Cardinals at Packers gameday thread 12-2-18

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I wonder if passionate-rah-rah-locker-room Wilks will ever replace deer-in-the-headlights-sideline Wilks? He's like a totally different guy.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First win in GB since 1949. That’s crazy

It sounds huge, but it amounts to a 9-game losing streak. We beat them at Lambeau in 1949. Lost to them there the next 9 times over a 69-year span and then beat them there today.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds huge, but it amounts to a 9-game losing streak. We beat them at Lambeau in 1949. Lost to them there the next 9 times over a 69-year span and then beat them there today.

You're right. No big deal. A 9 game losing streak for the Redbirds is a regular occurrence .. lol

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
I believe the wins at the Packers in 1948 and 1949 were in Milwaukee. Before Sunday, our last win in Green Bay proper was in 1947 at City Stadium, before Lambeau was even built.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
Lucky for the Cards that on their 2nd touchdown drive the Packers caught the poor tackling disease that the Cards are afflicted with.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki‏Verified account@mikejurecki
Per @PFF “Chandler Jones picked up another sack on Sunday, making that 11 sacks in his past 10 games. Much of the game he was going up against one of the best pass-protecting tackles in David Bakhtiari, and still managed to beat him a couple of times to put pressure on Rodgers.”

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss‏Verified account@joshweinfuss
How unlikely were the Cardinals to convert the third-and-23 they were facing in the fourth quarter? Entering the week teams were 0-of-51 needing 23+ yards on 3rd down this season, per @ESPNStatsInfo.

Josh Rosen hit Larry Fitzgerald for 32 yards and a first down on the play.

Brighteyes

Super Bowl!
Reaction score
I've been vocal as anyone about Wilks getting fired and that hasn't changed. As a Cards fan I could give a Rats ass about a draft pick. I will take a win any day. Back when we knocked the Vikings out of the playoffs it cost us the number 1. That was fine cause being at that game and the atmosphere after was good times! YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

We were forced take some guy named Larry Fitzgerald.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
And one of those losses was week 17 with us resting the starters in 2009. He did that stupid belt thing after a rushing TD against backups, forever earning my dislike.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk