Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very stupid to fire KK only to replace him with VJ, someone no other team bothered to interview, or some hot name assistant position coach that made it to the playoffs this year.

Better off just sticking with KK and see what he can do with a competent GM and staff for another year.
Disagree. KK is not an NFL Head Coach - he made players worse, and never learned.

Unless you wanted to tank next season as well.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Did we throw cap space, money, draft capital, 4 years of the same coaching at him? Of course that’s true, the quality of such was the problem.

You can say all that while also acknowledging Kyler’s issues.
This I agree with and we should get an answer with the new staff. Kyler should get a NFL offense that he is going to have to show he can run. Kyler is going to be held accountable by a GM and HC that have no ties to him as a draft pick. I don't know that Kyler is going to get more offensive talent with the new GM but hopefully the offense roster will be more consistent year to year. (2021 season before Hopkins got hurt was a decent collection of talent when you look at it.)

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I am hoping this is just a due diligence + make Saints sweat the compensation thing. But the time is nigh to **** or get off the pot, we could blow it and end up with no-one interested
This is what I’m clinging on to right now lol

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
This I agree with and we should get an answer with the new staff. Kyler should get a NFL offense that he is going to have to show he can run. Kyler is going to be held accountable by a GM and HC that have no ties to him as a draft pick. I don't know that Kyler is going to get more offensive talent with the new GM but hopefully the offense roster will be more consistent year to year. (2021 season before Hopkins got hurt was a decent collection of talent when you look at it.)
100% Kyler is getting a second chance(unless it’s Vance) to show how good he can be. But it’s up to him to take advantage of this opportunity. He says he wants to win championships then it’s time to grow up, become a true pro, and become the best QB he can be.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not saying one philosophy could have changed everything. But I really think if Keim focused on young Oline talent in 2020 and 2021 things might have turned out differently. A little for Keim, but a lot for Kliff and Kyler.

Im not seeing a world beating scheme in Philadelphia. However, their ability to infuse that Oline with young talent to their already great vets is impressive.

How the Chiefs reloaded on Oline with Trey Smith, Creed Humphrey. Niang was actually decent for the before getting hurt.

Rodney Huson was a good move in theory but thats where you need advanced scouting to inform you just how much he has left in the tank.

Succeed or fail with Kyler I at least think Monti is going to work to improve the trenches.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Honestly, with the options we have remaining as HCs, I am more into the idea of stripping this down to parts and moving on from Kyler. I don't have much faith in any of these candidates being able to take the time to figure out how to connect with our mercurial QB as well as build a competitive roster under the weight of a bloated QB contract. It is just too much to overcome IMO. I am sure you can still get a first rounder for Kyler with how many desperate QB teams there are. I am confident the new GM will have more success building a roster with a rookie QB vs a 45 mil QB when both probably need an improved offensive line and running game to be successful. Kyler is going to be 26 when the season starts and has never been a candidate to play well into his 30s, especially for a losing franchise. Kyler also isn't the QB who will tolerate a rebuild. Both parties would be best served just moving on at this point.

Flame away.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly, with the options we have remaining as HCs, I am more into the idea of stripping this down to parts and moving on from Kyler. I don't have much faith in any of these candidates being able to take the time to figure out how to connect with our mercurial QB as well as build a competitive roster under the weight of a bloated QB contract. It is just too much to overcome IMO. I am sure you can still get a first rounder for Kyler with how many desperate QB teams there are. I am confident the new GM will have more success building a roster with a rookie QB vs a 45 mil QB when both probably need an improved offensive line and running game to be successful. Kyler is going to be 26 when the season starts and has never been a candidate to play well into his 30s, especially for a losing franchise. Kyler also isn't the QB who will tolerate a rebuild. Both parties would be best served just moving on at this point.

Flame away.
I bet nobody is trading a 1st for a short QB coming off an ACL tear who might not be the most joyous to be around.

Monti should have never gotten the job if he didn’t have confidence of building the roster up to a competent standard compared to what the previous guy was doing before him.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Flame away.

And what exactly do you actually know about the candidates that lead you to conclude that a tear-down is in order?

Percentage of Cap absorbed by KM Contact going forward:

2024: 20.39% - 2025: 14.67% - 2026: 11.75% - 2027: 6.42%

FYI: KC is competitive with a $46.7m QB, a $30.1m D-end, a $28.2m DT and a $22.1m Guard. A total of 7 players over $11m.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose