Cardinals at Titans postgame thread

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
All good man, I never felt that belief was a bad thing, my only irritation was considering "ifs" as truths from some fans. Today inspired some hope in me.

This was a great start overall. But, every team in our division is looking really good as of the end of the 1st in LA.

Our division will definitely be the issue this year. If we were in any other one I feel we'd for sure be in the playoffs. How we contend with the rest of the NFCW will determine our season. I think if we come out 3-3 we are playoff bound.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Definitely a great road win, but for me, the playoff road wins in Dallas and Carolina come to mind.
man... That dallas win...98 was it?? My entire neighborhood was partying in the street.... we didnt need a super bowl that year... beating dallas in the playoffs, in dallas... that was the win of the decade.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All good man, I never felt that belief was a bad thing, my only irritation was considering "ifs" as truths from some fans. Today inspired some hope in me.

This was a great start overall. But, every team in our division is looking really good as of the end of the 1st in LA.
Good im happy the team gives u more hope today
Did u like our rb's and cb's today?
Couldn't read anything from u about the game, and i know how hard is for some Cardinals player pass the Solar7 test

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Our division will definitely be the issue this year. If we were in any other one I feel we'd for sure be in the playoffs. How we contend with the rest of the NFCW will determine our season. I think if we come out 3-3 we are playoff bound.
heres the thing about divisions.

they dont mean as much as the pundits would have you believe. a few years back the raiders went 6 and 0 in their division...beat the chiefs, broncos, and chargers twice each..... unfortunately it was their only 6 wins of the season....so at 6 and 10 they stayed home while KC won the division.

if we go 11-6 and all of our losses are within the division...we are still going to the playoffs.....
they are competing against their schedule.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other things I loved... there were a couple times we could have let the Titans back in the game and each time, we answered either with a turnover or a touchdown.

great sign from a team, on the road to start the season.

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
heres the thing about divisions.

they dont mean as much as the pundits would have you believe. a few years back the raiders went 6 and 0 in their division...beat the chiefs, broncos, and chargers twice each..... unfortunately it was their only 6 wins of the season....so at 6 and 10 they stayed home while KC won the division.

if we go 11-6 and all of our losses are within the division...we are still going to the playoffs.....
they are competing against their schedule.

They mean alot since your division accounts for over 1/3 of your schedule.

"Compete against their schedule" but its alot easier if the rest of your division is trash. Of course it means nothing once you make the playoffs, but makes your road there alot tougher.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
They mean alot since your division accounts for over 1/3 of your schedule.

"Compete against their schedule" but its alot easier if the rest of your division is trash. Of course it means nothing once you make the playoffs, but makes your road there alot tougher.
they are only important for common opponents...in the event of tie breakers.

obviously it would be easier if we had the afc east the patriots had for the last twenty years...almost a guaranteed playoff spot. but we dont have to dominate the nfcwest to be a serious contender

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Other things I loved... there were a couple times we could have let the Titans back in the game and each time, we answered either with a turnover or a touchdown.

Prime example: after the INT by Murray followed by TD for Tennessee, We went 75 yards in 6 plays. Next Tennessee drive, we got an INT. Nailed any chance of the comeback right there

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

The entire NFL has IFs. The Chiefs are starting 3 first year starters on the OL.

Even I underestimated Jones coming back. I said all offseason, most of the board was underestimating Watt as well. This can be a real good football team. Remember when I said moving Kirk to the slot was going to be better?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prime example: after the INT by Murray followed by TD for Tennessee, We went 75 yards in 6 plays. Next Tennessee drive, we got an INT. Nailed any chance of the comeback right there
Yup. Also, they did a good job of not giving up a big momentum TD drive to end the half by the Titans. Previous years that happens a lot, but this time not only didnt they give up a TD, but they forced a bad kicker into a long FG that he then missed.

keith wenzel

Reaction score
This is as big an opening day win that I can remember in a long time. The team was ready go play from the start and the game plan was excellent. A healthy Chandler Jones is the best thing for a secondary,welcome back and in Year three I think we have a potential superstar QB. Tough division but I think the other teams will respect us as much as we respect them

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
G

Great point. This was situational football at its finest. Every time they seized some momentum, we snatched it back.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Good im happy the team gives u more hope today
Did u like our rb's and cb's today?
Couldn't read anything from u about the game, and i know how hard is for some Cardinals player pass the Solar7 test
I mostly watch the Cards at my local bar these days, which limits me from being able to post during the games. When I'm lucky enough for it to be a locally broadcast game, I've got a chance to watch at home. This year, I have Sunday Ticket access, so I hope to be able to focus solely on our games in real time instead of having to re-watch.

When I keyed on him, Byron Murphy looked a lot better than he ever has. Marco Wilson had his moments, and I didn't see or hear anything from Alford, which is the best we could ask for. The front seven really helped. I'm cautiously optimistic about the secondary.

At RB, I felt like the position was useless until we were up big. Connor looked a little faster than he did with the Steelers, but both he and Edmonds seemed enabled by the passing game. I'd still love some better guys at the position.

Kyler and DHop dominated. I'm really excited about Rondale Moore. I still love Simmons. I never brought this up much on the board, but I loved Tyrann, and didn't know if Budda Baker would ever match that. He is a legit star, and when he denied that TD early on, I forced my friends to watch it.

Also, JJ Watt and Chandler Jones together are beasts.

This is one of the first games in a long time that I really want to go back and watch play by play, to get a sense of the cohesion that we have.

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man im frustrated that I still can't access the game on game pass 5 hours after the game. I checked and can watch every other game. Now I'll have to wait until tomorrow to watch it. Oh first world problems!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Koolaiders realize this. Darksiders are not praying to be right. We want the Cards to win and be relevant.
Now before we go crowning their asses let’s keep things in perspective.
1.Today we played well. We played a team that is nowhere near as good as playing from behind than with a lead.
2.Also, did you notice the drop off when Watts and a few others were given breathers?
3. it appears Kliff has made some adjustments. I saw formations I have not seen in the past. I saw more motion and WAY less 2 yard passes. Kyler under center a little more was nice to see. These are things we ALL doubted going into today.
4. Pre snap penalties and wasted time outs will kill us against better teams.
5. Let’s see how we adjust after our upcoming opponents adjust to what we showed today.

All that being said I am as happy as **** to be wrong about what I anticipated today. However, one game is not going to convince me that I should order playoff tickets just yet.
Remember, we were 6-3 last year and then …….

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The entire NFL has IFs. The Chiefs are starting 3 first year starters on the OL.

Even I underestimated Jones coming back. I said all offseason, most of the board was underestimating Watt as well. This can be a real good football team. Remember when I said moving Kirk to the slot was going to be better?
Ugh. I hate fighting with you after a wonderful win, but come on man, the Chiefs have the NFL's premiere QB, and a ton of skill players. They have a coaching staff that is packed full of proven coaches. Don't overdo one win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard