaches under the bus in the media, he will be on the roster this season.

Skumbag

Registered
Reaction score
The OL made their decision on what QB they want. They may as well have a red cape taunting the defense through to get to Kolb.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson