Cardinals at Titans postgame thread

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Ugh. I hate fighting with you after a wonderful win, but come on man, the Chiefs have the NFL's premiere QB, and a ton of skill players. They have a coaching staff that is packed full of proven coaches. Don't overdo one win.
Thats my point though....no team has no ifs.

The Cardinals had a ton of holes last year and still finished 8-8.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Just get my cousin a five star steak dinner on next weeks game. He’s a huge Vikings fan and damn I want to be right!!!

Isaiah showed up huge today folks. He even made a couple nice hole plugs on Henry. It was an elite day for him IMO.

great job by All three CBs too. Unbelievable. Especially Marco. Alford and Byron have some street smarts in them but Marco held his own against an elite unit.

Great great win.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Thats my point though....no team has no ifs.

The Cardinals had a ton of holes last year and still finished 8-8.
And my point is, this team has more ifs to succeed than a standard successful team does.

Today's win was awesome, but... come on. Other teams have more consistent talent. Our team is still kinda predicated on ifs. We're not well built for long term success.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And my point is, this team has more ifs to succeed than a standard successful team does.

Today's win was awesome, but... come on. Other teams have more consistent talent. Our team is still kinda predicated on ifs. We're not well built for long term success.
That is true right up until the time it isn't.

Hell, I will take a short term Super Bowl success. I would gladly accept us sucking he next five years if that was a deal I could make.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love it, Amaze Balls! I loved Simmons when he was drafted, if you were to draw the picture of a perfect player, body and all it would look like Simmons! He is going to be a big star! Give Chandler what he wants he deserves it! Yay!! Love the combo of 55 and 99!!

Holy welcome back lady

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hell, I will take a short term Super Bowl success. I would gladly accept us sucking he next five years if that was a deal I could make.

without a doubt. One Super Bowl W and this team could crap the bed for a decade and I’d be okay with it.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG, a @bigredjane sighting! I remember you from years ago posting a picture of the Cards painted on the floor of your swimming pool and I loved it. I know you left because there were a lot of bad vibes back then. Don't let them chase you off this time!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember when I called out all the whining @Ouchie-Z-Clown during the preseason? Remember all all of the nonsense when the only regular that played was #7 DL Michael Dogbe?

Remember that? Remember when I was treated like the a hole? Remember?

This is the definition of attacking a poster. You need to stop it

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

You and me both! One of my closest friends is an Eagles fans that got to see Foles win it all in person. I'll buy you a case of beer, or whatever your flavor is when we bring home the trophy in 2022.

:cheers:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Just saw that the Titans now travel to Seattle. Good luck with that. Their line on both sides of the ball looked pretty… lousy. Yes, Lousy. Lousy. Lousy lousy lousy. Llooooouuusssyyy.
Im going to use that word at work tomorrow. Just because.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yep.

Its annoying when their beliefs are reality and everyone else is just being a "kool aider".

I saw this game coming. The WR corps is stacked with talent, OL is solid, and Murray is going to likely be the best QB the Cardinals have ever had. The defense has lots of talent too.

Not going to let the darksiders walk around cheering without a mention that they were wrong. Its a long season, but today they look wrong.
I’m curious where your post is that the cards were going to blow out Tennessee?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It is a bit early but we were told all offseason that if we believed we were drinking the Kool aid.

I've been around this team long enough to know when a real bad season is coming and there aren't really the indicators this year.
There weren’t a lot of people prognosticating “a real bad season.” Most thought it around .500. In fact I believe I predicted more wins than did Brit Card. People may have been concerned and even alarmed at certain positions or coaches or signings but I don’t recall seeing anyone saying we were going to be awful.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Unless today is the first indication that some of the if’s are no longer if’s.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I did expect crowd noise to be a factor, but 4 offensive penalties on our first drive was inexcusable. Kudos to the Cardinals for not letting that snowball. Our domination early took the crowd out of the game, and our offense answered the bell after the poor Murray pick on our 1st drive of the 2nd half. The defense was as good as I can ever remember a Cardinal defense being. Chandler brought a huge chip on his shoulders into this game & the Titans had NO answer. It was even more impressive when you take the 90 degree weather in extremely humid conditions into account. My only concern was that you could see the drop off when our big boys needed a breather. But, that’s to be expected. I still thought Hicks was on the field too much, but that’s not going to change in the near future. Simmons played great, and is starting to show off what we all expected to see last season. Secondary was aggressive too.

On offense, Murray not only performed as a superstar, but you could see that he’s far more of a leader than he has been in the past. I loved his interview after the game, saying that it was only 1 game & that there was much to improve upon. The guy that most impressed me was Kirk. Kudos to him, as he played great in the slot. You can tell that he has a great relationship with Murray, both on and off the field. Hop is great & he was everything we expected. Green had a few catches, would probably have had more, but Murray was dialed into Hop & Kirk. Moore proved today that he has special skills. Once he has this offense down, watch out. He has that extra gear that few players have.

I will not be critical of KK after a great win, because he did have this team ready to ball. After a season of no fans, I will give him & his team the benefit of the doubt with the early penalties. But, we won’t beat teams in our division if we start games like that. And eating up ALL our TO’s to avoid delay of game penalties has to stop right now! Ok, that’s all I’m saying about KK. GREAT job by Vance getting our D prepared today. I’m not a Vance guy, but he deserves kudos today.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’m curious where your post is that the cards were going to blow out Tennessee?
Not a blow out per se; what I mean is the elements in action, and I said as much all offseason.

Kirk in the slot wreaking havoc.

Rondale Moore made to order for KKs WR screens.

The combo of Edmonds and Conner being good enough.

The depth of the defense! Even the last DL on the depth chart Michael Dogbe played well.

Byron Murphy was going to step up more. It was always fake news that he was bad last year. He was average. Men lie, women lie, numbers don't, and Murphy was literally average statistically last year. And young players tend to improve so it was never a stretch to think he would continue to get better.

It's one game, but it was nice to see everything work out. As bad as Keim has been at times, I think he CAN build good teams, but he doesn't build teams that can be good for long. I think we can expect this team.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I went Cardinals ML and got paid. Thought about just going the points but that Titans defense is trash and I thought ours would match up well.
I had Cards +14.5 and +9 on some promos for $50 each and Hopkins and Murray to score for $50 @ +600 on an other promo. To be honest going in i was sweating the +9 and wasn't even that certain on +14.5. I was more then pleasantly surprised.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Koolaiders realize this. Darksiders are not praying to be right. We want the Cards to win and be relevant.
Now before we go crowning their asses let’s keep things in perspective.
1.Today we played well. We played a team that is nowhere near as good as playing from behind than with a lead.
2.Also, did you notice the drop off when Watts and a few others were given breathers?
3. it appears Kliff has made some adjustments. I saw formations I have not seen in the past. I saw more motion and WAY less 2 yard passes. Kyler under center a little more was nice to see. These are things we ALL doubted going into today.
4. Pre snap penalties and wasted time outs will kill us against better teams.
5. Let’s see how we adjust after our upcoming opponents adjust to what we showed today.

All that being said I am as happy as **** to be wrong about what I anticipated today. However, one game is not going to convince me that I should order playoff tickets just yet.
Remember, we were 6-3 last year and then …….

There seems to be a tendency for Darksiders to say "I'm not being negative. I'm just saying it how I see it" which frankly is nonsense.

Just one example. Many people have been not stop slating our RB room as garbage. There was no tangible reason to do that. Both Connor and Edmonds are solid young backs with plenty of potential which they showed yesterday.

Some just chose to ignore that potential.

Anyway, it's only game 1. Plenty of opportunities for doom and gloom yet!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose