Cardinals @ Cowboys postgame thread

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We have a stable of backs no doubt....conner,edmonds,Benjamin,, and....ward is it?
All those guys come to play hard every week.
It's a sign of good coaching....maybe give some credit to player selection too
Chase Edmonds and RBs production credit goes to Keim and Coaches both..

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can't believe how much different of a game VJ called today. Last week they weren't blitzing, even rushed 3 on a key play late in the game and got burned. Today he was bringing bodies like Todd Bowles was back in town. Unfortunately, they didn't get a ton of pressure, which is troubling, but overall, IT WORKED. Murphy had a career-bad day, but he'll bounce back.

Most impressive to me was the Cards' last drive. ALL the momentum was in the Cowturds favor, and I was sure that Kliff would try to get cute on that last drive and there would be a quick 3-and-out, punt, then Dallas cruises to the game-winning drive. But NO, that final possession was absolutely brilliant. Nice of the refs to help by blowing YET ANOTHER delay of game call (why doesn't the NFL fix this???) and MAYBE allow a fumble on the Edmonds carry (looked like he was down to me, but that doesn't seem to be the consensus opinion).

A much-needed win and now hopefully they can turn the corner from that bad streak and enter the playoffs on a high note. Great win.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I can't believe how much different of a game VJ called today. Last week they weren't blitzing, even rushed 3 on a key play late in the game and got burned. Today he was bringing bodies like Todd Bowles was back in town. Unfortunately, they didn't get a ton of pressure, which is troubling, but overall, IT WORKED. Murphy had a career-bad day, but he'll bounce back.

Most impressive to me was the Cards' last drive. ALL the momentum was in the Cowturds favor, and I was sure that Kliff would try to get cute on that last drive and there would be a quick 3-and-out, punt, then Dallas cruises to the game-winning drive. But NO, that final possession was absolutely brilliant. Nice of the refs to help by blowing YET ANOTHER delay of game call (why doesn't the NFL fix this???) and MAYBE allow a fumble on the Edmonds carry (looked like he was down to me, but that doesn't seem to be the consensus opinion).

A much-needed win and now hopefully they can turn the corner from that bad streak and enter the playoffs on a high note. Great win.
I didn’t like how Cowpukes ran the same exact play for touchdowns. It shows no adjustment on our defense.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
CLUTCH last drive to an otherwise mehhh 4th quarter from the offense.

I gave Simmons hell & while he did play really bad for most of the game, he stepped up & made a key moment which pretty much daggered the game.

Wesley has stepped up big time recently. What a catch.

Byron needs to step it up. Good Lord.

Josh Jones is a penalty magnet, but he’s much better at Tackle than Guard.

Playing teams at their full strength >>>>> them being ravaged by COVID.

Zach Allen might be the best DL on our team now.

Kyler doesn’t lose in AT&T stadium.
Agreed with all. Byron...wow, did he absolutely SUCK out loud today. ZA is probably our best DL, but that isn't a good thing. But you nailed all the positives, too. Ugly win in the end, but we needed to find a way to win like that.

My biggest gripe is that we waited until the pressure was off--once we had already backed into the playoffs--before putting together a win like this. Would have been great to do this last week, or the week before. Still, I will take it. Especially against the Cowpukes!

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is there a scenario where we face them again in the WC or second round (should we get there)?
Yeah right now we are the 5th seed and they are the fourth seed so there is a strong chance we play them again in two weeks. Kinda scary, I don’t like playing a team twice in such a short amount of time, especially when we beat them.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Kyler's absolutely played great minus the 14 yard sack that gifted Cowboys a TD.

Kliff outclassed Mike McCarthy.

If I need to show grit on this team, I will show you Chase Edmonds every single time.
And the boneheaded pick dropped in the end zone, and the handful of overthrows. He certainly didn't look great. Weirdly enough, I'm kind of HAPPY he wasn't great. This way he showed, when he isn't playing at his absolute best, he can still slog out the W. Good game by KM.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just went into Dallas and beat what many around them NFL were calling the best team in the NFC. It’s a HUGE win and puts us back on the map to maybe make some noise in the playoffs. How can we not be happy? This team was missing all kinds of talent as well. Dallas had EVERYONE healthy.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson