Cardinal UDFA WR Powell Shot in Toledo, Ohio

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
(13abc Action News) - Arizona Cardinals NFL player Damond Powell is in the hospital after he was shot in Toledo last night.

It happened just after 8:30pm on the 400 block of Heathshire, off Richards Road in Toledo.

Police say that Powell was with friends when a person fired shots from a car down the street.

Powell was struck in the face, and was transported to a local hospital by private means. His injuries don't appear to be life-threatening.

No arrests have been made at this time. Police are looking for three black males in a gold vehicle. Witness say that all three males were wearing masks at the time of the shooting.

Powell recently signed as a free agent with the Arizona Cardinals.

He's a 2011 graduate of Rogers High School.

According to friends and family, Powell was in his hometown to speak to students at his Alma Mater.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't ruin his chance to be on the cards or any other team because some idiots decided to do a drive by.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't understand how he can recover from a bullet to the face in time for training camp.

the_future23

Registered
Reaction score
People don't get shot. Sounds like this guy hangs out with the wrong set of people and sounds like a distraction waiting to happen. I'd cut the man.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People don't get shot. Sounds like this guy hangs out with the wrong set of people and sounds like a distraction waiting to happen. I'd cut the man.

Yes. They do. Innocent people get shot. Happens all the time in drive-by's.

I know nothing about this player so there's no way I'm going to do anything other then pray he's not badly hurt and will be at camp in two weeks.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

In St. Louis last week a 3 yr old girl outside playing in her front yard was struck but a stray bullet during a drive by shooting which happen not far from her house. So it does happen.

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
(13abc Action News) - Arizona Cardinals NFL player Damond Powell is in the hospital after he was shot in Toledo last night.

It happened just after 8:30pm on the 400 block of Heathshire, off Richards Road in Toledo.

Police say that Powell was with friends when a person fired shots from a car down the street.

Powell was struck in the face, and was transported to a local hospital by private means. His injuries don't appear to be life-threatening.

No arrests have been made at this time. Police are looking for three black males in a gold vehicle. Witness say that all three males were wearing masks at the time of the shooting.

Powell recently signed as a free agent with the Arizona Cardinals.

He's a 2011 graduate of Rogers High School.

According to friends and family, Powell was in his hometown to speak to students at his Alma Mater.

Man....I hate to say it but if I made it into the NFL, and as a result was making much more than at any point in my life, why would I be in that neighborhood!? Seriously? I know, he was in his hometown to speak as his high school but that means that he was already aware of the situation. Send them a recorded message. Or record it live but geeze....

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score

Still have yet to see any claims of wrongdoing or shady dealings in this. Its easy to jump to conclusions, but there are plenty of people who get shot innocently.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Maybe he was on a hunting trip with Dick Chaney.

OP
OP
LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Apparently, a second bullet was lodged in his spine...seems he was the target.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard