Cardinals at Falcons gameday thread 1-1-2023

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Cardinals AREN'T getting beaten one on one by top receivers.
But that’s not atttibutable to epic corner play. By and large we are a zone defense heavy squad. Eh, forget it. If you’re excited about journeyman Hamilton as one of our top 3 corners heading into next season I won’t take that away from you. Enjoy.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
But that’s not atttibutable to epic corner play. By and large we are a zone defense heavy squad. Eh, forget it. If you’re excited about journeyman Hamilton as one of our top 3 corners heading into next season I won’t take that away from you. Enjoy.
LOL no...

I'm merely stating that, by and large, the defense can get by with the play of Murphy, Wilson, and Hamilton. The defense doesn't need top play by corners to get by. None of those three have been bad by any metric.

Hamilton is very unlikely to return if the GM and coaching staff are turned over. Just giving the guy the credit he deserves.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Uh, nothing has changed except getting back from injury arguably the best defensive player in the league and a stretch of playing perhaps the easiest schedule in the league. That sure cures a lot of ills lol

Overall, I agree with your point about winning cultures. That's not going to make me root for us to beat the Whiners for some reason, though.

Since TJ watt returned, their D has allowed 14.6 ppg and have only lost to the ravens by 2. I don’t think it’s solely because of him, but I do agree he is a difference maker
I’m not talking about purposefully losing. Players don’t do that. I’m talking about as a fan hoping they lose, which has ZERO impact on the mentality of the franchise.

Also this: no team drafting in the top 5 is usually that draft pick away from winning a Super Bowl (terribke argument), but the players drafted with those higher picks damn skippy have an impact when those teams do later get good enough to be perennial playoff teams.

We will just have to end the conversation here because you clearly don’t get the logic.
I get the logic. Just because I won’t cheer against my team makes me too stupid to understand your logic. I get the logic, I’m just not for it.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hmm those teams have a chance at the playoffs. The cardinals do not. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEANINGFUL GAMES AND MEANINGLESS GAMES. We are talking about the latter. But by all means move the goalposts in an attempt to win a lost argument.
How am I moving goalposts by my argument? I mentioned a winning mentality for each franchise that magically finds a way to make them relevant come January?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How am I moving goalposts by my argument? I mentioned a winning mentality for each franchise that magically finds a way to make them relevant come January?
Sorry dude, if you can’t even figure out how you changed what we’re talking about there’s no use discussing with you anymore because your arguments aren’t in good faith.