Cardinals' 2010-2011 Roster Assessments

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Mitch you never cease to amaze.I really am impressed with your effort and fandom behind it.There will always be someone to dissagree so keep your head up and keep doing what loads of us enjoy reading.Peace brother.Stay motivated as you do your best work thinking positive.

CARDINALS-LOVE is catching:)

Thanks, Doug. Your posts are perfectly clear to me. You played in the league, you know what you are talking about and we are the beneficiaries. Thanks, pal. Keep on keepin' on!

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Mitch, that's a whole s#itload of work you did there Sir, I really Appreciate It!!!!

No need for the "Sir" reference, although I do appreciate the sentiment, lw...that's better suited for Jeff as you and I both defer to him. What do you think the roster will be? I think we are going to start two rookies on defense in Williams and Washington...but they will be surrounded by veterans, which will enable them to prosper.

I also think that despite what the board thinks, Michael Adams could well be the opening day starter at RCB. Reasons:

1. Yes, he struggled at nickel versus Donald Driver, BUT he had never played there all year...and this was his playoff matchup? Wow. That was the nickel, RCB is another thing.

2. The long TD plays the the right side of the defense? No longer with Adams on that side...he is one of the top 3-4 tacklers on the team. And it's about time we had a good tackler there.

3. The WRs in the division are not much bigger than Adams...and he is one of the most competitive, tough-nut players they will face this year. Plus the dude has great quicks.

4. Donnie Henderson will have these DBs coached up so much better this year, the disparity will, be startling.

5. Plus, Adams played well at CB in pre-season last year, making some good breakups and an interception, only they had him playing on the left side. The right side is ideal for him.

Until Toler is ready...I think Toler is the nickel back, and Adams will be an incredible surprise.

Last edited:

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In Dems I Trust!

Oh, Lord I hope not.

Mitch, I copy your homework. You do all the work and I raise my hand in class and look smart.

And I read every word Doug has to say. He's been there, done that. Plus I'm pretty sure that he and his friends have a telegraph system going. I have this picture in my head of all of them e-mailing and talking and keeping each other clued in on who's healthy, who's having good workouts, who's late to team meetings, etc. And we, on this board, are on the receiving end of a whole lot of wisdom.

Besides, Doug knows Roman Gabriel. ;) Woo-Hoo! (My very first football hero. His arm was a cannon!)

(Doug, if you're reading this forgive us our talking about you in the third person. :))

Last edited: