Cardinals announce they have released Hopkins - Signed with Titans

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
:biglaugh::biglaugh: "Signs with Titans"

So much for the he wanted to be on a contender. Clearly he went from sitting on the toilet bowl rim to sitting on the toilet seat.

Have fun losing Hop. Don't party too hard.

I wonder how long before he starts missing games.

I can't quite remember what he was making, but looks like he lost money too.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
So much for the he wanted to be on a contender. Clearly he went from sitting on the toilet bowl rim to sitting on the toilet seat.

Have fun losing Hop. Don't party too hard.

Sucks to lose a guy like Hopkins for nothing.

However - the Titans are far from the Cardinals. They were in the playoffs 5 straight years until last year (5/6 with Vrabel).
Hopkins gives them the AJ Brown threat they missed last year to go along with Henry.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sucks to lose a guy like Hopkins for nothing.

However - the Titans are far from the Cardinals. They were in the playoffs 5 straight years until last year (5/6 with Vrabel).
Hopkins gives them the AJ Brown threat they missed last year to go along with Henry.
Indeed they were, but the cliff can come fast.

We were shortly #1 in the NFL until we became the worst.

Similarly the Titans lost their last seven games. granted three without Tannehill.

Lewan is gone. Henry turns 30 during the season and despite his super human ability, what if he merely slips a notch?

I obviously concede they are still far ahead of our roster, but they still might end up with a toilet bowl style record playing in the AFC and an aging Tannehill at QB. But at least they're in the South so there's a chance that way.

Their roster is far behind much of the AFC.

I'm not saying they will be bottom, just there is a decent shot they will be in that vicinity and the trend seems to have started.

It wasn't much of an upgrade going from here to there.

It does suck to lose him for nothing, but he also settled for less money, but some guarantees. He thought he was getting high dollar from a contender.

But no way we would've cut him, so it's a loss for him $$$$ and a wash more or less competitively imo.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
He was snubbed by the teams he hoped to play for
Idk if he was snubbed or if it was a combination of cap and timing issues. In spite of missing some games for injuries and suspension, the dude was still playing at a high level. I think he is worth the contract TN is paying him. In DH’s mind, he can take the next 2 yrs to reset his value and/or allow a contender to plan/make a move for him. The reality was, sticking around in AZ was not doing anything for him. I’ve taken less money and perks to evacuate a toxic environment, and I didn’t look back.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Apparently, it IS all about money...
Seems like it was about less money. If he just shut up and played this year he gets 19 mil and one would think he could have gotten the same contract next year. But it's not unprecedented for player to get butt hurt and like act like a baby. I'll show you...

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Idk if he was snubbed or if it was a combination of cap and timing issues. In spite of missing some games for injuries and suspension, the dude was still playing at a high level. I think he is worth the contract TN is paying him. In DH’s mind, he can take the next 2 yrs to reset his value and/or allow a contender to plan/make a move for him. The reality was, sticking around in AZ was not doing anything for him. I’ve taken less money and perks to evacuate a toxic environment, and I didn’t look back.
Combination of points yes but reality he didn't have the market he assumed to have
One of the top teams could find a way to sign him but they didn't, the concerns raised here are the same perceived by other franchises and put him in a situation where just Tennessee come up with a decent offer for him
I m sure the titans wasn't his favourite destination

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Something is missing here...a guy still near his prime on the open market as a top 10 WR and his second best offer is 4m?
I'm sure his (lack of) practice habits and intentionally sitting out games are frowned upon by most teams...

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm sure his (lack of) practice habits and intentionally sitting out games are frowned upon by most teams...
Teams are trying to win the super bowl - adding a top tier WR is a good way to do this. He's still a top 10 WR!

The lack of a market has to speak to something more than disliking practice and allegedly sitting out games. Everyone knew that Cards team was toast - Nuk sitting helped the team get the #1 pick!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard