Cardinals at Commanders gameday thread 9-10-23

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Clark was a 6th round pick, and Thompson wasn’t in the traditional draft. I didn’t like the trade either but your reasoning is just dumb.
Pointing out that a 5th is actually more valuable than the argument made doesn’t really support your position…

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That 5th round picks are always a gamble in general?
All draft picks are. But each one is also a shot at a player you hope will bolster your unit. Are you arguing that a 5th round pick is valueless? Because I’d say we didn’t get any value for it in week 1. Agree?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not sure honestly... Maybe to provide context for other die hards that can't see the forest for the trees.

I like this website for conversation around the Cardinals. Dobbs not performing well after arriving 13 days ago is not news and should be no surprise.

Pretending that Petzing thought Dobbs was Jesus and Mohammed combined is off base.
How is the organization selecting dobbs as starting QB 13 days after acquisition, and his performance, anything but news?!? Weird take.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The jokes on anyone that thinks a 5th rounder matters much, especially one that was conjured from players traded who had no future here.
I love how flippant some of you are about throwing away draft capital while typically spouting the “they’re building the right way, through the draft!” mantra.

Reactions: PJ1

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If your plan is to build through the draft, 5th round picks matter. Throwing them away for a scrub QB is ill advised.

I don’t disagree that trading a 5th for a decent NFL player who is under contract for multiple years can be good. This wasn’t that.
Borg

And, yes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love how flippant some of you are about throwing away draft capital while typically spouting the “they’re building the right way, through the draft!” mantra.
while also claiming those late round draft picks can be used to add good, young players, who we can then hold under contract for a couple years.

pretty much the anti-thesis of everything Josh Dobbs is as a player.

reality is some people just can't ever admit they're wrong about anything.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
LOL. You’re so sensitive.

I made an in-process opinion about his first game. He looked like Bobbie Massie in his third season.

He got lots of help. That’s a fact.
Real time observational opinions are no longer allowed on ASFN unless they are positive.

Btw, I agree with your one professional game observational opinion.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
while also claiming those late round draft picks can be used to add good, young players, who we can then hold under contract for a couple years.
Where did I claim this? I claim 1-3rd round is generally where you add real talent.

Nice of you to mis-characterize my argument, but I guess I'm used to it by now.
pretty much the anti-thesis of everything Josh Dobbs is as a player.
They brought in a veteran who generally knows the system and a veteran they know.

I swear every damn move is the sinking of the Titanic to you guys. It's hilarious and maddening.
reality is some people just can't ever admit they're wrong about anything.
The reality is some of us don't care.

Dobbs isn't anything I said he would be or wouldn't be. I made no predictions about his performance.

I swear I'm talking a different language than you guys are at times.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did I claim this? I claim 1-3rd round is generally where you add real talent.
LOL… There was a thread like two days ago where you made the argument that we can add good young talent by trading away low round picks. I even then asked you for examples and of course your response was find them yourself.

This literally doesn’t ring a bell to you? If not, is everything okay?

Nice of you to mis-characterize my argument, but I guess I'm used to it by now.

They brought in a veteran who generally knows the system and a veteran they know.
They brought in an awful QB, who’s been 3rd string, washing out of 5 teams and now on his 6th team in 7 years, who in all that time, had two emergency starts at the end of the season. Dude’s garbage and we decided to give a pick for him.

I swear, it’s okay just to say it was a bad move. I really do swear you won’t spontaneously combust and turn to ash.
I swear every damn move is the sinking of the Titanic to you guys. It's hilarious and maddening.
What’s hilarious and maddening is you blowing people’s opinions completely out of proportion because you’re own argument falls flat on it’s face.

It’s such bad faith discussion.
The reality is some of us don't care.
Right… which is why you keep engaging the subject.
Dobbs isn't anything I said he would be or wouldn't be. I made no predictions about his performance.
nonsequitir that has nothing to do with what we’re discussing.
I swear I'm talking a different language than you guys are at times.
This is obviously true.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
LOL… There was a thread like two days ago where you made the argument that we can add good young talent by trading away low round picks. I even then asked you for examples and of course your response was find them yourself.

This literally doesn’t ring a bell to you? If not, is everything okay?

They brought in an awful QB, who’s been 3rd string, washing out of 5 teams and now on his 6th team in 7 years, who in all that time, had two emergency starts at the end of the season. Dude’s garbage and we decided to give a pick for him.
Sure. But this is Madden where you go into season with Tune as your QB.

I swear some of you watch the NFL for decades and don't even understand the basics of roster building. Any time a new regime comes in, they bring a QB familiar with their system. They tried earlier and failed. And when they saw McCoy was completely inadequate, they made a move for a guy they know.

Sure you can find talent with late round picks, but QB is a more important position. I'll defer to people who know what they are doing in this instance.
I swear, it’s okay just to say it was a bad move. I really do swear you won’t spontaneously combust and turn to ash.
Good move? Bad move? It's a move. I didn't characterize the move either way when it was made. I just said the logic makes sense. Do. You. Get. It?
What’s hilarious and maddening is you blowing people’s opinions completely out of proportion because you’re own argument falls flat on it’s face.
LOL where? You guys are blowing every thread saying "See!! We are right, you are wrong!!! Neener Neener Neener.
It’s such bad faith discussion.
A bad faith discussion is talking anything with you guys. You don't see me running it in your faith about how wrong you were about the pass rush or other aspects of the team that were fine.

You know why? I understand that it's pretty damn early to make any definitive argument either way. The Dobbs trade made sense. Good. Bad. Indifferent.
Right… which is why you keep engaging the subject.
Just like I engage Trump supporters (not making it political).
Nice nonsequitir that has nothing to do with what we’re discussing.
It has everything to do with what we are talking about.
This is obviously true.
Maybe if you, and your ilk, weren't always so focused on "I'm right, you're wrong" type of discussions, things would be a lot more pleasant.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard