Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And to be honest, whether positive, negative, or neutral, I don’t see how we can talk Kyler when the guy might not even play next season. That’s a lot of talk for little to no action. Just screams boredom tbh

Probably should shift the talk of players that will play from start whether FA, Trades, or Draft.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, with the options we have remaining as HCs, I am more into the idea of stripping this down to parts and moving on from Kyler. I don't have much faith in any of these candidates being able to take the time to figure out how to connect with our mercurial QB as well as build a competitive roster under the weight of a bloated QB contract. It is just too much to overcome IMO. I am sure you can still get a first rounder for Kyler with how many desperate QB teams there are. I am confident the new GM will have more success building a roster with a rookie QB vs a 45 mil QB when both probably need an improved offensive line and running game to be successful. Kyler is going to be 26 when the season starts and has never been a candidate to play well into his 30s, especially for a losing franchise. Kyler also isn't the QB who will tolerate a rebuild. Both parties would be best served just moving on at this point.

Flame away.
That’s why I’m all in for bringing in a QB that could be a real threat and competition for Kyler. Bridgewater or even Minshew ( not that I love either one) might work. However it beats the hell out of McSoreley and a lot more longevity than McCoy. Or maybe even spend a 3rd round pick. They kinda worked out for the Eagles.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s why I’m all in for bringing in a QB that could be a real threat and competition for Kyler. Bridgewater or even Minshew ( not that I love either one) might work. However it beats the hell out of McSoreley and a lot more longevity than McCoy. Or maybe even spend a 3rd round pick. They kinda worked out for the Eagles.
One thing about the Eagles is that they have been strong in the trenches for a very long time. Just like Wentz, Jalen had the blessing of walking into a situation like that.

We need to build the trenches. Sometime today, tomorrow, next Monday. We need to use premium capital. We haven’t done so for a long, long time.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
One thing about the Eagles is that they have been strong in the trenches for a very long time. Just like Wentz, Jalen had the blessing of walking into a situation like that.

We need to build the trenches. Sometime today, tomorrow, next Monday. We need to use premium capital. We haven’t done so for a long, long time.
Agree with this.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My point is we need to bring somebody in that can compete. Hopefully Murray can heal and smash any competition.
But even a rookie or the guys mentioned would benefit NEXT year under a new staff and improve trenches.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That kills the Sean Payton dream.
No it doesnt.
The Saints have to believe payton is out of options and Az is willing to walk away...otherwise they wont lower their asking price.
Until we actually hire a guy, payton is still in the mix...
But ya never know, payton screwed NO when he bailed on them...maybe they just want to screw him back.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bottom line is Mickey Loomis is just getting even. Payton bailed. Now he wants to coach again and perhaps Loomis is basically sticking up his middle finger.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He injured his shoulder.

Now keep it moving Cheese.
And yet his shoulder looked fine when he played the terrible Eagles D one week before he totally crapped the bed against the Niners JV’s JV squad the next week where he could have clinched the playoffs at home.

But yes, of course, keep the excuse train moving.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I have lost hope for us getting Payote. I just cannot see any reason he would be so silent about it after all these days now if he were seriously thinking he would come here. I will be shocked if he does after so long.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Cards are within sight of the record for interviewing the most HC prospects in the history of the league. At least it seems that way!

VJ to Bidwill in a certain reality.

You must be registered for see images attach

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
The Cards are within sight of the record for interviewing the most HC prospects in the history of the league. At least it seems that way!
Well Michael did say he would cast a wide net lol

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I still say the holdup is Mickey Loomis. He is holding Payton hostage for draft capital.

Get over yourself dude you AINT (lol) getting what you want!!! Will get a helluva lot less next season if you keep your ignorant demands up.
This exactly, the shadow of Loomis looms over these negotiations heavy... snare tap

or you could say Loomis needs to stop smoking all the payote

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And yet his shoulder looked fine when he played the terrible Eagles D one week before he totally crapped the bed against the Niners JV’s JV squad the next week where he could have clinched the playoffs at home.

But yes, of course, keep the excuse train moving.
Ok lets assume he was fine that game. He played bad vs the 49ers and was knocked out of the game of the season.

He clearly was impacted the Seahawks, Patriots, Rams, Giants games in terms of zip on the football. Chris Simms noted his throwing motion being elongated.

But its fine Cheese. You can find 2020 or summer 2021 threads to bump and reply to old stuff thats already been hashed off. Seem like you're looking for an excuse to waste time.

Have at it..

and keep it moving.